Anyone else get the blues when they don't workout??

Options
I feel kinda crazy sometimes but when I go days without exercising I begin to feel depressed and get really down! I don't recall ever feeling like this before I started working out and eating right. Just wondering if anyone else gets like this when they miss normal workouts or if its just me.

Replies

• dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about "the blues" but I can become a downright *kitten* when I don't get to work out.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    I turn red when I squat. does that count?
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Yes, me too. I definitely start feeling down, disappointed in myself, lazy, sluggish, like I'm letting things slip. The last couple weeks I've only been able to get in two workouts per week, and I hate it. Exercise has become a necessity for me, it makes everything feel good and I can't stand to go without it.
  • whovian88
    whovian88 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I tend to get upset with myself if I don't get a workout in, especially if it was just "because I didn't feel like it," or some other lame excuse. I feel like my day is not complete without getting a good workout in.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about "the blues" but I can become a downright *kitten* when I don't get to work out.

THIS^^^ OMG

a few weeks ago I sprained my calf. No cardio or compound lifts for a week. By about the 5th day, I felt like I was PMSing BAD. Symptoms went away as soon as I could get 15 minutes in on the treadmill and do a few barbell squats...
  • kimharper13
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes,yes, yes!!! I was swimming for an hour 5 times a week, strength training with my trainer 3 times a week and then biking 4-5 times a week. I had lost 35 pounds since I started in October and then 2 and a half weeks ago I had a bike accident and broke my arm. It is driving my crazy not being able to workout. Talk about being blue, I'm blue!!!!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Me too. I feel bad that i've missed 2 days at the gym as it hasn't been open. I went for a long walk today with my kids to burn off a few calories (and burn off some of their excess energy!). Can't wait to get to the gym tomorrow! I'm starting to get really stressy.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    My anxiety levels go up, when I don't work out - particularly when I can't run. And I get as grumpy as hell. My SO used to complain about me going out to run so much. But now I've been layed off running for a while, with a little injury, he's been practically lacing my shoes on for me. Apparently I'm a bit nicer to live with when I'm running... :-)
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I think for me it's more time of year...shorter and colder days. But I start to feel like a big slug and bloated and flabby. Looking forward to the New Year and feeling and looking better. At least Holidays are over...no more cookies or candies to worry about. So looking forward to getting back at it!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Me! I get pissed at every little thing if I don't get to work out....I was actually depressed yesterday cause I couldn't work out even though it was Christmas lol You'd have thought someone told me I was grounded and couldn't go anywhere :laugh: I felt so much better after doing my weights/reistance training today but I was annoyed I didn't give myself enough time to do cardio as well. Oh well, tomorrow is another day!
  • SenshiV
    SenshiV Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    It's understandable to feel wrong because you know your are following the dangerous path of stop working out at all, which is a big hit in progress. But really, you can always take a rest for a few days or even a week every now and then more if you don' over eat, don't feel bad, if you are sure you will be back on track when you decided your rest will end :).

Remember you will not win pounds in weight in a few days, take takes long time to get too.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I get super antsy if I don't workout for a day. I didn't work out yesterday at all and I am excited to go workout after work before Christmas dinner #2.
  • hlcook
    hlcook Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yep, absolutely ... especially in the winter.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Yes. I had to take two weeks from working out a while back.

Week 1: CLIMBING THE WALLS!

Week 2: Lethargic and lazy.

Now I stay active. Even on rest days I go on walks or something of that nature.
  • Lizzy9
    Lizzy9 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Well, I became sick on Christmas Day - yep, bedridden sick. Not sure if it's the flu. Today, feeling better but have one thing on my mind. I want to go work out!!!!! I want to eat a salad!!!! I feeling a bit "dark blue" today. The weather doesn't help either. Snow Blizzard on the way! Ugg
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I run for the endorphin rush!
  • Crtny
    Crtny Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do for sure! I feel anxious and irritated when I go to long without working out.
  • Nimadi486
    Nimadi486 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    YES!!! I get really down and I feel like a lazy slug. That is why I hate taking a rest day! I don't really know how to avoid the feeling, I just try to look forward to the next day when I can go to the gym because I always have a killer workout after a rest day!
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    Yes, me too. I definitely start feeling down, disappointed in myself, lazy, sluggish, like I'm letting things slip. The last couple weeks I've only been able to get in two workouts per week, and I hate it. Exercise has become a necessity for me, it makes everything feel good and I can't stand to go without it.

This!
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I feel kinda crazy sometimes but when I go days without exercising I begin to feel depressed and get really down! I don't recall ever feeling like this before I started working out and eating right. Just wondering if anyone else gets like this when they miss normal workouts or if its just me.

I csn reslly relate with this, im currently out of the city at my parents place for a few days and all i can think about is going to the gym !!!! but hey family time is very important also so im not saying im not enjoying myself just saying i wish there was a gym near by!!!