Options

Replies

• madcat_wechanged
    Options
    With a SPOON!:wink:
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I cut it in half, take the pit out and put cottage cheese in it.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I use my fingers
  • Jess05071981
    Jess05071981 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Avocado is the bomb!!! Cut it up and put it over salad. Mush it up into a spreadable dip and put on sandwiches. Great food!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    My favorite way is a veggie sandwich, but I have never counted he calories. Start with favorite bread. Smear low fat cream cheese on one slice, and avocado on the other. Sprinkle a little garlic powder on the avocado. Slip a sliced tomato on the cream cheese, and top with alfalfa sprouts, then close the sandwich with the avocado covered slice of bread. Cut in half and serve. Yum. I like all the other ways mentioned, too.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to eat them is to slice it in half, scoop out the pit, sprinkle a little sea salt on the "meat," and eat the avacado out of the skin with a spoon. Sooooooo yummy!

I do this too, sometimes I sprinkle some hot sauce on it...like Tapatio.
  • katcunock
    katcunock Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    mash the avocado, mix with a little lime juice and chilli flakes, serve on toast topped with bacon :)
  • Dr_Flo
    Dr_Flo Posts: 465
    Options
    Despite the fact that I grew up with this fantastic food .. I am nowhere near as creative.
    I usually scoop it all out into a bowl, mash it up and either spread it onto bread as a guacamole sandwich or put it into a tortilla by itself or with beef fajita strips.

The tacos are amazing and its literally limitless on the combinations that you can make.

Avacado is one of those things that you can add to just about anything, sans ice cream hahaha, and make that food taste better.

Enjoy your new find and dont be afraid to try new and interesting combinations.
  • Eeyore255
    Eeyore255 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I like to cut mine in half the long way, scoop the seed out, and fill the seed hole with tuna salad.
  • Lalouse
    Lalouse Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Make guacamole and put it on whole wheat tacos!

here's an easy recipe: Peel and mash avocados in a medium serving bowl. Stir in onion, garlic, tomato, lime juice, salt and pepper. Season with remaining lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Chill for half an hour to blend flavors.

Also, if you want to go a little crazy (like me) and NOT eat it, you can use it as a face mask. It's sooo good for the skin. Just mush it and add a teaspoon of honey (which is also great for your skin). If you don't believe me, google it!

Also, if you don't know how to open an avocado, which I didn't know how to do a few years ago when I bought my first one. Cut it straight down the middle.. you'll feel the big seed in the middle. Pull it apart and scoop out the seed with a spoon (toss it). Then use a spoon to scoop out the insides and do what you want with them.
  • glitteredgrave
    glitteredgrave Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Oh man. Just cut it open and eat it as is! Or make an avocado and salsa sandwich. They're my favorite!
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    GUACAMOLE!

Two avos mashed
    Salsa to taste ( I like to add salsa until the mixture is more brown than green)
    salt to taste
    juice of 1/2 lemon (or more if you're like me)
    and if you like things spicy: one raw jalapeno, a few dashes of paparika

I like to make things from scratch frequently so this recipe is my own creation which is why there are no real "measurements". ENJOY!
  • ChinniP
    ChinniP Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    avocado smoothies are the best. OMG ... blend it up with some greek yogurt and a little honey.
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    Options
    I usually add onion, jalapeno, cilantro, a little bit of roma tomato, and garlic and mash it up for on top of tacos (corn tortilla + black beans) or any kind of mexican food. I also eat it plain and in wraps. In quinoa with oranges it's really good too. I made a chocolate "mousse" out of it for my kids too with real maple syrup and raw cacao powder, yummy!
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to eat them is to slice it in half, scoop out the pit, sprinkle a little sea salt on the "meat," and eat the avacado out of the skin with a spoon. Sooooooo yummy!

My favorite also.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    My favourite - cut in half, take out pit, cut into cubes inside the skin, fill both centers with mustard, add fresh cracked pepper and eat with a fork dipping each piece in mustard. YUM.

Make guacamole for sandwiches/dips/eating with spoon.... mash the avo up and mix with diced red onion, cilantro, lots of garlic, sea salt, pepper, lime juice and tomato.
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    You should probably only be eating about 2 tablespoons of avocado (about 3/4 of 1/2 of the piece of fruit) a day if you are on a fat loss diet as they are full of healthy fats. My favorite thing to do is squeeze a lime and get some liquid on it and then mash it up with a fork. Mix that with some onion and tomato and if you're feeling really fancy cilanto and you have some really good guac. Even with just the lime, avocado mix it's still really good!

Really?? So...the calories from the fat in the avocado will make you fat? Huh.
  • kokoforskinny
    kokoforskinny Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I bought an avocado the other day from the store because it was on sale. I've never had one before. How do it eat? Should I cut it up and put it on top of something?

If you could share your recipes/ snack ideas for eating an avocado that would be awesome :)

In a salad, on a sandwich, plain, as guacamole ...
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Ahh yes, avocados can be tricky to master. Here is how ya do it:

Step 1) Cut it open
    Step 2) Grab a spoon
    Step 3) Enjoy

Tip: Avoid the pit, its rather hard to chew and doesn't taste very good...