Taco Soup-Under 200 cals!

Options
lizapettit
lizapettit Posts: 166 Member
I posted this on Instagram last week, but thought that you guys might appreciate it more. Plus some of my friends don't use IG, so here's an awesome, SUPER LOW calorie recipe for you :) It's REALLY filling, seriously one bowl and I'm stuffed for under 200 calories!

photo5_zps30172ded-1_zpsad4304a9.jpg

SoupRecipe_zps5f3caa8b-1_zps8703c7a0.jpg

Replies

• lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Yummy Yummy! Must try sometime!
  • lizapettit
    Options
    Oh yes! I try to go for the organic and "no salt added" options since it's mostly canned beans/veggies.
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    That's almost the same recipe I use but I add a packet of ranch to the mix and don't use hominy.
  • lizapettit
    Options
    That's almost the same recipe I use but I add a packet of ranch to the mix and don't use hominy.

Ranch seasoning is awesome in it!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. I will definitely have to do ground beef instead of turkey, and leave out the yogurt. Thanks for posting.
  • mandypooh2103
    mandypooh2103 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Ooh yessss
  • keekahari
    keekahari Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    mmmmhm, sounds good!
  • jlynnem13
    jlynnem13 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Cant wait to try it out :)
  • JulieB_MN
    JulieB_MN Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! Thanks for posting:)
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Trying this tonight! Thanks for the recipe!
  • janf15
    janf15 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    How much sodium?
  • lomogeek
    lomogeek Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    can't wait!
  • Peggb
    Peggb Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I may make it tonight - yum!!
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    I also prefer to use venison, elk, or moose meat. Extra lean hamburger is still ok.
  • Miiimii
    Miiimii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Natural cheese made with 2% milk .... ehm...and where is the rest 98% coming from? Cheese is normaly a milk product, that's what I call natural cheese. This stuff from Kraft sounds disgusting. Happy we don't have stuff like that over here.
  • Improvised
    Options
    I also prefer to use venison, elk, or moose meat. Extra lean hamburger is still ok.

Oooh, good idea! I have both venison and elk in the freezer!
  • ChinniP
    ChinniP Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy but super high in sodium. :( My ankles will swell to the size of Texas. Any amounts for freshly hydrated beans and vegetables?
  • Improvised
    Options
    sounds yummy but super high in sodium. :(

if you made your own taco seasoning, you could drastically cut down on the sodium. You can also rinse the beans before adding to the soup.
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    Natural cheese made with 2% milk .... ehm...and where is the rest 98% coming from? Cheese is normaly a milk product, that's what I call natural cheese. This stuff from Kraft sounds disgusting. Happy we don't have stuff like that over here.

It is made wtih 2% milk, it doesnt mean that the ingredients of the cheese is only 2%. Hee hee
  • Christabelle79
    Christabelle79 Posts: 80 Member
    Options

Haha. It's 2% milk as in 2% milk fat. The milk is broken down into percentages in the States (Whole, 2%, 1%, Fat-free) so that people can decide what fat content they want to take into their bodies. 2% milk is often referred to as reduced-fat milk since it contains less fat than whole milk, which is 3.5% fat.

Edit: Beause my last comment was snarky