Ladies am I the Only one having this Problem?

Options
MaryJane_8810002
MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
Today I went to the mall and almost a lot of the stores I went to had these size restrictions. The largest size these stores had were a LARGE . Like all these sales and I had to leave with Neon Sports bras and long sleeved shirts. And if you want to go to a plus size store its really expensivee. I'm no longer in High School so I am not going to try and squeeze into a pair of size 13 jeans ( was tempted to) to save a few bucks. Gosh it is so frustrating!

Replies

• pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Yep. I have a similar problem in that all of my sizes are the "average" size for most women, so all of the items in my size are always sold out. Like, there will be size 8 jeans and size 14, but no 12 or 10s. Even my size 8 shoes are always sold out!
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Yep. I have a similar problem in that all of my sizes are the "average" size for most women, so all of the items in my size are always sold out. Like, there will be size 8 jeans and size 14, but no 12 or 10s. Even my size 8 shoes are always sold out!

Makes me kind of glad I wear a size 9.5 or 10 in shoes
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I think it's just luck. I wear a size M, and I went to the store and all they had today was L and XL.
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

Girl me too...I was able to get some Asics for only $40 instead of $100. <3 my size 9.5 feet. :)
  • silverburk
    Options

I wear a size 8 and have this problem as well! So frustrating!
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    my daughter's XS are very hard to find too. My 10s are hard to find sometimes. Shoes for us are pretty easy though. She's a 5 and I am a 6
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options
    I was able to find my size for once...it could just be dumb luck. I'm sure they will restock all week. I'd check again later this week if it's worth your time.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I usually skip the stores and shop online. They have a much larger selection of sizes and I can easily see what is on sale. Many stores stock plus sizes online even if they aren't available in stores. Even with the plus size stores, they have great online sales that can make stuff pretty affordable. Find stores you like and sign up to receive sale updates by email.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    When I was an XL, they were always out of XLs. Now I'm a small/medium, and they're always out of small/mediums.

It's a conspiracy, I tell ya.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    Options
    I usually skip the stores and shop online. They have a much larger selection of sizes and I can easily see what is on sale. Many stores stock plus sizes online even if they aren't available in stores. Even with the plus size stores, they have great online sales that can make stuff pretty affordable. Find stores you like and sign up to receive sale updates by email.

I would love to do that but I am terrible at online shopping.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    Options
    I was able to find my size for once...it could just be dumb luck. I'm sure they will restock all week. I'd check again later this week if it's worth your time.

I was considering going to a more desolate mall with similar stores.
  • rgohm
    rgohm Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I hate that is seems the average size of women is on the rise yet the size of the clothing seems to be shrinking! I have went to Target and purchased something in a 2x which should should have been huge on me but to say it was form fitting is putting it lightly! I really don't like squeezing into something, let alone something that is supposed to be a size bigger than I currently wear (I like loose PJs)!! I no longer shop at Target for clothes.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I hear ya.

I'm in between sizes now and that makes it hard to order anything online because I want to try things on.

And I'm not 13 either - I just want a standard pair of jeans. I don't want fancy stitching or rhinestones on my *kitten*! And I don't want poofy sleeves that show off my bat-wings!!
  • stinkpurty
    Options

Really? I hardly ever find size 10 shoes. Must have a lot of women with big feet in my area.
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options

I would love to do that but I am terrible at online shopping.

I recommend Zappos! I have had lots of success with them and free returns if you don't like it.
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Where are you trying to shop? Most stores have "women's" sizes as well. Unless you're going to Forever 21 and those type of stores. My problem is that if you're fat, you're tall....or so manufacturers seem to believe! If I shop the women's dept. the waist is under my armpits and I'm dragging 4 inches on the bottom! I can't wait until I can get back into smallers sizes so something will actually FIT my WHOLE body!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    Options
    I went to stores like wet Seal, papaya, Charlotte Russe. Forever 21 has up to 3x
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I went to stores like wet Seal, papaya, Charlotte Russe. Forever 21 has up to 3x

Honestly, I think these stores a primarily for juniors. I've never been able to find anything that fits in any of them. If the store's sizes are 1,3,5,7,11 etc, it is juniors sizing. Women's sizing is all of the even numbers (2,4,6,8,10, etc.)

Like, I can't even shop the juniors section of Target, where I get most of my clothes, because of the difference. They're just cut differently. Sucks, I know.
  • JenM76
    JenM76 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I've always had this problem. When I was in HS and big, I could never find anything I wanted to wear (as a teenager) that was cute and fit and was a reasonable price. College, same deal. I'm 36 now, and down to a size medium in most cases. Now, when I go into a store, I have the luck of finding something I like, but it is a size large or xtra large. It is extremely frustrating. That, and one store's medium is another's large. Generally I shop at the same stores or get the same brands over and over. I know they fit, I know I look good in them, and I know what I'll be paying for them. If I find them on sale, great. If not, well that sucks.
    Hang in there. I know it is frustrating, but keep trying.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options

Really? I hardly ever find size 10 shoes. Must have a lot of women with big feet in my area.
    It must have to do where people live, or again..maybe just luck! There are always size 10 shoes here, but there are never size 8 (my size).