Appetite suppressants

Options
Anyone have any appetite suppressants they recommend?

Replies

• RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Theres a good one called "track calories and macros and make sure you're in a caloric deficit"
  • TallAndSkinny22
    Options

Uhhhh... Water?
  • rinathin
    Options
    Theres a good one called "track calories and macros and make sure you're in a caloric deficit"

It'd be great if it were that easy...
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Caffeine.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options

It is that easy. Its the actually doing it part thats difficult.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    chromium
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

It isn't "easy" but it is worthwhile. Personally, I've tried diet pills and suppressants and they don't work. Learning about portion control and dealing with my overeating tendencies through tracking my calories has been the biggest help.
  • terracotti
    terracotti Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    nasty pictures
  • cruciia
    cruciia Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I've tried some over-the-counter diet pills, as well as prescription. The over-the counter pills dont work for me, and if anything the only boost I got was the caffeine. I tend to take a no-doz pill (caffeine) before my workout which makes me wake up and actually get through my entire workout. That's probably not recommended however, and last time I mentioned caffeine I was jumped on my people telling me how bad it was for me. But it works for me.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Why does everyone want to decrease there food?

Food=fuel!
    What happens when you run out of gas? Your car won't work.
    And when your fuel gage gets down to past half your car starts sucking down gas faster.

So, when you get to that halfway mark you should give your body the fuel it needs to operate properly!

Eat your calories!!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Why does everyone want to decrease there food?

Food=fuel!
    What happens when you run out of gas? Your car won't work.
    And when your fuel gage gets down to past half your car starts sucking down gas faster.

So, when you get to that halfway mark you should give your body the fuel it needs to operate properly!

Eat your calories!!

^ What she said.
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Best advice I was ever given by a nutritionist was if you make sure your meals are high in protein with a good amount of fat and fiber you won't need an appetite suppressant.
  • stephross88
    stephross88 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    If you are a volume eater and it goes way beyond the normal, healthy, eating your calories to fuel your workouts, then I recommend Phentermine. It has worked great for me and helps me to not feel so famished so that I can more easily make conscious, healthy eating choices.
  • jesswait
    jesswait Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Cardio
  • CelebrateLife
    CelebrateLife Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    ** Clean Eating
    ** Drinking Green Tea (sip throughout the day -really does work)

Good Luck!!!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    add more proteins and healthy fats to your diet

tabata style workouts and sprint HIITs are also appetite suppresants because of how they effect appetite hormones

adequate sleep

proper hydration
  • paijing
    paijing Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Any kind of stimulant (caffeine included).

Protein & fiber.

Water.

Cardio.

Staying super busy or getting deeply involved in a work project.
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options

A giant green salad with little to no dressing (use the 1 calorie per spray vinaigrette) with fresh carrots. Amazingly if I get hungry, I take one of these and for only about 40 calories, i'm full until its meal time.
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    If you are a volume eater and it goes way beyond the normal, healthy, eating your calories to fuel your workouts, then I recommend Phentermine. It has worked great for me and helps me to not feel so famished so that I can more easily make conscious, healthy eating choices.

The problem with Phentermine (Adipex) is that the side effects can wreak havoc on a person. I know when I took it a few years ago, I barely ever slept, became more irritable, and it effected my relationship with my wife. Not to mention it is a steroid which has other effects on the body. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking anyone for taking it, just be aware. The side effects with it can and most certainly do happen to a lot of people who take it.
  • u2012
    u2012 Posts: 3
    Options
    guava