Replies

• AiimeeDee
    AiimeeDee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Quickly!! Or others will before you.
  • queendeej
    queendeej Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I usually either do guacamole, or mash it on the bread of a sandwich instead of mayo.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    You should probably only be eating about 2 tablespoons of avocado (about 3/4 of 1/2 of the piece of fruit) a day if you are on a fat loss diet as they are full of healthy fats. My favorite thing to do is squeeze a lime and get some liquid on it and then mash it up with a fork. Mix that with some onion and tomato and if you're feeling really fancy cilanto and you have some really good guac. Even with just the lime, avocado mix it's still really good!

Why would we want to limit healthy fats if they're healthy?
    It's the 90s, don't you know?

Curious about this thread anyway. Avacado's aren't that common here, at least in general Supermarkets.
  • beccamh
    beccamh Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to eat them is to slice it in half, scoop out the pit, sprinkle a little sea salt on the "meat," and eat the avacado out of the skin with a spoon. Sooooooo yummy!

ditto!
  • queendeej
    queendeej Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I may be weird but I also like to chop it up and add it to a bowl of soup sometimes.
  • shosh413
    shosh413 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    these are all amazing ideas!

Also to add- if you want it to last long in the fridge keep a pit in it and wrap it in tinfoil! works for me :)
    Keeping the pit in it keeps its life long
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I slice them and put them on turkey/chicken sandwiches. I think it tastes better than mayo.

Chicken salad.

Diced into egular lettuce salads.

On tacos, tortillas.

Also, if you don't eat the whole thing right away, pour some orange juice over it before you store it in the frig or it'll turn brown.
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Take left over blackened chicken and cut into chunks. cut avocado into chunks. dice up some celery and onion. Add a handful of dried cranberries and about a tbsp of mayo. Makes a fantastic chicken salad!! :love:
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Mix it 50/50 with your favourite salsa, add some low calorie Miracle Whip and a pinch of cumin, and you've got a great lo-cal guacamole.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    With your mouth.
    Lol, sorry, I just had to say it.
  • dcglobalgirl
    dcglobalgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    For instant guacamole, I just take some store bought salsa and mix it in with the mashed avocado. The salsa usually has tomato, onions, spices, etc. Very yummy.
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I may be weird but I also like to chop it up and add it to a bowl of soup sometimes.

Especially a good bowl of Chicken Tortilla soup.....:love:
  • K9rescue
    Options
    The avocado should be soft when pressed on. Cut in half and scoop it out it's shell, much like cantaloupe. Discard the seed.
    If you cube it, it is great with cubed grill chicken. Toss together and squirt a touch of lemon (I prefer lime) juice on top and you have a chicken salad without mayo. You can also added cubed or slice avocado to a tossed green salad. I also eat it as a side to a mexican omelet.
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    So many uses... in soup, on chicken (I like a little lemon juice w/ avocado on top of a grilled breast), guacamole, on sandiwches, use to mix with yolks for delicious deviled eggs. Mmmmmm.
  • ilmb87
    ilmb87 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I actually had some yesterday with black cherry greek yogurt. Sooo good together, surprisingly enough. I'd figure plain greek would be just as good too.
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Eat it while saying NOM NOM NOM!
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to eat them is to slice it in half, scoop out the pit, sprinkle a little sea salt on the "meat," and eat the avacado out of the skin with a spoon. Sooooooo yummy!

This...or I use a little low sodium soy sauce. I also slice it up to put on salads or just as a side...and of course, guacamole.

Same here: I like a little low sodium soy sauce with mine.

I used it today instead of mayo, and made a pita with low sodium albacore tuna, avocado, and a teaspoon of low sodium soy sauce. It was perfect.
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I eat it plain. My husband, however, likes to mash it up and add a bunch of mexican and spicy seasonings. Almost like guacamole, but without the salsa, onions, cilantro and garlic.
  • arlingtonangel
    arlingtonangel Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I slice mine in half take out the pit, fill the hole with shredded chicken breast, sprinkle it with reduced fat cheddar cheese and a dash of hot sauce and bake till the cheese is bubbly....OMG delish
  • optigal
    optigal Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Chop it up with some diced tomatoes in an omelette. YUMMY!