Replies

• ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    welcome to life.....anything worth having takes time
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    It's a long and slow process. I wish it happened over night.
  • crabbok
    crabbok Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I spent a full year going to the gym 2-3 times a week and the results weren't that great. I had slightly larger arms and chest, but since I wasn't eating that well that was just about all I had to show for it.
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Wait wait wait, so Jillian Michaels was lying?!?!! Dahfaq?!?! Well no one saw that coming
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    well we cant see your journal, can you open it? We can help you then. How many cals are you eating? How frequently are you exercising? what exactly are you doing for exercise? Are you eating good foods or junk?
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options

i thought I'd be jacked after like 3 months or so. (thank you fitness magazines)

2 years later, I realize I'll spend the rest of my life chasing goals.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    6 whole months, eh? I'm pretty sure the OP is making a joke, but people really are being misled about how long results take. The fitness marketing packs the misinformation right in the titles. 30 day shred. P90x. 6 Week 6 Pack. Insanity (60 day program even tho the time is not in the title)
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    6 months is barely scratching the surface. Anything worth having takes time and dedication and education and work ethic. And maybe some shakeolody and beachbody for good measure.
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    The question is, what do you do at the gym? What are you lifting?
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    NUtrition is probably 70% of the battle.
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Yeah, just going to the gym isn't going to do much. It's what you do WHEN you're there that matters....so the questions are this:
    How is your diet? You can't outexercise a bad diet.
    Are you lifting weights that are heavier than your grocery bags? You need to actually lift WEIGHT to get somewhere. Not just lift litle pink cute weights up and down 500 times.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

i thought I'd be jacked after like 3 months or so. (thank you fitness magazines)

2 years later, I realize I'll spend the rest of my life chasing goals.

^This. I think the best response to one of these type of questions I've seen in a while. Goals change, your definition of "jacked" changes, etc. And yes, fitness magazines suck.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    It would be nice if it was a easy 6 month process and everyone in the world were fit and beautiful....
    but then what would be the satisfaction in that.
  • betoarango
    betoarango Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    The fitness media/advertising is lying to us???
    Who would have guessed, and making a tidy profit as well.
    Stick with it, and it will come, not easy not fast, but nothing great is easy, it isn't supposed to be..

Try enjoying your weightloss/gain/health/fitness journey, not just wondering when it will end, otherwise you might be missing all the important lessons that will change your life once you "get there"
  • trancenhouse
    trancenhouse Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Patience. Patience. Patience. Did I mention Patience?
  • brandie_lou
    Options

Are you lifting weights that are heavier than your grocery bags? You need to actually lift WEIGHT to get somewhere. Not just lift litle pink cute weights up and down 500 times.

Sometimes people who are beginning can only life those cute pink weights. And I can't lift them 500 times at that.
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options

Sometimes people who are beginning can only life those cute pink weights. And I can't lift them 500 times at that.
    Who carries in your groceries for you? Do you have a child? If so, who picks them up/picked them up for you? Who pours your milk for you? If you are doing these things yourself, you CAN pick up more than those "cute little pink weights". Woman are capable of lifting a LOT more than they give themselves credit for. Think about what you pick up in a day! Don' sell yourself so short! If you're not challenging your muscles you WON'T see progress! Bottom line!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    I'm in the shape I'm in not because of just 6 months of training, but basically 30 years worth of it. It won't take 30 years, but I promise you that even a year's worth of training is just the beginning.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    It's all about the diet.