My snack drawer at work is getting low. Ideas? :)

Options
1235»

Replies

• crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I snack all day long, and I'm not pre-diabetic, so there is nothing wrong with snacking! :)

I have a homemade cranberry nut trail mix in pre-portioned ziplock bags. It contains(all unsalted) Almonds, Sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, walnuts, macadamian nuts, cashews and raisons.

I also love those quaker portion controlled snack packs. Fudge drizzled popcorn, chocolate chip cookies, oat bars, etc.

I will also take fruit salads or cut up veggies, and munch on them throughout the day.

Yogurt and Granola works as well.

Hope this helps!
  • ricanlove85
    ricanlove85 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love peanuts. It is a healthy snack. I also enjoy Almonds. Nutri Grain Bars and Nature Valley bars are loaded with sugar and carbs and are not good for you.
  • Beyond_Value
    Beyond_Value Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That is funny oreos, etc.

I am not diabetic and eat every few hours.

I don't have a snack drawer I bring them each day.

I take and mix sunflower seeds and raisins together.

Try mixing raw veggies in small bites and add raisins for sweetness.

You may have to bring the day of just a suggestion.
  • caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Why not replenish it with stuff you enjoy eating?

Because that would be Oreos and Reese's PB cups :)

Hahaha. Great answer!
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Fruit. If it's whole it'll keep for a few days. Those mini flavoured tuna cans and reduced fat wheat thins crackers. Protein bars, oatmeal packets and a bowl and spoon. Or to cut the sugar and the cost, just put serving sizes of regular oatmeal into baggies with whatever sweetener you use. I add a lil dollop of honey and peanut butter to my oatmeal. It's like eating a cookie.
  • lectriceye
    lectriceye Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Almonds, Smoked almonds, trail mix, pumpkin seeds, granola bars, dried fruit, cups of applesauce (or pouches) and Clementines.

A good tip on the nuts/almonds etc. I keep mine in empty Altoid (or simlar) tins. :)
  • olores
    olores Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Everyone needs to have healthy snacks...stashes as you say! Just remember to premeasure them...1 TSP etc. (5) Baby carrots make a great snack...mini chocolate chips mixed with sunflower seeds, or any nut of your liking....raisins....(5) ritz crackers with a laughing cow cheese wdege....quaker oats makes nice packaged ones....Stila, the strawberry ones are great! Peabut butter with anything...fruits....cheese! Instant oatmeal! Google healthy snacks.....lots of ideas!! Good luck!
  • leblanc_kelly88
    leblanc_kelly88 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    bumping for ideas for when i do the groceries this week!