Pasta - 20 calories!!!!

Options

Replies

• vnovit
    vnovit Posts: 101
    Options
    Yes gluten free!! You put them in a pot of boiling water for 2 minutes and VOILA!
  • vnovit
    vnovit Posts: 101
    Options
    LeggyAmerican, why is it gross stuff? It's delicious and it's good for you... it's high in protein and gluten free.. it's health food. Sorry to offend you
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i havent tried those noodles but i live in a chinatown so i frequently get all kinds of noodles made from rice, yams, etc. all are gluten free and usually pretty cheap (1 huge pack is usually about $1) as well as lower in calories than noodles made from wheat flour.

i'll have to look for the tofu ones
  • rachelilb
    rachelilb Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    i boil mine in chicken broth for few minutes then dry pan fry them with whatever i have on hand....yum!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

So in an effort to stay on track, I did some research and shopped around and found this incredible product: Tofu noodles that are 20 calories for half the package. I made them yesterday... they taste and feel like real pasta! They are incredible - and I will be using them over regular pasta. They are super filling and you can garnish them any way you want.

Just wanted to share this tid bit with you! They are sold at my Longo's, but I am sure you can find them anywhere!

You really think they taste like actual pasta?!
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing, i will have to look for them
  • RebeccaHite
    RebeccaHite Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash Rocks...Not a squash fan until I tried.It acts like noddles and can barely tell so much healthier.I steam half in a glass square pan with a lil water in the micro wave for 8 min and it shreds with a fork like strings out like(noddles)of course take the seeds out first,but is a good substitute.
  • Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    The reason its low in calories is because it has less nutrients and flavour than normal pasta lol :drinker:
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I know many people who use this as an alternative to pasta, but I just couldn't get over the texture! For me, pasta is my "gateway drug." Instead, I use vegetables, whether spaghetti squash or broccoli slaw. It doesn't taste like pasta (obviously), but I don't need to worry about going over my calories and it's much healthier than tofu noodles.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    :sick:
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    one serving is 1/2 cup of regular pasta and only 150 calories. Don't get people trying to substitute with gross stuff. Just eat a portion and enjoy.

If you think they are gross, you probably didn't prepare them correctly. You need to rinse them THOROUGHLY for 5+ minutes in as hot of water your sink can do. After they are rinsed and drained, cook them in a large dry saute pan for 5+ minutes until the outside of them are dry. If you actually do these 2 steps correctly, they don't have any odor, or any strange taste. They absorb the flavors that you cook them in.

Definitely worth it when 1/2 cup.. heck, 50 cups of them are 0 calories. You just have to make sure you start it right to have a great finished product. I have a recipe on here for Vietnamese Seafood Pho that uses them. There is also a Pad Thai recipe floating around the forums that is pretty great.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    you should be eating more calorie dense foods. This is kind of embarassing. Do they contain nutrition at all - or are they just something with no calories and no point in eating them other than to be able to eat?

I would never put gas in my car that my car couldnt use to go anywhere with

Edited to remove an overdramatic smileyface.
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KindaOverThis
    KindaOverThis Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i boil mine in chicken broth for few minutes then dry pan fry them with whatever i have on hand....yum!
    What's dry pan frying? I've never heard that term before?
    Thanks!
  • limesublime
    limesublime Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish, thanks for sharing!
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I used to love these... but for whatever reason, I really can't eat them anymore. *sigh* I think it's because I briefly went back to normal noodles... :noway:
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    get the real shirataki noodles, you can find them at asian markets. those are 0 calories. rinse them first and dry cook them
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

It comes in a liquid... so you drain it, and just pan fry them (with no oil or anything) until they're dry. Takes about 5 - 7 minutes.
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

After you rinse them thoroughly, drain them, and put them in a dry saute pan and cook on high for 5+ minutes until the outside of the noodles are completely dry. It finishes taking the fishy smell off the noodles and slightly changes the texture so that they are more appealing for the average person.