124»

Replies

• ummommyme
    ummommyme Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!!
    I ran 1 mile straight
    I walked ran my first 5k in the pouring rain
    Worked out at least once a week for the whole year and a few months of 2011, that's a first
    Lost 10 lbs, now 40-50 more to go
    Used my inhaler a lot less
    Went from being able to do 1 manly pushup to doing 10-15 in a row. Normally 10 but i've gotten as high as 18 before, i hate pushups.
    And after starting to do pushups for a month i realized my right arm rotator cuff pain that was making it hard to brush my hair and lift my purse and take off my shirt, had improved dramatically. Now i hardly notice it, that was a nice side effect of pushups i didn't expect.
    I can run up my sister's apartment stairs to her third floor apt without dying now.
    I can exercise now if front of my husband.
    Many more i'm sure, thanx for asking!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Wow! Lots of great firsts!

I have to really dig deep to find something.....

Ran 2 5Ks (my first 5K was in 2011 - Warrior Dash); I ran that one again this year and added the Reindeer Romp - I actually placed 3rd in my division for the Reindeer Romp ...so I guess that's a first. I've never placed in anything before

Ran my fastest 5K ever @ 23'52"
    Ran my fastest 10K ever @ 49'54"

I learned how to swim (using youtube and my neighbor's help); and actually swam the front crawl (or free style) for laps without touching my feet to the bottom of the pool; I actually jumped in the pool a few times went to the bottom and came back up without drowning (I've always been afraid of water); I swam to the bottom of the "deep end" (it's only 5 1/2 feet deep (but I'm only 5'2") in my neighbor's pool), touched the bottom and came back up without sucking in water and without freaking out a couple of times. Actually, this is a real feat for me; we're putting in a pool next year and I hope to do even more with swimming; perhaps train & run a triathlon.

Oh and I got my body fat down to 15%; that's definitely a first :bigsmile:

I guess that's it for me; I can't really think of anything else
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome everyone!! What a great year for all of us!!! :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :love:

In 2012 I...

lost 74 pounds

ran my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd 5k

lowered my blood pressure from the "high" range to the "low" range

lowered my BMI by 11.6 points (from severely obese to overweight - 2 more points to normal!!)

was able to wear my wedding ring again

went from a size 22 to a size 12

found my confidence and self-worth!!!
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    This year-
    -Kept on eating right and exercising beyond Jan/Feb
    -Completed a 100 mile road bike ride
    -Went Zip Lining with my daughter

Next year-
    -Complete a 35 or 50 mile mountain bike ride
    -Do some kind of triathlon
    -Do some kind of mud run or adventure race
  • brainfreeze72
    brainfreeze72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    For the first time in 40 years I counted calories! In 2012 I've lost 30 pounds, never did that before if it wasn't related to child birth.

Yup that's right, I was a bean pole when I was young and never worried about calories. Now I'm just trying to pay attention so I can get back down to my ideal weight. I hope when I get there that I can be happy with my appearance and accept the body I have and be happy with myself (not critisize my big thighs or small breasts or stretch marks etc etc etc). I've never quite done that before either.

I hope to run a full 5k straight out and not run a mile then walk then run a mile and walk etc until I get the 3.2 in.
  • kylieannfran
    kylieannfran Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Ran my first 5K! Something I never thought I'd be able to do.
  • klwells08
    klwells08 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I love this post! All of the accomplishments listed within are amazing.

In the past year I have:

Lost 80+ pounds
    Went from a size 18 to a 10
    Regularly wear a size 10 for the first time in my life
    Ran my first 5k
    Discovered I love running
    Most importantly - Learned that a few bad days are not the end of the world. Just pick it back up and get going again.
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    1) drastically cut sugar and fat from my diet
    2) wore gymclothes constantly
    3) made it a habit to walk to the shops
    4) went from a size 12 to size 8 australian
    5) from overweight to healthy bmi
  • mrook2009
    mrook2009 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I lost 60 lbs! Something I thought that I would never do! :)
  • Melaniec78
    Melaniec78 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone!!!! I ran a 5k with my man and 14 year old son. This was a before 30 goal and I finally got up the courage to do it at 34! :happy:
    I also joined a gym and actually forced myself to go, and I LOVE IT. Joined years ago and was too nervous I would be the fat out of place chic.

Here's to an even better 2013 for everyone :flowerforyou:
  • TheLaser
    TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Great job, everyone! This is so inspirational!

My firsts for 2012:

1. I ran 3 x 25k trail races
    2. I ran my lifetime best half marathon -7:31 pace
    3. I got married and rocked my wedding pictures at maintenance weight (1.5 years maintaining)
    4. I bought a beautiful old house from 1892 with my husband.
    5. I got pregnant.

My goals for 2013:

1. Survive this difficult pregnancy and have a healthy, happy baby in May!
    2. Lose the pregnancy weight by the end of 2013.
    3. Get back into running and swimming routines as soon as possible after baby is born.
  • Runs4Pasta
    Runs4Pasta Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oh wow all kinds of awesome achievements within the MFP community! So nice to see :smile:

As for me:

1. Ran the Army 10-miler on the Homes for Our Troops team and personally raised over $3000 to build an adapted home for a severely wounded OIF/OEF veteran. The longest distance I ever ran prior to this was 6 miles and that was around 15 years ago.

2. Learned how to snowboard. Love it!. Gray on a tray! whoop whoop

Cheers to 2013!
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I rode a century ride, did a mud run, and climbed a 14er. Not too shabby. I'm ready for more in 2013!
  • StonesUnturned
    StonesUnturned Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    It's only half a year on here for me, but I think I made it count.

-Stopped eating my daily sugar allotment for breakfast (I still miss you Raisin Bran). I'm fairly sure this is related to my skin clearing up significantly.
    -Am 15 pounds lighter than I've been since high school (and maybe before) and am wearing a size 10 for the first time I can remember
    -Made my peace with burpees; I think I'm even starting to like them a little
    -Started strength training again
    -I've always made most of my own meals at home, but I think I'm making a much wider variety of stuff now and just feel more organized about meal planning and really enjoy cooking.
    -Had my first cycling accident, but got myself and my bike fixed up and got back out there.

Happy 2013 everyone!
  • SaraRT1983
    Options
    VERY AWESOME!!!!!!!!
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Love your list of accomplishments. Congrats on all you have achieved!
  • tnichol4
    tnichol4 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!

Here is what I did in 2012

- I lost 70 pounds
    - I dropped from a size 20 to a 12
    - I worked out 5 times per week every week
    - I tracked my calories everyday since January 27
    - I ran in a half marathon, a 5K, a mini tri, and a 10K
    - I also participated in two challenges at my gym one was a half ironman in 3 weeks and the other a full ironman in 5 weeks, both of which I finished before the deadline
    - I have made more dinners this year than any year previous
    - I have enjoyed doing more active things with my husband and kids

2012 was awesome! I hope to get to my goal weight in 2013 :)
  • oldernotwiser
    oldernotwiser Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    After 48 years of addiction I quit smoking successfully. (4/2/12)

Started a fitness/workout program. This is not the first time I did this but it is the first time I did it for more than one month. (4/9/12)
  • I ran a 5k
    I won many of my races
    I got my first medal for running a 3rd
    started weight training
    lost 3/4stone
    enjoyed exercising
    Made new friends :)
  • tiffd1000
    Options
    Ran a mile with out stoping and then bumped that up to 1.5 Miles with out stoping.

I lost weight with out using diet pills.

Both big steps for me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!