Same. Boring. Thing

Options
Im going to eat eggs in the morning, scrambled. What sides will go good with it? Not bacon, something healthy!

Replies

• osteral
    Options
    Not really a side but, salsa is good on top, fresh being the best! IMO
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Sliced avocado.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Eggs Florentine!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    There is nothing unhealthy about bacon, especially fresh bacon with no nitrates.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    spinach omlete
  • QuietRain
    Options
    broccoli.
    Had some with my egg in the morning. So good.
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I put a little cream cheese and chives.

Or, cottage cheese, spinach, or serve with sliced tomatoes. You can do each on there own serve in a pita. I have eggs pretty much every morning.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I do Morningstar Farms Vegetarian Sausage. . . whether it's healthy or not is debatable.
  • ZombieFoodSlayer
    Options
    I add chopped Zucchini, celery, piece Mozarella cheese to my cage free eggs! Avocado on the side!!! Ummmmm!!
  • a_certain_shade_of_green
    Options
    on toast. with ketchup/bbq sauce.

or...

maybe grilled tomato

fried mushrooms?

grate some cheese on top?

on top of toast and ham, and under hollandaise sauce? (eggs benedict)

cut up some sliced deli meat (eg salami or pepperoni) into smaller pieces and cook it with the eggs in the pan, then just eat it with toast
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Salsa...green chilis ...poblano chilis ....pepperjack cheese...lol see where this is going ...spicy is good:)
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Cut the top of broccoli florettes into your egg before you put it in the pan. Same with small diced onion, peppers, scramble some tofu with it. When its almost done, put in a half teaspoon of Hoisin sauce and a dash of your favorite hot sauce. Throw it in a low cal tortilla or on a 110calorie bagel thin. Good breakfast
  • KarenJ15
    KarenJ15 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I like Brown and Serve turkey sausages. 100 calories for 3 links. But I usually only have one or two. You could also try some turkey bacon. I just like to have some meat with my eggs. I make one fried egg (with Pam spray) on Pepperidge Farm 7 grain bread (45 calories per slice), a slice of American cheese (70 cals) and sometimes a turkey sausage or a thin slice of deli ham. And I'll sometimes add a scoop of cottage cheese on the side.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Put the eggs on wheat bread with smooshed avacado and sliced tomato. Yum, yum!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I cook my egg scrambled with some sweet peppers and onions, and a 1/4 cup of crumbled turkey sausage. I like it with some salsa, but on the side, not cooked with it for some reason.

I like a few microwaved potatoes on the side, with a slice of whole wheat toast. A few slices of fresh tomato is great in season.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Turkey Bacon!
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I scramble mine with peppers and onions then put it on a flatbread with a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese spread on it, then topped with Salsa. YUM!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Eggs are neutral in flavor so basically anything tastes good with them.

I like mushrooms and spinach, and top with non fat cottage cheese.

Ortega chilies mixed in.

Fresh diced tomato. Yum!
  • CharliesInCharge
    CharliesInCharge Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    turkey sausage is a good idea

i like to mix some goat cheese and red pepper flakes into scrambled eggs yummmmm
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Why is bacon being hated on? Bacon is healthy :)