5'4 girls... "perfect" weight?

Replies

• Bexyf
    Bexyf Posts: 42 Member
    I have a 38" chest, all bone (ribs are visable) and hips with a natural big butt and thighs. I looked awful at 116lbs, seriously ill. I am currently 143-5 a UK 12/14 and look better than have when skinny because of my frame I look awful dead skinny.

it's a hard question to answer because it depends on body frame xxx
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Meh. I weigh 126lbs and according to the frame calculator, I'm a small frame. The last body fat percentage test I did was almost 5lbs ago. I was 18% at the time. That's in the athlete range. It depends on your goals really. I have, however, been lifting this time around and I'm smaller per pound than I was before. I don't have much of a chest so no excess weight there.
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Check out mybodygallery.com It's very helpful.
  • juliaskater
    juliaskater Posts: 24 Member
    I am 5 ft 4in and I weigh 136 too lol. I think it depends on the person, bone structure, etc. Also, what really matters is if the person is comfortable in their own skin. Personally, I'd say 120 for small bones and 125 for med/large bones. And if the person is muscular, they should weigh more. But really, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" <3
  • sxymace
    sxymace Posts: 11 Member
    I don't think there is one 'perfect' weight. Even at 126lbs, that is too much for me based on how my frame carries what weight I have. I look more like 135+. So even though I am happy with what the scale says, I know that I will be happy with my bod being 120 or just below. That seems to be the weight where my body finally looks balanced.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    I'm 5'3. It's true about bone structure.
    As my hips are very narrow, extra weight tends to cause a little pot belly on me. When hips are wider tummy goes flatter.
    Also thigh bones on narrow hips are closer together which makes the fat at the top of the thighs touch when a few extra kilos go on.
    I have a friend who is almost the same height and weight as me but she looks a lot thinner as her shoulders and hips are a little broader.
    So it's varies from form to form.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    I'm 5'4" and 37 years old. My body is very happy and very comfortable at 150lbs. I was down around 140lbs the summer of 2011 and got a lot of questions and comments about whether I was sick, I looked too thin, etc. I have a large frame and feel like I carry 150lbs quite well.

If I were to get down to 120 or 130lbs I would look sickly. I can see that it works for some, but I know that it wouldn't work for me.

All in all, I don't think you can say what is a perfect weight for a certain height. Everyone carries weight differently, has their own bone structure and frame. I think people fall into a terrible trap of trying to be something they aren't when they start aiming for a goal that works better for someone else. Learning what YOUR body likes, what YOUR body is comfortable with and what looks best on YOU is the key to success. :)
  • im 5'3 and 112 lbs.
  • I am 5'4, 132 pounds. My comfortable weight is 130 pounds.
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    I am 5'4 and a half according to my Dr's office. I weigh 113 pounds. I started out at 171. My goal was 135 pounds. I didn't feel comfortable at 135 so I kept going. Once I got to 122 I stopped and was happy. I lost the other 10 pounds due to stress and even when I did try to gain weight it didn't come on. I am going to start strength training in January and hopefuly will gain 5 to 10 pounds in muscle. I think once you hit the number you will know. Just like me, once I hit 122, I was satisfied.
  • I'm 5'4" and have always been active. I've weighed as much as 215 pounds as a teenager, but my goal has always been 150. However, 160-165 is where I usually plateau and I'm pretty happy and healthy. So in the interest of stopping the weight rollercoaster, I want to get back down to that range and stay there. It may not be a "perfect weight" for my height, but I think it's a "happy weight" for me. I play roller derby with girls of all sizes and shapes, and anyone can be a rockstar if she uses her body right.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    It's just a number. It really doesn't matter that much. What matters is your body fat %. It doesn't matter how low you get that scale weight, if your still covered in a thick layer of blubber you will still look flabby.

Just to add. I weigh 149 ish last time I checked.
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Once I discovered that "weight" wasn't really a way to determine how I should feel.. (but it's always hard, and I have to remind myself many times!!) I felt that "weight" lifted off my shoulders. Feeling comfortable in your own skin is always difficult. I think trying to be healthy and active should be a main goal, the rest will eventually come. :)

I'm 5'5" currently around 143lbs, but this is after a "bulk" to aid in muscle gain.. I'm still the same size as when I was 128lbs.. other than a little loss in definition, but you will know the range that fits you the most and allows you to be comfortable. Remember that it can fluctuate with natural hormones and/or water retention so make sure to give yourself an adequate range.
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    I'm done with weight. I'm around (20lbs radius) where I want to be if I had to put a number on it, but my real goal is Body Fat %. I want to get to 16-17% Bodyfat. If I get that, I don't care if I weight 160lbs. lol
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    I'm done with weight. I'm around (20lbs radius) where I want to be if I had to put a number on it, but my real goal is Body Fat %. I want to get to 16-17% Bodyfat. If I get that, I don't care if I weight 160lbs. lol

Exactly!
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    I'm 5'4" and currently 116. It's okay, but not completely ideal. I'm not sure what my ideal weight is. I've been as low as 103 in my 20's and as high as 140. 140 was definitely overweight for me. I was barely squeezing into a size 12 at 140. I have big hips and thighs. At 116, I'm a size 8. I'd like to be a smaller size than that, but might stick to 116. haven't decided yet.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    I'm your height and 113, BUT I agree that your weight is perfectly right. :) Congrats on your loss. :)
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Those weights in the so called healthy range 130- 150 according to bmi, just aren't realistic.
    I'm completely happy in the 170's or 180's.
    I have lots of hour glass and muscle.
    even if I'm a 14, which sounds high compared to everyone else's posted sizes
    I looked great! more importantly I was fit and happy with myself.

I haven't weighed 140 since junior high or my freshman year hs.
    that's before my adult bone structure, and muscle
    to get to that wt again I would have to watch every calorie
    and count every carb.
    that's just not realistic

it's much more important to be fit and healthy
    than worry what the number is.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    i'm 5'5 small-medium framed but i've been weightlifting for a LONG time. according to my last "accurate" body fat test, 145 pounds of me is lean body mass which mean my goal weight should be 165 - 171 to give me 18% body fat.

i'm currently a little over 203 and wear size 14, so my goal weight should put me somewhere between a 4 and 6
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    I'm 5'4 and currently 180ish and a size 14.
    I do want to loose more, it's not happening but I am trying.
    My doctor told me the other day because of my natural frame size I am unlikely to ever get into a "normal" bmi
    for my height. He would be happy with me getting to 145-150 and to be honest 145 has always been my primary goal.
    From there I was planning on trying to drop 1-2lbs at a time to see where I felt comfortable.
    Problem I am having is my body likes staying at one point I was 217lb +/-2lb for over 10 years.
    I have now been at 180 +/- 2lb for over a year. I suspect it has something to do with the PCOS which I had undiagnosed for over 10 years, but now I need to rethink to kick my body into gear.