5'4 girls... "perfect" weight?

Options

Replies

• __stephanie0
    Options
    "Perfect Weight" = Whenever YOU are happy. There is no magic number.

A Couple Years Ago @ 5'4 125 lbs
    264496_10150289074971303_6452278_n_zpsa0c21455.jpg

Now @ 5'4 145 lbs
    menow_zpsbed45e8d.png

I was happy with my before (I was also 165lbs before I dropped to 125lbs).... but I must say I'm happy now too. Love yourself no matter what size or weight <3
  • zytah
    zytah Posts: 153
    Options
    "Perfect Weight" = Whenever YOU are happy. There is no magic number.

A Couple Years Ago @ 5'4 125 lbs
    264496_10150289074971303_6452278_n_zpsa0c21455.jpg

Now @ 5'4 145 lbs
    menow_zpsbed45e8d.png

I was happy with my before (I was also 165lbs before I dropped to 125lbs).... but I must say I'm happy now too. Love yourself no matter what size or weight <3

sweetie you are adorable! and i mean that!! :smile: if i could look as proportional as you are at 145 lbs id be happy staying there too!
  • xoxsashaxox
    xoxsashaxox Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5, and i am 124 pounds and a size 3. My goal is to be 120 and a size 2 if possible. Although i think for someone of my height i would consider a size 2-6 healthy and a weight of 115-130
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I'd say 130-140. I have a good amount of muscle so 135 would be perfect & I'm 5'4.
  • callaah
    callaah Posts: 1
    Options
    I am 5'4 and started out at 180 (with my highest being 189) about ten months ago.... my first goal was to be in the 160s... then my next one was to have a healthy BMI (which is about 145) and now I am at 139.... I thought that once I reached 145 I would be SO HAPPY with my body (I workout 6 days a week) but realized once I got there that I still have like another 10-15 lbs to lose before I looked the way I wanted to look .... It depends on the person and the muscle mass. I feel pretty muscular but would like to see around 130 before prancing around in a bikini this summer! lol
  • davideickelmann
    davideickelmann Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    So. I'm 5'4, 22 years old. I'm just looking for general feedback. A few years ago I weighed about 180. i DREAMED of being 160. Then I was 160. I DREAMED of being 150. Then, I wanted to be 140... I thought each time, with each goal, I'd feel happy and confident with myself. I am now about 136, and I feel like I still have at least ten more pounds to go. I see girls on here my height who want to be 100 pounds who look VERY thin, trying to lose weight. I feel like if you are at this height and 125 or under- you really don't NEED to lose... I'm sure you look just fine. I always think the girls that have some shape look the best. What is your opinion on an ideal weight for a girl that is 5'4? I'd say anywhere from 120-130 (unless you're athletic and/or muscular [jealous]) ... then I see the girls who are 105 and asking on message boards "WHY CANT I LOSE ANY WEIGHT!?" Girl you can't lose weight because you'd have to chop off a limb. Opinions?

There isn't one. Also, why are you jealous of athletic girls? Go to a gym, and ask a trainer to coach you on Squats, Deadlifts, barbell rows, bench press, standing overhead press, and either the power clean or the snatch. Do 5 sets of 5 reps with each of those lifts using the maximum weight that you can with proper form (the proper form is why the trainer is there). Once you can do 5 sets of 5 with a given weight, make it heavier. If you have a smart phone, bring it with you to the gym and record yourself lifting to check your form.

*Edited because my toddler hit submit before I was done.
  • Cherry_T
    Cherry_T Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 100-130(depending on bone structure) would be ideal really.
  • lulavenus
    lulavenus Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and 126. I want to be around 120 because I'm not used to being the weight I am now. I have a lovely wardrobe of size 8 clothes that I would just love to get into again! I'm a size ten but I seem to put on weight on my tummy - I swear I look like I'm expecting sometimes! Would be nice to get rid of the food baby!
  • PhD110
    PhD110 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    5'4'' very small frame
    I have been between 108-145 - I fluctuate a lot.
    I never look really heavy, but I don't even look really thin either because I have such a small bone structure.
    I would say that even at 110 I have rolls of fat. Like serious rolls of fat.
    It really depends on frame, bone density and muscle mass.

I don't have a lot of muscle on me and if I trained super hard I don't think my "ideal weight" would go any greater than 118.
    It's difficult for me to gain muscle and a lot easier for me to lose weight to get my body fat % down.
    Therefore my ideal weight sits at probably 105 lbs.

I'd be happy with anywhere between 100-115 though. That range is pretty healthy looking on me.

At about 110 lbs I am a UK size 4 (US size 0).
    I am pear shaped and a lot of my weight is carried around my stomach, hips and legs. (Therefore I am typically a UK size 4 pant and a uk size 0/2 top (That's going into the double zeros for US sizes). Even at those numbers I can still grab a generous amount of fat on my stomach and my legs.
    IT REALLY depends on a lot of factors.

5'4 women can range from a very healthy 100-160 lbs.
  • FranceyPants
    FranceyPants Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It definitely depends on your body composition!

I'm around 5'4.5 and 125 and my thighs/hips are quite large, while my waist is tiny. I have been smaller before - around 120 - when I felt happier with my frame.

I'm aiming for 110 these days, just to see how I feel at that weight.
  • Arabian45
    Options
    I'm 5'4", smallish build and weigh anywhere between 104 and 108 (weight fluctuates depending on time of day, but generally
    hangs around 106). Just curious, does this seem too low for me? I exercise regularly, i.e. 30-40 mins of cardio plus either pilates or an ab/arm workout everyday except for Sundays. Needing some feedback here :)
  • KylieNicole51898
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and weight 168. What is my ideal weight? I have a more athletic build, I have broad shoulders, thick calf muscles. Opinions?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and weight 168. What is my ideal weight? I have a more athletic build, I have broad shoulders, thick calf muscles. Opinions?

It depends. Start losing weight and adjust as you go by what you see in the mirror. There's no set answer that will be perfect for everyone. A lot depends on current body fat percentage and your personal preferences will play into a huge amount. I'm happy at 125. I know others who don't plan to get lower than 135, and still others who are happy at 115. None of those answers are wrong.
  • witts157
    witts157 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4"... Ideally, I would love to be 135 lbs which I'm in the process of working on. I used to be athletic and let myself go the last few years. For me, anything less than 135 lbs would not work for my frame. With me being athletic over the years... I know what my frame can and can't handle weight wise.

Everyone is built differently and holds weight differently weather it is muscle or fat. Keep in mind- what may work for one person may not work for another.
  • KylieNicole51898
    Options
    Thank you. I would like to weight 140. Maybe even 135 but don't think with my wide hips and broad shoulders that anything littler will look good or healthy. I've started working out and counting calories to help me keep track.
  • DiannaLouize
    DiannaLouize Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    5'3.5-4", 31years, female. Small-medium build, primarily a mesomorph with some ecto traits such as a rectangular figure. I hover at around 112-113lbs which is ok with me. 110 would be great but a little hard to maintain and some say I look too skinny.
    Good luck
    Everyone! :)
  • Amethysta79
    Amethysta79 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3"/4 & want to be about 117lbs because that's that is was when I was about 21 & happy with my size. I'm now 34 & don't like what I see in changing room mirrors. I swear they are lit to make you look horrific!
    Want to enjoy buying clothes again instead of getting depressed.
    I'm also quite top heavy (even when I was tiny) & so I want to be curvy just without the jiggle.

I also feel "swollen" a lot of the time in my clothes & when I don't feel like that anymore, I'll have reached a good point I reckon.
  • Ke11er
    Ke11er Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    As you're thinking this through it might be kind of interesting for you to go look at photos of real people on this photographic height weight table..... http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/heightweight.html
  • pinkvici
    pinkvici Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and I'm currently at 139 (lost 9lbs this year), and my previous "happy weight" (when I felt okay shopping for jeans and bikinis!!!) was 132. I think ideally I'd like to get to 126 (although not sure I've ever been there before!!!)