5'4 girls... "perfect" weight?

Replies

• 5'4' girls perfect weight is 55&60 i think...otherwise i don't know...
  • skngn
    skngn Posts: 19 Member
    I'm 5.4 and weigh 131.175 as per today morning. I think its enough to shed another 5 pounds for me to be fit. I think depending upon the body frame size weight should be decided. A medium frame and 130 pounds is perfect to go I would say !!
  • shellymisfit
    shellymisfit Posts: 1 Member
    I'm 5'5 and from fasting these past few weeks i've went from 175 to 169. my current goal weight is 130, but i probably want to slim down after that to about 120... i have a medium bone structure. (i'm not petite and probably never will be) the BMI calculators say a healthy weight for a woman my age (19-24) 5'5 tall is 111lbs to 150 pounds....id rather be 111....
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    My personal ideal weight is 110-115. I feel my best when I'm on the smaller side and i have a tiny frame that can handle it. However, what looks best (to me) on MOST women who are 5'4 is 125-130.
  • janemem
    janemem Posts: 575 Member
    I'm 5' 4", 94lb with a medium build.

My 'perfect' weight was 120lb, that's when I felt comfortable and confident in clothes, unlike now where trying to get something to fit AND look good is impossible.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Everyone's bodies are different, and your muscle mass has a lot to do with body composition. I'm looking to get to between 130-135, but I'll be perfectly happy being 140 and muscular :)
  • ShoemakerDiva
    ShoemakerDiva Posts: 2 Member
    I am 5'4" & I truly felt most healthy & beautiful when I weighed between 140 & 150. I was 88 pounds when I graduated high school & used to try to gain weight, (I felt like I looked like a boy with big hair when I was that skinny). I finally started gaining as I got a little older & had children. I loved that 10-pound range, though, because I was physically fit & LOOKED like a woman, (we were given curves for a reason...lol). Unfortunately, since I started the stages of early menopause 8 years ago, the weight has piled on & refuses to leave without a fight :) I was 214 when I started my diet & I am now down to 192. My goal weight, (though doctors say it should be 102-110), is 150.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    I'm wondering about this too. I have a medium-large frame but when I got down to my goal weight (135) I still wanted to lose a little more. I'm hovering in the 130-132 range right now. I do worry that I'm going to get too skinny without realizing it, so I am starting to strength train and focus on building muscle instead of losing weight.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    I am 5.4 1/2 and athletic so anything around 150-154 would be ideal for me.
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    It depends on your body type. I'm 5'5" and not curvy at all so I'm comfortable around 125-130 with lean muscle. The girls you see on here that want to weigh 100lbs don't know any better right now... I was like that when I was 17-22 years old. Get to where you are healthy and comfortable and happy.
    Sounds like you are doing really well in your journey! Congrats!
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    5'3.5" Pretty happy at 130, working on muscles and abs. I can usually find my abs when I do carb cycling, but I'm working to find something more sustainable.
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    I'm 5'4 128-132 and wear size 3-4, I like my size and I lift weights and do cardio. I have not been losing alot of weight lately due to my muscle gains and I can tell my body is getting leaner. I was once at 120lbs and everyone told me it looked like I was sick. So now with my new weight and muscle I look much healthier and feel better and I'm not hungry all the time. :smile:
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Once I discovered that "weight" wasn't really a way to determine how I should feel.. (but it's always hard, and I have to remind myself many times!!) I felt that "weight" lifted off my shoulders. Feeling comfortable in your own skin is always difficult. I think trying to be healthy and active should be a main goal, the rest will eventually come. :)

I'm 5'5" currently around 143lbs, but this is after a "bulk" to aid in muscle gain.. I'm still the same size as when I was 128lbs.. other than a little loss in definition, but you will know the range that fits you the most and allows you to be comfortable. Remember that it can fluctuate with natural hormones and/or water retention so make sure to give yourself an adequate range.

You definitely work hard! Your body is sick!!
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    i think a lot has to do with body composition, frame size, and though many might argue with me, age....though i tend to agree with you that 120-130 is a pretty good range for someone 5'4"...i felt my best when i hovered around 127-128 and i was running 4-5 days per week plus doing strength...right now i am days away from turning 30, i have a 9 month old baby, and i am bouncing between 131 and 133...i would love to get into my old routines and back to a slightly smaller size, but life right now just does not allow the same amount of time to workout that i used to have :) it is all about finding a weight that you are comfortable at, feel confident, and can maintain without making yourself too crazy :)
  • CLynch309
    CLynch309 Posts: 34 Member
    I'm 5'4" with a medium frame and I feel most comfortable at 122-124. I started dropping weight when I hit 153 because I was uncomfortable in size 12s and seeing rolls and creases in my back as well as looking a little pregnant. I suspect that just because of genetics, I'll always have a bit of a belly, but I'm comfortable in my size 4s at 122.

Oh, and I'm about to turn 50.
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    This is so hard for me to answer too. I was 160's at my highest weight and usually sit around 150-153. When I am at this weight I feel chubby. The lowest I have been recently is 146 and I still felt chubby.

It has been so long since I have felt good about the way I look I suppose I will just go with how I feel. If I feel good at 140, then that will be perfect. If I feel good at 125, then I will stop there. Its just so hard for me to pick a number to go for since I haven't been at that weight in so long.

PS -- I think so many of you gals look fabulous! Go 5'4! woohoo! :drinker:
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    I am 5'3 and around 130. I am maintaining now, might lose a few more after the new year but overall I am happy. I am medium frame and I already get the comments that I am too skinny... I am over that and happy where I am right now. I really think it took ppl a little while to get used to me at new weight.

I guess my point is that until a year ago, I wondered how friends of mine could weigh way less and look less toned than me or wear a bigger size. Heck, even my sister... It's all about muscle! I love my girls muscles.

The perfect weight for you is when you feel good about your body.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Another vote for
    http://www.mybodygallery.com

I'm 5'5" and 150. My body fat is about 28%, which makes my lean weight 108. I don't want to lose any muscle, so the lightest I would ever want to be to still have some curves is 130. I've gotten below that a couple times in my life, and I felt way too thin.
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Check out mybodygallery.com It's very helpful.

Wow it is really helpful! Thanks!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    I'm 5'4" and 110 pounds, which is perfect for me. I've been 120, I've been 100, 110 is the number for me. I'm athletic and fit, not skinny. I do have a very petite frame though, and my weight is stored in my hip area.