5'4 girls... "perfect" weight?

Options

Replies

• kartikluthra
    Options
    5'4' girls perfect weight is 55&60 i think...otherwise i don't know...
  • skngn
    skngn Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 5.4 and weigh 131.175 as per today morning. I think its enough to shed another 5 pounds for me to be fit. I think depending upon the body frame size weight should be decided. A medium frame and 130 pounds is perfect to go I would say !!
  • shellymisfit
    shellymisfit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and from fasting these past few weeks i've went from 175 to 169. my current goal weight is 130, but i probably want to slim down after that to about 120... i have a medium bone structure. (i'm not petite and probably never will be) the BMI calculators say a healthy weight for a woman my age (19-24) 5'5 tall is 111lbs to 150 pounds....id rather be 111....
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    My personal ideal weight is 110-115. I feel my best when I'm on the smaller side and i have a tiny frame that can handle it. However, what looks best (to me) on MOST women who are 5'4 is 125-130.
  • janemem
    janemem Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 4", 94lb with a medium build.

My 'perfect' weight was 120lb, that's when I felt comfortable and confident in clothes, unlike now where trying to get something to fit AND look good is impossible.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Everyone's bodies are different, and your muscle mass has a lot to do with body composition. I'm looking to get to between 130-135, but I'll be perfectly happy being 140 and muscular :)
  • ShoemakerDiva
    ShoemakerDiva Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" & I truly felt most healthy & beautiful when I weighed between 140 & 150. I was 88 pounds when I graduated high school & used to try to gain weight, (I felt like I looked like a boy with big hair when I was that skinny). I finally started gaining as I got a little older & had children. I loved that 10-pound range, though, because I was physically fit & LOOKED like a woman, (we were given curves for a reason...lol). Unfortunately, since I started the stages of early menopause 8 years ago, the weight has piled on & refuses to leave without a fight :) I was 214 when I started my diet & I am now down to 192. My goal weight, (though doctors say it should be 102-110), is 150.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering about this too. I have a medium-large frame but when I got down to my goal weight (135) I still wanted to lose a little more. I'm hovering in the 130-132 range right now. I do worry that I'm going to get too skinny without realizing it, so I am starting to strength train and focus on building muscle instead of losing weight.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I am 5.4 1/2 and athletic so anything around 150-154 would be ideal for me.
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    It depends on your body type. I'm 5'5" and not curvy at all so I'm comfortable around 125-130 with lean muscle. The girls you see on here that want to weigh 100lbs don't know any better right now... I was like that when I was 17-22 years old. Get to where you are healthy and comfortable and happy.
    Sounds like you are doing really well in your journey! Congrats!
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    5'3.5" Pretty happy at 130, working on muscles and abs. I can usually find my abs when I do carb cycling, but I'm working to find something more sustainable.
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 128-132 and wear size 3-4, I like my size and I lift weights and do cardio. I have not been losing alot of weight lately due to my muscle gains and I can tell my body is getting leaner. I was once at 120lbs and everyone told me it looked like I was sick. So now with my new weight and muscle I look much healthier and feel better and I'm not hungry all the time. :smile:
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Once I discovered that "weight" wasn't really a way to determine how I should feel.. (but it's always hard, and I have to remind myself many times!!) I felt that "weight" lifted off my shoulders. Feeling comfortable in your own skin is always difficult. I think trying to be healthy and active should be a main goal, the rest will eventually come. :)

I'm 5'5" currently around 143lbs, but this is after a "bulk" to aid in muscle gain.. I'm still the same size as when I was 128lbs.. other than a little loss in definition, but you will know the range that fits you the most and allows you to be comfortable. Remember that it can fluctuate with natural hormones and/or water retention so make sure to give yourself an adequate range.

You definitely work hard! Your body is sick!!
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    i think a lot has to do with body composition, frame size, and though many might argue with me, age....though i tend to agree with you that 120-130 is a pretty good range for someone 5'4"...i felt my best when i hovered around 127-128 and i was running 4-5 days per week plus doing strength...right now i am days away from turning 30, i have a 9 month old baby, and i am bouncing between 131 and 133...i would love to get into my old routines and back to a slightly smaller size, but life right now just does not allow the same amount of time to workout that i used to have :) it is all about finding a weight that you are comfortable at, feel confident, and can maintain without making yourself too crazy :)
  • CLynch309
    CLynch309 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" with a medium frame and I feel most comfortable at 122-124. I started dropping weight when I hit 153 because I was uncomfortable in size 12s and seeing rolls and creases in my back as well as looking a little pregnant. I suspect that just because of genetics, I'll always have a bit of a belly, but I'm comfortable in my size 4s at 122.

Oh, and I'm about to turn 50.
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    This is so hard for me to answer too. I was 160's at my highest weight and usually sit around 150-153. When I am at this weight I feel chubby. The lowest I have been recently is 146 and I still felt chubby.

It has been so long since I have felt good about the way I look I suppose I will just go with how I feel. If I feel good at 140, then that will be perfect. If I feel good at 125, then I will stop there. Its just so hard for me to pick a number to go for since I haven't been at that weight in so long.

PS -- I think so many of you gals look fabulous! Go 5'4! woohoo! :drinker:
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and around 130. I am maintaining now, might lose a few more after the new year but overall I am happy. I am medium frame and I already get the comments that I am too skinny... I am over that and happy where I am right now. I really think it took ppl a little while to get used to me at new weight.

I guess my point is that until a year ago, I wondered how friends of mine could weigh way less and look less toned than me or wear a bigger size. Heck, even my sister... It's all about muscle! I love my girls muscles.

The perfect weight for you is when you feel good about your body.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Another vote for
    http://www.mybodygallery.com

I'm 5'5" and 150. My body fat is about 28%, which makes my lean weight 108. I don't want to lose any muscle, so the lightest I would ever want to be to still have some curves is 130. I've gotten below that a couple times in my life, and I felt way too thin.
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Check out mybodygallery.com It's very helpful.

Wow it is really helpful! Thanks!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 110 pounds, which is perfect for me. I've been 120, I've been 100, 110 is the number for me. I'm athletic and fit, not skinny. I do have a very petite frame though, and my weight is stored in my hip area.