Options
    Turkey Bacon?

No such pig cackles like fowl
  • fantomette
    fantomette Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing almost every morning and it's under 300 calories:
    -one organic egg
    -one slice of Kraft single (very unhealthy and chemical but seriously I don't care...sometimes I take a slice of emmental instead)
    -one slice of lean ham (ask your butcher to slice it very thin
    -english muffin.

If I crave bacon I HAVE BACON! it's essential or I'll end up eating crap all day. I believe breakfast isn't where you should do sacrifice.
    I buy bacon at the butcher: it's non-nitrates, I make it slice very thin. So when I put it in the oven it becomes crips and delicious. Because it is thinly sliced it cooks quickly so I can cook only 3 slices.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Canadian bacon is supposed to be better for you instead of pork bacon.

I'm curious, what is canadian bacon and what animal does it come from?
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options

Psst hey it is made from pork as well. Shhh it's a secret.

Wait a minute... it's not made from Canadians?!?
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options

It's made of wild Canadians. A bit gamey, but not too bad of a flavor.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

then wouldn't it taste like beer too? :huh:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I like to eat my egg on a piece of toast, like an open faced sandwich.
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    salmon goes very well
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Prove to me bacon is unhealthy.......challenge.

Once again this is due to my chonic pancreatitis and bacon is not the sole "unheathy food"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001268/

So you're trying to prove that bacon is unhealthy by using a health problem that affects a minority of the population?

Obviously the OP has no problems with actually eating bacon because they've eaten it before. I think the challange was to prove how eating 2 slices of regular bacon is unhealthy for the general population
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options

then wouldn't it taste like beer too? :huh:

Canadian beer bacon… Yum
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Cheese and cream crackers - break the crackers into small pieces and scramble with the eggs - yum!
  • Blondie_05
    Options
    I like spinach in my eggs. :)
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Scramble in some chorizo! NOM. Oh wait, you didn't want bacon so I guess chorizo is out.
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    If you cook your egg in the microwave instead of a pan, not only is cleanup a breeze, but it comes out with a texture like quiche! My current favorite is to make my own bean-corn-salsa by mixing up, you guessed it, a tub of salsa with a can of black beans and some corn. Put a helping of that in a bowl with egg and cheese. Nuke it until it's solid, and voila! Southwestern Quiche!

OMG. use the deathbox to cook eggs? do you want to die??

:bigsmile:

It's not a matter of "IF", but "WHEN"... Carpe diem! :drinker:
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    If you cook your egg in the microwave instead of a pan, not only is cleanup a breeze, but it comes out with a texture like quiche! My current favorite is to make my own bean-corn-salsa by mixing up, you guessed it, a tub of salsa with a can of black beans and some corn. Put a helping of that in a bowl with egg and cheese. Nuke it until it's solid, and voila! Southwestern Quiche!

Oh, I will have to try the southwestern idea. I usually just toss in whatever veggies I have on hand and some cheese. So quick and easy in the micro!
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options

Once again this is due to my chonic pancreatitis and bacon is not the sole "unheathy food"

So you're trying to prove that bacon is unhealthy by using a health problem that affects a minority of the population?

Obviously the OP has no problems with actually eating bacon because they've eaten it before. I think the challange was to prove how eating 2 slices of regular bacon is unhealthy for the general population

I qualified my answer with "...this is due to my chronic pancreatitis and bacon is not my only unhealthy food" my point was maybe the OP has some issues ingesting bacon due to disease which can include CP, Crohns, IBS etc...Not much is unhealthy for the gen pop if taken in moderation.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

I qualified my answer with "...this is due to my chronic pancreatitis and bacon is not my only unhealthy food" my point was maybe the OP has some issues ingesting bacon due to disease which can include CP, Crohns, IBS etc...Not much is unhealthy for the gen pop if taken in moderation.

I see your point, but I think maybe the OP would have mentioned having a problem with certain foods so we would know what not to suggest.
  • mbryant22
    mbryant22 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I mix different things in my eggs...spinach, diced tomatoes, green peppers, onions, cheese, 1 slice of bacon crumbled, salsa. Basically whatever I have in my fridge at the time! It's all very filling!
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I'm eating bacon and egs this morning :)