It Works! Products

Options
I have a cousin who is a rep for them and I've seen a lot of before and after pics. It's definitely worked for her. I've been thinking about trying the wraps if I get the money to afford it. Has anyone else ever tried them or know anyone who has?

Replies

• BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    It must work, it says it does right in the name!
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Just use saran wrap and save a lot of money.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    It must work, it says it does right in the name!

Tautological weight loss aids are very tautological.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    DietExersice.jpg

The only thing that works long term
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    A healthy diet and exercise is what "works"...and that's it!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I have a cousin who is a rep for them and I've seen a lot of before and after pics. It's definitely worked for her. I've been thinking about trying the wraps if I get the money to afford it. Has anyone else ever tried them or know anyone who has?

Please do not waste your money on this.
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Idk it seems like it would only be water weight and be temporary. But who knows.
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    As soon as you stop using them, you go back to how you were before. It's a short term fix. I've used them twice and I didn't notice a thing! And the only reason I tried them was because I won them. I have seen people use them and lost an inch or so, but like I said its a short term fix. I believe you're suppose to use them once or twice a week. And what are they, 30-50$ per wrap? Plus if you use them on your stomach, you have to use two (or one and a half) if you want to get your hips properly as well... Money grab!
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am in direct sales with a food company and part of a multi-company networking group. We have two It Works! girls and while both are doing really well with sales, neither have changed physically in the 6 months I've known them... One says she uses it all the time. I think it's a great quick fix if you're going out to the clubs or on a special date night, wedding, etc, but certainly not a long term solution. I'd rather spend the money on a good pair of athletic shoes and get walking/running.
  • DarthH8
    DarthH8 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound like they do a whole lot to actual body fat. The original use of body wraps appears to be cleaning up the outer layers of skin. They have added some other "technology" to the idea which makes their product. Some gel made from natural products that does a few other things. Don't care too look into the science because it's just anti-inflammatory bs that does nothing for long-term results.

I probably wouldn't even use these if they gave me a lifetime supply. Total waste of a good 45 minutes that I could spend running, doing body weight workouts, or lifting.

Edit: Also to be honest anything that encourages people to start up their own little business and go solicit the products to their friends is usually at least partially a scam. They put together an idea that grabs people's attention quickly and works only so well. So that they can get tons of people to bug all their friends and have parties n sell them. These things don't last forever and that is the reason. The system is literally designed for failure. Get a bunch of money, burn all the members.
  • GetHotIn2014
    GetHotIn2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you guys are right. I'll stick with the exercise and eating right and get *actual* results, not wasting money.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I'd rather spend the money on a good pair of athletic shoes and get walking/running.

This 100x. My SIL is a "distributer" and is always blowing up my FB page with her sales pitches. If "it works!" so well, why do you need to keep buying them over and over? I call scam.

Save your money for clean groceries or a gym membership.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I wrote my confession about this in another thread just a few days ago. Basically there is no science to back this up, and its expensive. I went to a wrap party last summer and lost almost an inch on my waist in less than three hours.
    But, if I spent time several times a week with friends drinking nothing but water for hours, measuring and weighing before and after, I would see a change. If I had to pay $$$ to this I'd do really well because I would avoid wine and eat well prior. This (drinking lots of water only, no wrap with magic beans inside) worked the two times I tried it, drinking water helps me to lose water weight which shows on the scale and on my waist measurements.
  • GetHotIn2014
    GetHotIn2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you guys are right. I'll stick with the exercise and eating right and get *actual* results, not wasting money.

Not that I was gonna stop the diet and exercise! Hell no! Just was wondering if it would suppliment it. But really not necessary.
  • DarthH8
    DarthH8 Posts: 298 Member
    Options

Not that I was gonna stop the diet and exercise! Hell no! Just was wondering if it would suppliment it. But really not necessary.

Actually yeah I think it would supplement regular exercise. Maybe not 'It Works!' but body wraps usually cleanse the hell out of your skin. I hear cleansing helps your body run more efficiently so yeah it's possible it could improve workouts a tiny bit.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    It's water weight - save you money and get yourself a nice massage or a session with a trainer at the gym
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Erm....No, it does not work.
  • AmberMahfouz
    Options
    I used the wraps, 2 different times. It really does work for tightening the skin and making it smoother, like with stretch marks and cellulite. Also the greens they sell (the things you put in water to drink) are amazing. But its not going to just make you lose like 20 lbs.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Actually yeah I think it would supplement regular exercise. Maybe not 'It Works!' but body wraps usually cleanse the hell out of your skin. I hear cleansing helps your body run more efficiently so yeah it's possible it could improve workouts a tiny bit.

Cleanses do nothing your body does not already do. And wrapping something around your body will do even less.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Are you looking to tone? Because if so skip the pricey wraps that and do pilates. For me, that has been a great shaping exercise. I've lost around 6-7 inches off my waist and about 3 inches off my hips in the 4-5 months I've been doing it and pilates doesn't cost you anything but the time you spend doing them.