I need some ideas for ground turkey..

Options
jessica182517
jessica182517 Posts: 390 Member
I have ground turkey out for dinner and i want something different than what i usually make with it..we usually have turkey burgers or chili or i mix it with rice and veggies anyone have any other ideas or recipies for me to try?

Replies

• ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me that your utilizing the turkey mince to the best of its best potential!!!!
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    You could make a Ground Turkey version of Hamburger Helper with no yolk or Barilla pasta.....add whatever kind of low sodium paste you like and either make it into a sort of pasta salad or try making quesadilla's with it....or even taco's. Good luck and bon appetite!
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Try ground beef recipes, but substitute ground turkey for the ground beef. Voila!

fairy-cartoon-with-wand.gif
  • j_a_witz
    Options
    bump
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I love to make ground turkey enchiladas =) Mmmmmm!!
  • ksumme
    ksumme Posts: 283
    Options
    I like it in a spaghetti sauce served over spaghetti squash.
    Taco salad is always good, too.
  • jessica182517
    jessica182517 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    You could make a Ground Turkey version of Hamburger Helper with no yolk or Barilla pasta.....add whatever kind of low sodium paste you like and either make it into a sort of pasta salad or try making quesadilla's with it....or even taco's. Good luck and bon appetite!

Oh i forgot about tacos lol thats a fav for us with ground turkey...maybe ill do soemthing like that if i have everything i need at home..
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Brown the meat and add taco seasoning. Serve over brown rice with some mixed vegetables and hot sauce. Cheese if you like.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    stuffed peppers!
    betty crocker has a great recipe in which i subst. turkey for gr. beef. YUM!
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options

Yeah what she says - although I have no clue what she says!!!!!!
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    i just made tacos with it tonight. i sometimes just eat the taco meat without the shell too. i just mix it with onions and some taco seasoning.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Turkey chili... turkey meatloaf... pretty much anything with ground beef can be made with ground turkey. I made turkey stuffed peppers that were fantastic!
  • tangie82
    tangie82 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I like to brown it and add onions, bell peppers and taco seasoning. I put it over lettuce with avocado, sour cream, some times I add cheese and tortilla strips.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    This calls for beef, but it is one of my favorite recipes!!! If you like spaghetti squash, you HAVE to try it!

http://easynaturalfood.com/2012/01/19/spaghetti-squash-bake/
  • kimmysueneal
    kimmysueneal Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    1 lb ground turkey, cooked and crumbled
    1 jar of salsa
    4 cups water OR beef broth
    (3-4 beef bouillon cubes if using water)
    1 can whole kernel corn, drained
    1 can black beans, drained and rinsed

I throw all these ingredients in my crock pot and let it cook slowly all day. Then I serve it in bowls w/ a little bit of shredded cheese sprinkled on the top and some crushed up tortilla chips. Sooo yummy!
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Personally I would throw it away. LOL
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Brown. Add Ketchup.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I like to brown it and add onions, bell peppers and taco seasoning. I put it over lettuce with avocado, sour cream, some times I add cheese and tortilla strips.

This sounds great!
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    epicurious.com BEST RECIPES!