the things my bf calls me...

Options

Replies

• WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    "amazon". Really dude?

Please, make me feel like a beautiful woman by calling me "amazon".

He suffered for that one.

ETA: He's an ex now. :-)
    But that is a way of saying, "Damn, you are SUPER sexy girl!!!" Honestly, no joke.
    This is what comes to mind:
    6638137.jpg

yes, amazon really can be a compliment. it implies a strong, fit woman who is not afraid of being overly physical during.... um... you can guess the rest.
  • Lunarflorist
    Lunarflorist Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I believe that most of the time guys (and maybe girls too, I don't know) say things like that without considering your own personal image. I had a boyfriend tell me once "oh yeah, I've always liked bigger girls!" and then backpedaled quickly with "well you know, I mean, I don't like SUPER skinny girls. You know..."
    It was a little funny but mostly I was upset. I had never looked at myself as a bigger girl, ever. I'm not delusional - I know I'm not skinny and I'm built sturdy, not delicate. It still took me by surprise and I had to step back and reevaluate what I saw - and I did NOT like it. (And here I am. Lol.)
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Ps I changed my profile pic to my 'progress' (tan progress?!) so you all can see my thickness lol.
    Damn, girl. With a body like that , who gives a **** what anyone says about it? Damn...
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I believe that most of the time guys (and maybe girls too, I don't know) say things like that without considering your own personal image. I had a boyfriend tell me once "oh yeah, I've always liked bigger girls!" and then backpedaled quickly with "well you know, I mean, I don't like SUPER skinny girls. You know..."
    It was a little funny but mostly I was upset. I had never looked at myself as a bigger girl, ever. I'm not delusional - I know I'm not skinny and I'm built sturdy, not delicate. It still took me by surprise and I had to step back and reevaluate what I saw - and I did NOT like it. (And here I am. Lol.)
    Take motivation where you can get it! ;-)
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I just want to say you look fantastic in all 3 pictures.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Ya. U look great in all the pics. Never thick at all. But now u are ripped! Great work. But thick....u were never thick
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I would say, oh-u mean my *kitten*.... lol.... men do have douchelord moments sometimes ya know.......
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Ps I changed my profile pic to my 'progress' (tan progress?!) so you all can see my thickness lol.

Is that a Shakeweight in the third pic of your profile pic?
  • christyallgood
    christyallgood Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and my heaviest weight at 148lbs looked NOTHING like your first pic! At 125 I STILL don't have abs like that!! U look awesome! Maybe if I was 22 again????
  • MiCool90
    MiCool90 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    First world problems
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    First world problems

Given that 99.44+% of MFPers are first worlders, I guess that's true of nearly all posts.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options

I'll take hair dryer for $200 Alex. Yes, that seems more appropriate.

Also, the the OP, I'm not sure what your BF was thinking because I would never consider you "thick."
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    If you look like your picture and he called you "thick", then he is thick in the head.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

Also, the the OP, I'm not sure what your BF was thinking because I would never consider you "thick."

Yep, 'cause who doesn't blow dry their hair while self taking pictures for MFP?

Then again, looking like that, she can do whatever she wants. Nice tat!
  • MiCool90
    MiCool90 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    First world problems

Given that 99.44+% of MFPers are first worlders, I guess that's true of nearly all posts.

Thanks for backing me up.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

It's a fitness site...so Shakeweight seems more appropriate. Either way, she's taking multitasking to a whole new level.

Oh, and OP, I'm surprised your bf would describe you as thick. Maybe he meant you were "solid" from your work in the gym.
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Surely your boyfriend is a callous jerk for expressing admiration of what he considered attractive fat distribution.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    My hubby calls me fat, but not in a mean way. To him its just a description, and its accurate, I am fat. Doesn't bother me. As long as he loves what I have, and treats me well, its just an adjective.
  • mariaghalichi
    Options
    My bf and I have been together forever. He is really supportive in almost everything I do. He tells me I am beautiful, sexy, pretty etc.

3 months ago we both decided to join the gym, eat better and live a healthier lifestyle. At some point when I asked him about my body...he called me thick.

At 5'7 and about 145 or so at the time... I didn't feel THICK. I figured THICK meant 'big boned' or 'not slim' ...I didnt feel either...I felt I was lucky to be my size and scarf down whatever...whenever. At first, I was a little taken back so I googled what THICK meant, and most definitions were refering to women with curves.

Today I took my 3rd progress pics and now I can see what he meant. I am currently 138lbs and I have toned up quite a bit. You can see some muscles under the skin and I still have a proportionate figure. Today I am proud to be THICK. I am strong and womanly...

What names/classifications have people put on you and how did you feel about it?

This is an excellent thread topic! I am solid muscle with 16% bodyfat and I have had to build some curves on my body, i.e. my rear. I have had some people automatically refer to me as "thick" because I do have curves... The difference is my curves are muscle. I'm proud of them. It takes a lot of work. Curves are sexy, but best if they are muscle.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Um, you look great and fit in all 3 pics? It really just boggles my mind what some people consider thick..in your first picture you are nowhere near thick IMO. You have nice, neat slim curves and you're rocking the sh1t out of that bikini or bra and panties (whatever it is). If I ever in my life was lucky enough to look anywhere near like your 1st photo I'd walk around naked with maybe strategic bits of fabric for decency. :drinker: