So what do you do on New Years Eve?

Options
I find myself staying at home on New Years Eve the older I get. What do you do to ring in the new year?
Has anyone here ever been to Times Square for the dropping of the ball? I understand they have no where
to take a leak once you are in one of the corrals. Doesn't sound like fun to me.

Replies

• clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    my husband and i have a lobster and steak dinner. we watch movies and play world of tanks. then at midnight we toast with one glass of champagne and are in bed by 1230.

it may not sound like much, but we love it. i dont like parties or being around a lot of people i dont know, neither does my husband. it works for us :)

when i was younger and crazier, i would always be at a party or some big event. my birthday is on jan 1, so i would pretend everyone was celebrating my birthday lol...
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Normally, I go out clubbing/partying.
    This year, my boyfriend and I are staying in for NYE but we are going out to our favourite club (after hours) at 3 AM to party for New Years Day! The tickets were $75 so we don't want to waste money on a club for NYE when we really just want to go to our favourite club and celebrate there hah.
    We may have some friends over for NYE. My bf's best friend just had a kid, so they probably won't be out partying lol, so they may come over for NYE.
  • patty4899
    Options
    Since I work on New Year's Day I'm in bed before the big ball drop - fun :frown:
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Get wasty pants :drinker:
  • fit_spired_vicky
    Options
    Im planning to have some cool party, if not, Im gonna just get drunk.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I'll be going to bed at around 8 PM. I have to go to work at 3 AM. on New years day.
  • MzBeckie
    MzBeckie Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Working things new years eve, otherwise I stay home & spend it with my family.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I went to Times Square for NYE 2008. Arrived there at noon, got into one of the 'corrals' as you say (accurate), and indeed if you leave to go potty you can't come back. So I sad there for 12 hours, hungry, needing to pee.

Other than that, the experience was amazing.
  • KrayKira
    KrayKira Posts: 230
    Options
    I have no plans this year... Probably be alone watching tv..
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Not much.. Most of the time I'm asleep by the time the ball drops.

I lived. In NYC for 4 years and hubby always offered to take me to Times Square but I find the crowds there overwhelming on a normal day, never mind NYE. No thank you!
  • chobbler
    chobbler Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    No plans for me this year. I'll more than likely watch a few movies, eat and drink then possibly pass out. Here's hoping.
  • bikhi
    bikhi Posts: 175
    Options
    i will be outside in my carport with a glass of champagne listening to the automatic weapons fire in Flint. soundslike a war zone out there.
  • anitapeta
    Options
    Since I became disabled, I find myself staying at home more and more. This year I plan to get out more. I want to lose weight to make this easier. I don't need to be dragging my excess around with me.
    That's my New Years resolution, to lose weight properly, and to get out more.
    I've just bought my husband and myself a part of an estate in Scotland. Which makes us a lord and lady. This is his birthday present. So I'm hoping to do a tour of Scottish castles, and visit the estate in the summer.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Order a pizza
    Watch a couple movies
    Be asleep by 10pm
  • elebel82
    elebel82 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'll be working 7pm to 7am. I'm glad - it might be the most hectic night of the year at my work, but I don't have to worry about finding something anti-climatic to do! woot!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    We're your typical parents of young children that will be in bed around 11 or so. lol. We don't go out for NYE. We'll get all crazy and order take out. Watch out now, party animals with their Chinese food. :drinker:
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Getting so wasted that I don't even know a New Year has begun......this is my plan
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Getting so wasted that I don't even know a New Year has begun......this is my plan

Woot!!
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    We have gorgeous fireworks here in Prospect Park! It is supposed to snow today, so am hoping we still have some of it on the ground by Monday night. It is always so lovely to be in "the woods" (Hey - this is BROOKLYN) at night in the snow with the beautiful dance of noisy lights!
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    This is what i do every year...we don't leave the house. I'm hoping this year we don't miss the countdown. Again.