So what do you do on New Years Eve?

Options

Replies

• _KATzMeow
    _KATzMeow Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Sitting at home while my daughter has a slumber party. UGH!
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I used to party every year, but I've been sober 10 years and watching drunk people act stupid just isn't as fun anymore. The last few years I have spent at home with sparkling cider. Probably do that again this year.
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big party kind of person.

Usually I stay in with a nice dinner or spend it with some of my family.

Last year my boss was married NYE - first time I've been out for it in years.

This year a friend is having an open house (she moved a couple of months ago). I'll probably still be home before midnight :)
  • d4ley1
    d4ley1 Posts: 73
    Options
    get hammered
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    People here workout and eat good to have a healthy lifestyle but then they also drink alcohol, How bad is it for your liver doesn't that bother you?

To each their own. Some people drink alcohol still, some still smoke, some eat fast food and some drink pop (soda). Everyone makes their own choices based on their own goals.

Why does it matter?

nothing is as bad as alcohol!

What not even crack?
  • FSL010
    FSL010 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    People here workout and eat good to have a healthy lifestyle but then they also drink alcohol, How bad is it for your liver doesn't that bother you?

To each their own. Some people drink alcohol still, some still smoke, some eat fast food and some drink pop (soda). Everyone makes their own choices based on their own goals.

Why does it matter?

What not even crack?

Do you see crack in her comment? "Some people drink alcohol still, some still smoke, some eat fast food and some drink pop (soda). "
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

Why does it matter?

What not even crack?

Do you see crack in her comment? "Some people drink alcohol still, some still smoke, some eat fast food and some drink pop (soda). "

You said "nothing" is bad as alcohol so crack fits into this wide range of "nothing."
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Stay home, get drunk and pass out by 11:30. Yup. Real party animal here.
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    New Years was the first time me and the bf hung out so last year we celebrated it as if it were our 1 yr anniversary, but this yr we are celebrating on the official anniversary (Jan 5) which is a weekend so works out better anyways :)
    This New Years Eve I'll be asleep before the ball drops, need to get up @ 4am the next morning for work :/ Oh well, that's life as an adult I guess :)
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    nothing, just another average day...

dunno what new years big deal is anyway.. if that was the case, we all should party and celebrate the last day of each month, or even better, everyday at 12am!
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Two years ago I watched the fireworks over Sydney Harbour in Australia, with a million of my closest friends. Last year, we watched fireworks from our hotel balcony over St. Petersburg / Clearwater, and watched as people released Chinese laterns over the Gulf o Mexico.

This year, a quiet night at home and no fireworks - except on TV!
  • sherri33s
    sherri33s Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'll go to bed early. I have to work on New Years day
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Booze...high explosives...same ole same ole....:devil:
  • I usually don't do much -- just hang out at home with my roommate.

This year we're going out, though. Gonna see some drag queens and drink and see what other trouble we can get into. It'll be a fun night, I'm sure.
  • VickiLynnD57
    Options
    NYE around here for the past 10 yrs or so has been we party (drink) at home (safer that way, some real NUTS driving out there),
    chinese food is usually ordered the day before NYE...the boyfriend doesn't drink anymore, so I usually drink alone (IF I drink)! This yr will probably be similar, EXCEPT, A LOT less food will be ordered....I call my mum, call my dad, at midnight, the boyfriend goes home, then off to the sheets I go.....Exciting huh?!?!?! lol
  • seahag56
    seahag56 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    FUNNY! Sounds like us when we had young kids. My parents came over for NYE, and at 10 pm, Mom said, "Do you want us to go home?" I said, "Oh, yes, please!!!" We laughed and laughed! Our youngest was 3 1/2 months old. UGH. No party animals here! Chinese sounds good, actually!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

Why does it matter?

What not even crack?

No but I can see "nothing is as bad as alcohol" in yours which is complete cr@p, no idea what your problem is with people drinking alcohol. If you don't drink, fine, don't post a whole heap of rubbish about those who do.
  • seahag56
    seahag56 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We're your typical parents of young children that will be in bed around 11 or so. lol. We don't go out for NYE. We'll get all crazy and order take out. Watch out now, party animals with their Chinese food. :drinker:

FUNNY! Sounds like us when we had young kids. My parents came over for NYE, and at 10 pm, Mom said, "Do you want us to go home?" I said, "Oh, yes, please!!!" We laughed and laughed! Our youngest was 3 1/2 months old. UGH. No party animals here! Chinese sounds good, actually!
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I usually have to work ( I'm a stylist and people love to get done up ). But this year I happen to be off. My husband is on vacation so I took time off too. We are planning on an early dinner & movie. Want to be home by 9pm as to avoid all the partiers that will just be starting to come out. Might have some friends over too.
  • NikiDeaf
    NikiDeaf Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    We're parents of three young children under the age of 5 so we're lucky to get babysitting when we can. We have dinner reservations at the Melting Pot (a fondue restaurant) and we are going to have:

CHAMPAGNE SWISS CHEESE FONDUE

CALIFORNIA SALAD

LOBSTER TAIL, SEASONED CHOICE ANGUS SIRLOIN, OLD BAY SHRIMP, BUFFALO CHICKEN, MEMPHIS STYLE BBQ PORK TENDERLOIN AND WILD MUSHROOM SACCHETTI, PREPARED IN OUR COURT BOUILLON COOKING STYLE. SERVED WITH AN ARRAY OF VEGETABLES AND DIPPING SAUCES.

CHOICE OF OUR WHITE CHOCOLATE CRÈME BRULEE FONDUE OR CHOCOLATE S'MORES FONDUE OR COOKIES AND CREAM MARSHMALLOW DREAM

(dies)

Of course this is going to wreck havoc with my diet, but I've weathered the holidays while still losing weight, so I think I can bounce back from one night of gluttony?

After this and numerous glasses of wine and/or champagne, we are going to go back home and watch the ball drop on TV because the babysitters, my in-laws, leave at 10 PM for other activities. We're located in Brooklyn and I REALLY wish we could go see those fireworks in Prospect Park...oh well...Some other year.