roasted bussel sprouts, why do you taste so good?

Options
i am addicted to them. I make them about 3 times a week and I hog the whole plate and refuse to share with my husband and kids lol it is sooo sad.

but today for lunch all I WANT IS ROASTED BUSSEL SPROUTS. we are having company over and everyone who is coming over loves my spouts and have asked me to make them, so i bought 5 fresh bags of them and the sad thing is I WANT THEM ALL TO MYSELF. I told them they can eat the broccoli and ribeye but leave my spouts alone.

Replies

• hecham
    hecham Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I make these all the time. They are my new obsession! When I cook them for others, they always ask what I do to them. It's not a secret. Just a little olive oil and sea salt. Delicious!
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I love brussel sprouts too. I thought I was the only one, what with everyone else hating them. I put them in curry. Never tried roasted. I like boiled sprouts with a traditional roast though.
  • clh126
    clh126 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I love roasted brussels sprouts too! I made them on Christmas and they were the first dish to be completely gone! All they need is some olive oil and a little salt. Delicious
  • kimberliiw
    kimberliiw Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    For the longest time my family was convinced they didn't like them, so they were all mine. Recently though they have discovered how good they are so now I have to share. *pout*
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I love me some Brussel Sprouts too! This is the only way to fix them so that the leftovers are truly better :love:
    Even my two-year-old grandson eats them like candy when prepared this way.
  • kjsupermom01
    Options
    sounds great,getting some soon ty
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I shred them and stir fry with spring onions for a couple of minutes, adding soya sauce for a further minute. Lush as a side dish
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I love them too.

Please share your recipes xxx
  • deb3690
    deb3690 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm...yes! Brussel Sprouts in garlic...have you tried them with fresh chestnuts? Thats a "now" seasonal food too! Yummy!

Prep is easy:

a little olive oil (or canola)
    some fresh garlic....(heat it up together)
    add the brussel srpouts and saute covered five to ten min
    add fresh chestnuts and cook another ten or until desired softness

I like them to be alittle brown and toasty around the edges

chestnuts are easy to open...score them and put them directly into a hot pan and the husk will start to curl up...then use a paring knife to get them out...while they are warm, they are soft!
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I roast brussel sprouts all the time, too. Even my finicky husband loves them! Easy and tasty. WTG!!!
  • samlankford
    Options
    I LOVE roasted brussels... I like doing roasted beets to go with them, sometimes add in some chunks of carrot as well... try adding some onion in with it as well, gives it a little something... I usually roast some garlic on the side then add it AFTER everything has cooked...
  • blf20
    blf20 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! I just happen to have Brussels Sprouts and chestnuts in the kitchen and will make them up tonight.
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    thank you for the recipe ideas will try them :)
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I love them too!
  • fitnessgal1318
    Options
    Roasted brussel sprouts with olive oil and salt are so delicious...try with a sprinkle of balsamic vinegar/lite dressing too....very good!!
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm...yes! Brussel Sprouts in garlic...have you tried them with fresh chestnuts? Thats a "now" seasonal food too! Yummy!

Prep is easy:

a little olive oil (or canola)
    some fresh garlic....(heat it up together)
    add the brussel srpouts and saute covered five to ten min
    add fresh chestnuts and cook another ten or until desired softness

I like them to be alittle brown and toasty around the edges

chestnuts are easy to open...score them and put them directly into a hot pan and the husk will start to curl up...then use a paring knife to get them out...while they are warm, they are soft!

Sounds amazing thank you xxxx
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    For the longest time my family was convinced they didn't like them, so they were all mine. Recently though they have discovered how good they are so now I have to share. *pout*

Or just fix a larger batch :happy:
  • mandyluse
    mandyluse Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do you use fresh or frozen?
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I think they are especially divine when paired with a parsnip puree/mash!

mmmmmmmmm!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I love brussels sprouts any way they are cooked. ;-)