Should I try this hairstyle for 2013?

Options
2»

Replies

• anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I think you'd look good with the layered cut from "Moon".
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Appreciate the feedback, everybody! That type of hair may be great for Ashley Greene's character, but perhaps it may NOT be the right look for me. On top of that, I believe she's younger than me by 13 years! (She's only 25, and I'm 38!) Maybe I need to think about a style that's better for someone that's 38 years old. What do you think?

:laugh:

I thought you were in your 20's from the picture you posted. To me it's not the age issue. Actually, the reason I didn't like the second picture you posted was that it looked too staid to me. I just plain don't find the first one attractive. Besides JBoccio's hair, I think the last picture plaingirly posted would be great too.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    ote]
    Her hair is the same length, and same cut, in both movies - just styled differently. New Moon has more product on it to get the spiked out look, Eclipse has less.

Unless you want to spend every day straightening and styling your hair, I wouldn't go for such a cut tbh.

If you wanted something new and polished looking, without the effort of those two, why not go for a graduated bob? Means that for the back you don't need to do much as it's pretty short and self-kept, and at the front it just needs blowdried straight/straightened every now and then. Plus, with the texture of your hair, it would probably be easier to keep.

[/quote]

This. I have wavy hair and have a bob and it works well. I keep it somewhat wavy in the back and blow dry the front. I do like the darker color. I think that would be more flattering. That being said, I am older than dirt and never understand younger girls not having long hair. Men love it and you will have lots of time to have it short. Trust me.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    As someone with wavy hair, I agree that it would be hard to make it look like "Alice's" hair. But I don't think it would look bad curly, either.

I've had mine cut like this a couple of times, and it looked good if I wore it straight, or if I just put some styling cream in it and wore it curly/wavy.

86562779RachelMcAdams_32.jpg
    this is really cute! I bet was flattering on you, you have the face for it! :happy:
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Ashley wore wigs in all the movies.
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    As someone with wavy hair, I agree that it would be hard to make it look like "Alice's" hair. But I don't think it would look bad curly, either.

I've had mine cut like this a couple of times, and it looked good if I wore it straight, or if I just put some styling cream in it and wore it curly/wavy.

this is really cute! I bet was flattering on you, you have the face for it! :happy:
    You know what? I LOVE this hairstyle right here! I think this one is far and away the winner! Thanks! :bigsmile:
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Find a stylist you trust. One way to find one, if you don't have one yet, is to ask women who have hair-styles you like with hair texture similar to your own who does their hair. Have a consult before you get a cut. Bring in photos with styles you like and then ask what can be done similar with your curls/texture. Be sure to let them know just how much time and effort you're willing to put into styling your hair each day.

Personally, my stylist gives me cuts that gets me compliments and I don't have to do a dang thing to my stick-straight hair. Just towel dry and let it dry on its own. If I want, I can add some product for some oomph but it's not necessary. I spend about 60-seconds on my hair. That's about right for me.

Even if you don't mind spending more time, make sure that the style is a do-able amount of time or you probably won't keep it up. It's better to work with your hair texture than against it, imho.

ETA: And if you don't like it, hair grows. Have fun!
  • snarky
    snarky Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Your hair texture looks a lot like mine.

I like the style that Lorina posted. Really cute. I think it would suit you. I couldn't do it tho'. I can't do bangs. My curls and waves are too tight at my face. When I cut and layer my hair it really curls up. If I condition the heck out if and leave it alone I can get a really good natural curl going on. You can see the difference in my two profile pix. The short cut is an A-line bob - similar to the photos others have posted, but with wavy/curly hair. The angle of the photo makes it a challenge to see the difference between the front and the back, but you get the idea.

Good luck!
  • repmlrs
    repmlrs Posts: 154
    Options
    make ure own choice who cares what other people say
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

^^this... :)
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I don't have any experience with naturally wavy hair so I'm not sure what cut would work for you.

I do however think that if you want a change a dark chocolatey brown on your hair would be stunning and very flattering