GOOD CARBS/BAD CARBS: The Final Verdict

Options
12346»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    "-- poptart ice cream sammich"

Holy crap -- that concept just made my head explode! Why didn't I think of that before I started trying to be all healthy? Why? Why?

I could have gained at least 10 pounds enjoying those back in my guilt-free eating days.

Sigh. I'm definitely going to have to try to fit a few of those into my macros.

I do it all the time. They are delish. I recommend the brown sugar ones with a more neutral ice-cream like BnJ Canolli or Creme Brulee.

ETA: poptarts are a bit crumbly so I would recommend eating in a bowl with a spoon. Waffle ice-cream sammiches however are a little easier to pick up and eat.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    "-- poptart ice cream sammich"

Holy crap -- that concept just made my head explode! Why didn't I think of that before I started trying to be all healthy? Why? Why?

I could have gained at least 10 pounds enjoying those back in my guilt-free eating days.

Sigh. I'm definitely going to have to try to fit a few of those into my macros.

I do it all the time. They are delish. I recommend the brown sugar ones with a more neutral ice-cream like BnJ Canolli or Creme Brulee.

ETA: poptarts are a bit crumbly so I would recommend eating in a bowl with a spoon. Waffle ice-cream sammiches however are a little easier to pick up and eat.

The brown sugar poptarts are my favorite! I'm definitely trying this.
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I live so far from so many of these good and bad carbs! Pizookie and Ice Cream Cake now have to join my long list of what I'd like to try if I ever go to the States.

One good carb rule that complicates the matter, and again is very American:

Chocolate + peanut butter = good carb (eg Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (recently become common in the UK) or peanut BUTTER M&Ms (they don't even sell them at the giant M&M store in Central London :cry:).

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, the best carb of all!!!!! and I am in the US....
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Double Stuf Oreos: good or bad?

DOUBLE GOOD.

In fact, they're so good, that they make single stuf oreos bad carbs.

Lol soooo true!