What have YOU accomplished in 2012?

Options

Replies

• TLEIGH33777
    TLEIGH33777 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    1. Was diagnosed with Diabetes 02-07-12 and decided to take control of my life.
    2. Got my A1C from 7.5 to 5.5 in 4 months, 5.2 in 7 months
    3. Lost 53 lbs since 02-07-12, 16 on MFP
    4. I go to the gym at least 3 times a week.
    5. Stopped smoking 09-26-12 (after 18 years of at least a pack a day)
    6. Realized I was addicted to fast food and stopped eating it. (Last Whopper was 02-06-12)
    7. Gave up soda, even diet, pasta.
    8. Realized where I was headed if I didn't take control, Diabetes Education scared the **** out of me.
    9. Realized I am not perfect and will fall off of the wagon at times. But its up to me to get back on.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    1. Lost 61lbs (only 5 more to ONEDERLAND!)
    2. Gained more flexiblity
    3. Eating cleaner (will double down in 2013)
    4. Completed 2nd week of Turbo Fire, start week 3 tonight...wooohooo!
    5. Can shop for clothes in regular sizes, no more heading straight to the plus size section
    6. Stopped taking acid reflux medication
    7. Gained overall confidence
  • wendyking1979
    wendyking1979 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Everyone is SO inspirational! You should be so proud of yourselves! I just started a few months ago, but here goes:
    1. Completely dedicated myself to my health for the first time EVER.
    2. Started dance classes and plan to compete in my first competition in March
    3. Lost 35 lbs since September.
    4. Went from a size 28 to a size 24 (I can't wait to say adios to Lane Bryant!)
    5. Went from barely finishing 25 minutes walking to being able to run 90 seconds at a time.

Goals for 2013
    1. Continue dancing like no one is watching.:happy:
    2. Hit the 100s for the first time since 8th grade.
    3. Become the confident, strong person I know that I can be.
  • lafochs
    Options
    1. Joined MFP and changed my life!
    2. Lost 55 pounds
    3. Went from a size 22 to a 16

Goals for 2013
    1. Run a 5k
    2. Lose 45 more pounds
    3. Tone!
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    1. BMI dropped from 51.5% to 34%. Still obese but getting there!
    2. Dropped 10 pant sizes. First time I've been out of the 20's in 9 years.
    3. Allowed myself to let others take my picture this holiday season. Before, I would hide.
    4. Can easily sit on the floor and get up without help.
    5. Really think about the foods I am putting into my body now.
    6. Look at going out to eat as a great indulgence and am not taking it for granted now.
    7. Lost two of my chins!
    8. Got off of two medications.
    9. Had a student who was excited that his hands now touch when he hugs me!
    10. Smile more.
    11. Able to wear higher heels now AND able to wear shoes that aren't wide width.
    12. Stopped eating fast food 4-5 times a week.
    13. Have the attitude that I KNOW I am going to accomplish my goals this time.
    14. Look forward to jumping on the scale when I go to the doctor's!
    15. Lost 104 lbs. since March 11!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    A lot!
    1. dropped an additional 70 some pounds (total of 133 so far!)
    2. gone from a size 34, well 30 by the start of 2012, so an 18/20
    3. changed departments and learned a whole new job
    4. bought a pilates machine (had to get below 300 pounds first)
    5. learned how to use the Pilates machine
    6. was able to dance with my granddaughters instead of just sitting and watching
    7. able to walk several miles at a time without needing a break and walk faster too
    8. threw away the seat belt extender for my car!
    9. fit in a movie theater seat, all the way in, with even a little room to spare!
    10. bought my first pair of heels in probably 30 years and can wear them comfortably!
    11. rediscovered lingerie (when you weight over 300 pounds you tend to stay away from anything sexy, it's just gross)
    12. was taken off my blood pressure medicine

I could go on but I will stop here. This was a great question! I hadn't really thought of everything I have changed or added back into my life this year. Thanks for asking!!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    1. Lost 43 lbs..so far..and went from size 22-24 to 14. And some of those 14 are getting loose.

2. Developed the habit not just the intent to go to the gym...five days a week, usually.

3. Began adding strength training to my workouts and am delighted to be discovering muscles and definition, especially in my shoulders. Loving it!

4. Attended my third international chorus festival (GALA Choruses) and performed in front of more than 5 thousand of my peers. Thrilling!!!

5. Began learning a new approach to what I'm eating. I am eating healthier and better than ever before, simply by making better choices, being willing to try new ideas, but also never telling myself "never". Sometimes " not now" is sufficient.

6. Developed the MFP habit. It sure helps! Thank you MFP for being the tool that makes my life function better in many ways!
  • RachelFrost1
    RachelFrost1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Ran my first half marathon (at 60!!)

Congratulations! You're an inspiration to the rest of us. I'm 29 and my goal is to run a half marathon at the end of October.
  • rainwalkerSK
    Options
    1. Lost 39 pounds (31 with MFP)
    2. Lost 7" off my waist
    3. Went from "overweight" BMI to "normal"
    4. Went from not being able to run for a full 2 minutes to running a full 5k

Goals for 2013:
    1. Run a 10k
    2. Start trail running
    3. Give up aspartame
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I love all of your accomplishments and hope I can say the same in a few months.
  • kickers19
    kickers19 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thinking of this last year, I've accomplished so much, and not just for my health

1. Bought a house in March
    2. Lost 40 pounds
    3. Learned how to portion
    4. Went from size 14 jeans to a size 5/7
    5. Can run 20 minutes without stopping for a breath
    6. I can do push ups without falling over (I've never been able to do even just one)
    7. I've made new friends because I'm not self conscious
    8. Two years drug free (thats a big one)

I can't think of anything else. Way to go to everyone that has accomplished so much this year. It isn't easy!
  • RachelFrost1
    RachelFrost1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My proudest accomplishment benefits my entire family and that is (almost) completely eliminating processed foods from our diet. It's hard at first but it gets easier with careful planning it can be done.

Secondly, I lost 25 pounds and am down to my lowest adult weight ever. I ran my first 5K on Memorial Day, then ran two others throughout the year. This year I am going to increase my race distance up to a half marathon at the end of October.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    i accomplished gaining weight lol ugghh that will not be happening this upcoming year
  • littlewitch1973
    Options
    My 2012 Accomplishments:

1) Lost 78.2 pounds this year
    2) Lost 47.75 inches over my entire body (THIS is my BEST accomplishment!!)
    3) Went from a size 30 pants, 3X shirt to a 16/18 pants and a Large shirt.
    4) Learned working out is FUN
    5) Did a month of Insanity, P90X and BBL, and loved them all!
    6) Learned a lot about Gluten Free cooking when my 8 y/o was diagnosed with Celiacs disease. My entire family has lost weight since!!
    7) Ran / walked my first 5K
    8) Went on vacation and made time to run on the beach EVERY morning! It motivated me more!
    9) Found ways to get up and move more at work, rather than just sitting at my desk. Taking a walk around the building once an hour,a dn going to the gym on my 30 min lunch break
    10) Learned to like who I have become, and realize I am a valuable person who does impact people's lives.

My biggest goal for 2013 is to end my mindless eating. I need to re-train my brain to eat only when I am hungry. No snacking or eating when I'm not hungry, just to have something to do with my mouth! My mouth does not control my, My body tells me when I need fuel. :smile:
  • hockeyfan87
    hockeyfan87 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    1. Lost 50lbs
    2. Went from a size 19/20 to a 14/16
    3. Got my blood pressure to a healthy level
    4. Finished Shaun T's Insanity program
    5. Able to walk for hours without getting out of breath
    6. Got back into one of the things I loved to do the most; dancing
    7. Learned to say No (When people asked me if I wanted certain foods)
    8. Became more confident about the way I look
    9. Inspired people to get healthy
    10. Got out a lot more :)
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    so inspired by all of you!!

1) dropped 10# and kept it off.
    2) started seriously lifting (and loving it!)
    3) continued "running"--i call it wogging--walking/jogging.
    4) made fitness a priority
    5) dabbled in cooking
    6) started taking ice skating and violin lessons (not at the same time).
    7) found myself again after a bad breakup.
    8) made friends with YOU!
  • Reesecup312
    Reesecup312 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    This year has been huge for me!!!!!!!

1. Lost 99 pounds since March
    2. Started exercising again (hadn't exercised in 27 years)
    3. Blood pressure and heart rate are normal now
    4 Went from a size 24 jeans to a 14
    5. I have a new attitude!!
    6. I can do things like get dressed without losing my breath
    7. I can walk for miles where I couldn't even walk but about 2 or 3 blocks before
    8. Went down a whole shoe size
    9. Made wonderful friends here on MFP
    10. I finally took control of my life and I am happier and healthier than I have been in years!! :)
  • fugaj01
    fugaj01 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You all are FANTASTIC! Look at what you all have done. :drinker: :

My name is Jen... and this was my 2012.

1. Got sick of being miserable all the time about my weight and started dieting in Jan 2012.
    2. Joined MFP earlier but never used it, Started using MFP religiously in either Jan or Feb and have since lost 62 pounds with the help of my friend HelloitDan's In place of a roadmap (IPOARM) which I started in March after a 1200 cal/day plateau.
    3. Size pants from 22 to a 14, Shirt size from 2X to L.
    4. The above means that I can buy clothes just about anywhere now, instead of plus sized shops. Big NSV for me. :smile:
    5. All my numbers except cholesterol where good in 2011. In May 2012, Cholesterol dropped to 153.No drugs used. YAY.
    6. I am strong and have more energetic that anytime that I can recall in a number of years.
    7. I turned 40 in May.
    8. I learned to cook alot better since eating more simply and more whole foods.
    9. I was able to reduce then stop taking my daily anxiety meds, and only have the Xanax in case of extreme emergencies (which one bottle has lasted over a year). Amazing fete for me. :)
    10. My 3 and 5 year old love broccoli and salmon more that mac n cheese. :wink: 'nuff said.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I had some major accomplishments this year.
    1. Getting reacquainted with my daughter. (my greatest accomplishment)
    2. Lost 37 pounds.
    3. Dropped 2-3 pant sizes.
    4. Went down 1-2 top sizes.
    5. Graduated from college.
    6. Made exercise more of a priority.
    7. Happy for the changes I made in my life.
    8. Became better at portion control.
    9. I just feel happier. (Which I thought would be pretty hard to do, because I have always been a happy person).
    10. I enjoy wearing nicer clothes. I am starting to like color now instead of blacks and grays for clothes.

My goals for 2013 is to finish losing the weight that I need to lose. I would have been done if I wouldn't have slacked off since July. But, that is ok because I have pretty much maintained my weight since then. I know I can do it. I just need to finish by concentrating on strength training with the cardio.

My other main goal for 2013 is to finda new better job.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Great post! I loved reading through it. So inspiring.

1. Became a CPA
    2. Lost 24 lbs
    3. Went from a size 12 to a size 6-8
    4. Ran a 5K without walking any part of it
    5. Found my happy self again!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!