Notifications

Options
2»

Replies

• Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    No. . this isn't facebook. .it's BETTER!. and could be even better with a few tweaks.

There are a LOT of things that could be done to improve MFP. I love MFP, but there are things that annoy me and as far as I can tell, there has not been a single significant improvement made to this site since I've been on it for a year. .

The OP hit on one thing, for sure. . And no. .you wouldn't have to do it just like facebook, where you get an email everytime someone posts on a forum that you posted on. . but what If you could get an email when someone 'quoted' your post in theirs? Or some other mechanism for informing you when something pertinent to you was done. .

And also, the newsfeed posts. If I post to the newsfeed, it would be kinda cool if I got a message telling me when someone commented on it.

A 'like' button in the forums would be cool.

The PM system is ridiculously primitive. . You can't even order by sender. . You can't export your messages if you want to save them. They don't thread the messages (only showing you the last reply). . etc. .

Anyway. . Those are my top gripes. .
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    this already happens what on earth are you talking about
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    if we got a little reminder like facebook every time someone posted on a thread that we made a comment on it would say we had way to many responses and it would be everytime we logged on. What would be the point. There are way to many posts that are not directed toword us. I don't think it would be useful.

Ok then...have the option to choose which posts we've commented on to watch and keep track of...like the most important ones. That option Facebook doesn't even have.

Are you sure Facebook doesn't have a "follow/unfollow post" option that lets you do that?
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    this already happens what on earth are you talking about

I think OP means notifications for forum posts...and perhaps for comments on *other peoples'* walls. Like if I comment on your status update, I'd like the ability to know if others comment after me (without refreshing your page every five seconds...not that *I'm* refreshing your page every five seconds, because that would be creepy).
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I'm all for better notifications around comments here. As long as we don't create a Like button. I can't stand that. Epitome of lazy, it's all anyone ever does, is "like" crap. And I get this little red flag every dang time, all because someone "liked" something.
  • FirstLadySmalls
    FirstLadySmalls Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have been requesting the same thing!! I understand you can set it up to get a email but that only clutters your inbox. I have a iPhone & I would love to have sound notification just as if I were getting a text message or a email. I want something that just makes it evident that someone responded to your post, asked a question, or simply wished you a wonderful day. I asked about it shortly after joining. I see know there's the ability to ask friends to join from Facebook or log on through your Facebook account. No ones wants another Facebook, just a better way for notifications!!! Please we're practically begging you!!
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    ...I'm not sure if I should be turned on, or scared.

I feel the same way with most of her pics.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    weird, my phone tells me almost all these things already.
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    if we got a little reminder like facebook every time someone posted on a thread that we made a comment on it would say we had way to many responses and it would be everytime we logged on. What would be the point. There are way to many posts that are not directed toword us. I don't think it would be useful.

Ok then...have the option to choose which posts we've commented on to watch and keep track of...like the most important ones. That option Facebook doesn't even have.

Are you sure Facebook doesn't have a "follow/unfollow post" option that lets you do that?

Oh, wait....duh..I'm retarded haha

thank you for reminding me. Wow :tongue:
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options

Hmm....it's different for phones
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Your phone tells you when someone makes a forum post on a thread you'd like to follow? Or comments on someone's status *other than your own* where you've posted?

My phone doesn't. My phone tells me when someone comments on *my* status, or posts on *my* wall, but that's it.

:kicks rocks:
  • FirstLadySmalls
    FirstLadySmalls Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any suggestions with the notifications for the iPhone? It would be greatly appreciated!!