Barbie Stats

Options
2»

Replies

• LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I always hated Barbies. I would pull their heads and legs off and stuff them in a drawer. But I don't forbid my daughters from playing with them. They've never really been interested.

same. I was more of a my little ponys type of kid ;)

LOVE My Little Pony when they were cute and fat like ponies should be...now they are skinny and creep me out...

they are???? I had no idea... why do they have to ruin every toy!! Ponies are not supposed to be anorexic!!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    I don't let my son play with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It gives him the wrong impression that super hero ninjas have to be mutant turtles and I don't want him drinking ooze to try and become one. OH WAIT IT'S A TOY!
    WHAT?! You mean there's NOT a rat sensei hanging out in sewer systems to train me? My life is a lie.
  • SLRamirez2012
    Options
    I'm more worried about my daughter playing with Bratz dolls. Have you seen the size of their heads?? I'm afraid my daughter will be self conscious about her average sized head and will think it's too small.

those bratz dolls seem like a bunch of hoochie mamas... hoodrat hoodrat hoochie mamas!!

Ha! Finally someone agrees with me!

Yeah Bratz are alot worse than Barbie.. at least she has some college and careers in her... Bratz are all and only about fashion and skimpy clothes.. Their stats are probably just as bad if not worse.
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I'm more worried about my daughter playing with Bratz dolls. Have you seen the size of their heads?? I'm afraid my daughter will be self conscious about her average sized head and will think it's too small.

those bratz dolls seem like a bunch of hoochie mamas... hoodrat hoodrat hoochie mamas!!

Yeah Bratz are alot worse than Barbie.. at least she has some college and careers in her... Bratz are all and only about fashion and skimpy clothes.. Their stats are probably just as bad if not worse.

^^ While still a toy - I agree they give a far worse impression of "cool"!! Barbie is pretty tame in comparison.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Barbie's proportions changed recently. I'd like to see this old copy/paste updated.

hahaha i was just thinking that actually.
  • laurenkoszola
    laurenkoszola Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Have you seen those Monster High dolls?! They are "scarily" skinny! Get it?? Ha!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options

^^ While still a toy - I agree they give a far worse impression of "cool"!! Barbie is pretty tame in comparison.

Well, they are named Bratz....I mean, real-life brats are pretty shallow, materialistic, whiny babies.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Have you seen those Monster High dolls?! They are "scarily" skinny! Get it?? Ha!

Funny moment with my son, he was 4 maybe and we were at Target. I saw Monster High dolls for the first time. I quietly said to my husband, "they look like. crackhead ravers." Son immediately replied, "they are!"

Too funny.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    My brother had a Stretch Armstrong doll. He never once thought he should be like Stretch when he grew up. In fact, he gave me the doll when he outgrew it.

I played with it ALL the time.
    What? Have you seen what Stretch can do? COME ON! Barbie loved it. GI Joe felt pretty jealous and over-compensated. That's when he started carrying around a rocket launcher.

x whispers x
    I might need therapy. Is there an MFP group for that?
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    871320734_3eefe4c80e.jpg

Orgy!
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I don't let my son play with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It gives him the wrong impression that super hero ninjas have to be mutant turtles and I don't want him drinking ooze to try and become one. OH WAIT IT'S A TOY!
    WHAT?! You mean there's NOT a rat sensei hanging out in sewer systems to train me? My life is a lie.

Well there definitely is a rat in the sewers waiting for you, but I think he's waiting to give you the plague.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I don't know, I feel like a doll with realistic proportions that small would somehow look out of proportion. Especially when there are so many dolls that DO look anorexic at that size.

Then again, I almost never played with dolls. They scare the bejeezus out of me, with their dead, unwavering gaze. Heck, I found the Talky Tina episode of the Twilight Zone to be too close for comfort.
  • Crying_In_Color
    Crying_In_Color Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I think it's ridiculous to not allow a child to play with Barbies because she's not realistic. It's a toy.
  • mtabh
    mtabh Posts: 128 Member
    Options

I know, right? I would much rather have anorexic barbie than hoodrat painted face bratz. Yikes. But in all honesty, I never compared myself to Barbie growing up and I hope my daughter doesn't, either.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Bratz aren't allowed in my house....creepy and hoochie. Have you seen one of their videos? It's all about being cool and looking good. At least Barbie has some good jobs and nice friends.

I played with Barbie but never thought I had to look like her. My daughter plays with them and we watch a lot of Barbie movies too - they have pretty good messages honestly.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I think it's ridiculous to not allow a child to play with Barbies because she's not realistic. It's a toy.

I agree.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I think that people wo view Barbie as a "role model" and won't let their kids play with the DOLLS are funny.

I grew up playing with Barbie and never once did I look at the DOLL and think "OMG! She has the PERFECT little body! I want to look just like her! Oh swooooooooooon!" It's a flipping DOLL! I liked dressing her p, putting her in her pink corvette and racing around the house. I liked buying clothes for her, have her have parties with her "friends" and even staged and took pictures of the biggest wedding to Ken.

Never once wash ever jealous of a DOLL because well IT'S A FLIPPING DOLL!

It is ridiculous to not let a child play with them because of your views. On the same note will you refuse to let your daughter play house because it's not how women are today or will you just let her be a friggen kid, play with toys and enjoy her childhood?

Get a life people and stop freaking out over a stupid DOLL.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

Well there definitely is a rat in the sewers waiting for you, but I think he's waiting to give you the plague.

:laugh:
  • Sure, her looks are pretty unrealistic, but, I mean, c'mon -- they have a President Barbie! That's awesome! And great for young girls!

I loved playing with Barbies when I was a kid. I never cared about what her body looked like or compared my body to her body. I mean, I was like, seven, I obviously wasn't gonna have boobs like that. But I've always been creative, and I loved making up stories and having them "come to life" with my dolls. My Barbies had so many fun adventures. I would've been very upset if I wasn't allowed to play with them just because of their unrealistic bodies.