So motivted but seriously restricted . . . I NEED friends!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• insaniacAnnalise
    Options
    I used excuse #2 for years. But then I decided I had to get out and run despite what others might see or think. That's when I met other runners and not one of those skinny fit people ever said one word to put me down and they are the ones I wanted to look like in the end. So I started to listen to them and ran because it made me feel good and who cares what i looked like. In fact I found a bunch of other overwight people on my runs and meet with some other women a few days a week. Just go out and run or walk and look at the silly people sitting in their cars.

My issue is the diet part, can't seem to get that doable for long term

I know your right and Ill make an admission now . . . my daughters are both members of an athletics club (and very inspiring to me, my eldest couldnt finish a 400m lap on her first day and now runs 3K cross country comptitions for both her club and her school just 17 weeks on) the adults there are some of the nicest I have ever met but they still intimidate me like you wouldn't believe, its silly but I just cant get past it.

I know what you mean about the food, my only breakthrough there so far has been my water intake which I managed to make habit by setting a reminder on my mobile ever 90minutes to drink a small-medium glass
  • Midnight1210
    Midnight1210 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Been making the New Year's resolution to lose weight for far too long and never keeping to it, I always came up with an excuse.

Not this year. 2013 is it. I refuse to let chronic pain stand in my way and simple laziness is no longer acceptable. It's do or do not and I choose to DO in 2013. :smile:

I tried practically every gimmick and machine and pill on the market and there are no miracles. Losing weight is a strength found in body and mind and the support of others. This site can help you achieve all you strive for. Stay honest and open with yourself and others when you diary your food and exercise and keep an open mind when your MFPals offer advice. We're allo here for the same reason and we can all help each other reach out goals and beyond.

Anyone can add me. I'm here to help others stay on track if you can keep me there as well. I have 65 lbs to go to goal and in it for the long haul so I need plenty of active, MFPals to help me long the way as well.

Here's to ALL our success stories in 2013! :drinker:
  • coolgrannie
    Options
    Hi, I'm Janne and I'll do my best to support you. I could use a boost now and then too!

MFP has been a HUGE help to me keeping track of what I'm eating. I've actually found it easy to stay at or under my calorie goal every day, and it's also helping me adjust WHAT I'm eating and when. My weight loss is slow but steady; I'm halfway to my goal. Wow!! <--- surprising myself!

The exercise thing is a tough one. After all these years (and I used to do marathons, so I'm familiar with exercising regularly) I still have to have that talk with myself. My deal with my lazy brain: start the exercise. If you still want to quit 5-10 minutes then we'll talk about it. And it never fails: I always want to keep going. I mix it up too -- I have 3-4 routines I do regularly and that keeps both my head and my body from getting in a rut.

Suggestions: walking. I have a dog, which means I have to get out there every day. I walk without him too sometimes. I have a Pilates chair which is more strength training than cardio but has given me great results. I have a Rebounder, a small, personal-size trampoline which uses very little space. You could set one up in front of the TV and have 45-60 minutes in before you know it!

Whatever you do, remember this, wise words from a fitness friend: Stick to your eating plan, keep up the exercise, your body will change. Don't give up.

Happy New Year!
  • Kelley_76
    Options
    I would like to be adopted as well...please feel free to add me :flowerforyou:

Thank you & Happy New Year