Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Ladies <TOM>

When TOM effects the scale, how long do you carry the extra weight? This was the first month I actually monitored my weight during TOM. It started last Monday and on that Monday I also increased my calories, from 1350 to 1524/1500. During the 5 day period I gained about 2.5 the first day, maybe.But after that the scale didn't move up or down again. Well 2 days post TOM I lost about 3lbs suddenly (today). Same 1524/1500, well actually I thick I stayed under the last two days for the most part.

Just wondering during TOM does the scale stall or does it go up- if it goes up how long does it take to go back down after TOM. Just want to here some statistics.

Replies

• samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    I hold on to weight for 7 days before it begins. 2 days past its back down.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    I weigh in daily and track my TOM as well. Generally I have a 'plateau' or 1-4 pound gain that starts about 5 days before and lasts 10-14 days, every month.

Once that's over with, I will 'lose' a pound or two every few days until I hit my monthly average (so far) of 7-9 pounds lost. It freaked me out the first month or two, thinking I'd hit a real plateau or gained, but now I'm used to it, lol.

Bodies are weird.
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    I usually have some weight gain in the first few days and then after its over i either go back to what i was or a lb or 2 less....but mostly i just FEEL like i am 10lbs heavier
  • IamNhappy
    IamNhappy Posts: 88 Member
    I usually gain 2-4 lbs between day 1&2. Day 2 I feel like a whale.and can't fit any of my clothes. Part 2 days or so I'm back at my normal weight.
  • I hold on to weight for 7 days before it begins. 2 days past its back down.

This is me too.
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    I wait until Tom is over before I weigh. but when I didn't do it the scale stayed up.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    I don't weigh during tom and wait a week after as well..I weigh every 1-2weeks or just when I remember
  • i gain a few pounds but feel a lot heavier.....but afterwards i usually go back to normal weight or a pound or 2 below
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
    Takes about 10-14 days to get rid of mine.
  • Noonoo757
    Noonoo757 Posts: 280 Member
    Ugh dont you just hate this? I just updated my stats that I had lost 4 pounds and guess what they are now back because my cycle is starting and I am bloated all in the course of 24hours. I wonder if I should add back on the 4 pounds blehh
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    I don't usually gain when I have TOM. But when I eat a lot of salty foods I will put on about 2 pounds mid way through and then drop it all by the last day.
  • Christy175
    Christy175 Posts: 60 Member
    Around 5 days before I plateau or gain 1-2, but the water weight is gone by the second day of my period. It is frustrating, but it is also a nice surprise to see the weight go on day 2!
  • Stephy2469
    Stephy2469 Posts: 35 Member
    it's the second month I really monitor my weight during TOM and I've gained up to 6lbs from day one to day 7 then it drops back down and end up losing even more!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 2,951 Member
    i normally will gain 2-4 lbs and it can be up to 1 week prior . Usually the day i get it i am at my lowest i will be all month.