What Makes You Nervous About Losing Weight?

Options
Let's get it out in the open and say what makes you nervous about losing weight (at least for me, I find putting this in the open makes me feel better about it and getting past it doesn't seem so hard).

What makes me nervous: negative attention (not from guys, my husband, or anything like that) I mean from the other women I work with. They've noticed I'm shrinking and now suddenly everyone just wants to monitor what I eat, what I drink, etc.

Example- another shrinking gal brought some hummus for us to try as her recipe "guinea pigs" and suddenly women who aren't even in my dept are like, "Oh you can eat that?! Well at the rate you seem to be losing we didn't think you ate ANYTHING" (the only thing that made me keep my cool is the fact that these broads, who can't keep their obnoxious words to themselves, believe that by pumping diet pills, skipping meals, and taking the stairs once a day, they will lose weight and keep it off...)

What about you?

Replies

• Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    nothing.
  • joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    im nervous of what i will look like. i started out at 355 pounds and i have been huge my whole adult like i dont actually remember what i was like slim because i was convinced i was fat even though i was not! so i panic that the damage is already done and i will just look a saggy mess x
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Nothing.... I absolutely LOVE it! ;)
  • LetsGetFitMama
    Options
    For me, my nervousness is two things 1) sounds a little shallow but how my stomach is going to look after letting it go so long :-( 2) My relationship. The reason I say that is because I am trying so hard to get on the right track and he is just cool with being super heavy right now so I am just a little nervous that the relationship may change as I change. Its tough :frown:
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Let's get it out in the open and say what makes you nervous about losing weight (at least for me, I find putting this in the open makes me feel better about it and getting past it doesn't seem so hard).

What makes me nervous: negative attention (not from guys, my husband, or anything like that) I mean from the other women I work with. They've noticed I'm shrinking and now suddenly everyone just wants to monitor what I eat, what I drink, etc.

Example- another shrinking gal brought some hummus for us to try as her recipe "guinea pigs" and suddenly women who aren't even in my dept are like, "Oh you can eat that?! Well at the rate you seem to be losing we didn't think you ate ANYTHING" (the only thing that made me keep my cool is the fact that these broads, who can't keep their obnoxious words to themselves, believe that by pumping diet pills, skipping meals, and taking the stairs once a day, they will lose weight and keep it off...)

What about you?

OMG! The women I work with are just as bad! In fact, I've lost work friends over this, even with me sticking to my original plan of NEVER discussing what I was doing or my weight loss unless someone asked me. I'm hoping that one day when I change jobs, since no one will have seen me 'before', that it won't be such a big deal.

The other thing that makes me a little nervous is visibility. Being fat makes me invisible. I'm kind of shy so in a lot of ways I guess I liked this. On the other hand, when you don't wish to be invisible, it's incredibly frustrating. When I wore a size 4 a decade ago, I was NOT invisible and I wasn't always sure that I liked that although I could get attention when I wanted/needed it. Not sure if that makes sense.

But even with the few negatives/fears, overall I expect my life to drastically improve with less weight to haul around.
  • LuckyCheryl
    LuckyCheryl Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am nervous about how I will look - being older I am worried that my skin will not adjust to the weight loss and I will be just saggy all over . :frown:
  • Fit_Happens_2021
    Fit_Happens_2021 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    My reply to women who say things like that to you would be to turn on a huge smile and say "Oh thank you for noticing, that is so kind of you" people are left stumped for what to say when you react to a catty remark that way, and they know you that know they are trying to be mean.

I am worried a little that loosing weight will come off my face too much, I like my face more with the weight but could stand to loose a bit, and I never had boobs till I gained weight, so that might kinda suck a bit (push up bras ftw lol)
  • leighdiane91
    leighdiane91 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I don't know what I will really look like. I have been 160 when I was in high school, but since I have been 200 for more than a year i don't know if 160 will still look the same... Let alone what 135 will look like.
  • joconnor09
    Options
    I'm nervous about how I will look, because I've been overweight my whole life so I don't have any idea what skinny me even remotely looks like. I'm also nervous about people treating me differently. I'm not saying I'll suddenly turn into Beyonce and everyone will love me, but I'm used to getting zero attention from people- most girls ignore me, most guys don't seem to notice I even exist. I guess just fear of the unknown in general. I'm heading into uncharted territory here, and I don't know how it will affect my life, if things will get better or worse.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    I'm nervous that I will have saggy skin when I'm done. I'm hoping it's not too bad.
  • Poetry_In_Pics
    Options
    I'm nervous/afraid of gaining it back!! :sad:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Attention does get me I've lost a significant amount before and the attention was scary. It also made me angry that now people were much more friendlier and open to me. I was still the same person, but now some how I was worthy. I wasnt expecting it so it caused me to regain the weight. I hope I now know what to expect and can better put it into prespective. The oceans run shallow with human beings.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I'm nervous/afraid of gaining it back!! :sad:

Oh, this too. With a statistic of like 95% of all people gaining it back...yeah that horrifying.
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    feel great about losing the weight but nervous about gaining it back and being a failure again. Staying focused so that doesn't happen
  • paine016
    paine016 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Loose skin.
  • Artemis00diana
    Options
    That the weight was not an issue at all and I am the soul reson why I dont look good/ have a boyfriend/lazy and so on...

And that my family is gonna act like you just described your people from work
  • FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Being unattractive again rather than fat and unattractive

at least i have been able to pretend my complete lack of beauty is to do with my weight rather than how I truly am... But i need to be healthy so i can't use it as a crutch anymore.
  • chinks0113
    Options
    im nervous of what i will look like. I started out at 355 pounds and i have been huge my whole adult like i dont actually remember what i was like slim because i was convinced i was fat even though i was not! so i panic that the damage is already done and i will just look a saggy mess x

That's exactly how I use to feel when I was skinny I still saw fat. Now i have close to 100lbs to lose and im scared im gonna be a saggy skinned weirdo. I also get discouraged when ppl make it their business to monitor my food. Its sooo annoying & I feel like they want me to fail.
  • newday1980
    Options
    I am worried about gaining it back and having to start over.

I lost 45 lbs last year and gained all but 5 back this year. I am starting anew and I am just really fearful of the judgement that comes when those around you are checking to see if you'll be successful this time.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    Options

Well, you've showed them. You called them out on the interwebz. Ironic.