Team UK - April 2010

Options

Replies

• crispy1990
    Options
    Hi everyone :flowerforyou:
    Hope you are all ok.
    The sun was so nice today I decided to go out at lunch time & walk round the airfield and take in some Vit D. :happy: Almost feels like summer is on its way.

Not looking forward to a weigh in tomorrow after last weekends copious amounts of French wine & cheese. But hey ho

Tanya - I have also responded to your bloat post

Erika & Paul - It would be great to get in the garden this weekend, my veggie patch needs sorting badly. Some heavy digging required and teenage kids who seem reluctant to help. can't understand why :laugh:

Mimi - hope you are ok, you've been very quiet this week ?

Have a good weekend all

Karen
    x
  • Carrie181
    Carrie181 Posts: 18
    Options
    Paul

We must have sat in the same traffic jam! I decided to "nip" to Bluewater quickly, but sat in the traffic for 2 hours!! Great fun....
    Back later to post properly

Carrie
  • psmith64
    psmith64 Posts: 102 Member
    Options

Erika & Paul - It would be great to get in the garden this weekend, my veggie patch needs sorting badly. Some heavy digging required and teenage kids who seem reluctant to help. can't understand why :laugh:

Karen
    x

LOL - yes, know what you mean - I think the Wi Fit is more appealing to them, but I keep telling them that gardening is healthier - but they won't listen !!

Paul :smile:
  • paulo79
    paulo79 Posts: 25
    Options
    Paul

We must have sat in the same traffic jam! I decided to "nip" to Bluewater quickly, but sat in the traffic for 2 hours!! Great fun....
    Back later to post properly

Carrie

It was a nightmare, did you see the lorry that had overturned, looked quite funny but god knows what he did to get there coz it was only one of the small ocado delivery vans. It took me from half 3 til 5.50 to get from gatwick to rainham, should have taken me about 40 mins including the brdige.

Hey ho lets hope i dont get stuck in traffic going up to norwich tonight
  • kateg789
    kateg789 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi

Thank you for all your words of support - its good to know I'm not the only one with weaknesses whilst trying to loose at the same time! I got eggs (choccie) and I'm allowing myself a bit everyday but with (as Paul put it very wel!l - I'll remember that one) control.

Plant pot Meatballs & Spagetti sounds yummy - I have just found a really good low fat recipe for Lasagne, which I cooked with the kids this afternoon - might help cure your meatball craving.

Sparklepants - thanks for your tip about running blog will have a look at that later.

Now going to to find a decent piccie to put on

Kate
  • crispy1990
    Options
    ' I have just found a really good low fat recipe for Lasagne, which I cooked with the kids this afternoon - might help cure your meatball craving.'

Ooh share it, I love lasagne :bigsmile:
    Karen
    x
  • kateg789
    Options
    Hi Karen

Its a pleasure - it takes a while and I used 2 cans tomatoes and used the long thin blade on a cheese grater to make the courgettes into thin strips - watch you fingers mind! Heres the link

http://www.channel4.com/food/recipes/healthy/cook-yourself-thin/light-but-luxurious-lasagne-recipe_p_1.html

The kids are excited about eating it. Let me know how you get on and we can swap notes.

Good Luck

Kate
  • tanyewest
    tanyewest Posts: 113
    Options
    Karen & Erika :heart: - Thanks again for the advice and posting!!

Have a good weekend everyone - I am off home now to enjoy this warm summers (I wished) evening.

Love Tanya xx:happy:
  • Plantpot
    Plantpot Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen

Its a pleasure - it takes a while and I used 2 cans tomatoes and used the long thin blade on a cheese grater to make the courgettes into thin strips - watch you fingers mind! Heres the link

http://www.channel4.com/food/recipes/healthy/cook-yourself-thin/light-but-luxurious-lasagne-recipe_p_1.html

The kids are excited about eating it. Let me know how you get on and we can swap notes.

Good Luck

Kate

Oooooooh Kate that does sound good, might give that a try over the weekend and let you know how I get on!!! Think pasta and cheese are my biggest downfalls!!

Have great evenings all.... two days off.... Bliss :love:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Hi Ukers!!

Sorry for my delay in joining 'April' !!

Have been working my socks off and barely been home of late :o)

Hope your all doing really well and have had a great Easter

Mel xx
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Evening all :bigsmile:

Hope you're all well :happy: and hope it's been a gorgeous day for you, wherever you are in the country. It's been positively tropical in Leicester!!

Katherine - Tae Kwon Do is a lot of fun!! It's a fab workout, and it's not boringly repetitive like Aerobics etc as you learn something new each class. Add to that you're working towards your belts (which you don't have to, but it helps to have a goal to aim for). I'm taking my yellow belt grading a week today :noway: :noway: :noway:

Kateg - Hiya :happy:

Plantpot - lol :laugh:

Mel - Welcome along :happy:

That's me done for now, going to help Mum with dinner and try and stop her using more oil than necessary and try and restrain myself from taste-testing the new recipie she's trying :ohwell:

Take care, enjoy the rest of the w/end and b'bye for now
    Kxxx
  • Carrie181
    Carrie181 Posts: 18
    Options
    Had good day today, spent many hours walking around London with my niece..............but at least I earnt enough calories for a curry!! Tomorrow am planning on a day of gardening if this weather holds up.
    Kendra I also do TKD....nice to have a fellow follower!
    Hope everyone else is having a good week end

Carrie
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, hope you're all ok and managed to enjoy the sunshine yesterday. I managed to get some gardening done. Did quite well on food until tea time....GBK (and not till 10.30 pm so I was HUNGRY)...grr. It's so hard to eat well when out gigging. Need to try and do better on the weekends as they are my big downfall :blushing:

Off to the gym in a mo to try and do better today!! Hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend xxx
  • kateg789
    Options
    Hi

Thanks for all your continued support, I no longer feel like a 'newie'.

Plantpot - Thanks for being my first blogging friend.

Karen - Hope you managed to make that Lasagna

Kendrafallon - Hi to you too.

Well I feel like I am on the road to my goals, although the swimming I have been doing has given me a cold and my ankle is really sore after running - I think I'm in agreement with Jeremy Clarkson that exercise is dangerous - but then again I don't fance having a gut or chin like him!

Have a good week and I hope the sun continues to shine wherever you are.

Kate
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone! :heart:

I've missed reading all your posts on here! I managed to log on while I was away but didn't really get to log everything properly or post anything...hope you all had a fab weekend and the sun was shining! :flowerforyou:

:frown: So as usual at my mum's I found it incredibly difficult not to eat everything in site, I won't lie I did eat whole box of ferrero rocher which my sister gave me for Easter :sick: and various other things I won't even go in to :cry:!

I'm ready to get back on it today that because I feel very sluggish and BLEURGH this morning! I managed to take my dog out for a few walks but nothing too high impact unfortunately and I'm supposed to be training for a marthon...hmm :ohwell:

I'm taking my jogging stuff next time!

I've had my porridge this morning and am going to be very good from now on, almost mid April already...2.5 months until my hol. Gotta get on with it now or I'll have a last year situation where I went on holiday looking like a pork pie!

OMG I've never won anything EVER and I entered a competition to dance with Beto Perez the guy who invented ZUMBA and I WON! It's at my gym in Leeds tomorrow there'll be 20 journalists there and considering I am pretty rubbish at it I think they might be a bit bummed they chose me hahahahaha I am sooo exicted! :drinker:

:heart: Mimi

Ps :heart: :heart: :heart: Good luck this week everyone :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • psmith64
    psmith64 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone - hope you all had nice weekends, wasn't it nice to see some blue skies and sunshine.

I am especially pleased this morning, as with my first week of keeping a food and exercise diary for the first time in around 18 months my weigh in this morning confirmed a 3.8 lb weight loss over the week.

I didn't need much convincing that it would work for me having lost a lot in the past by logging for a a full 18 months.

The thing that amazes me is that although calories are down to lose weight, used wisely you can eat quite a lot during the course of a day, especially with some exercise added in for good measure.

Hope you all have a good week ahead.

Regards

Paul :happy:
  • RachMartin
    RachMartin Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

I only joined yesterday and I think I can easily get addicted to this site - it's fab!

I have been reading everyones tips and getting advice on training and cutting out alcohol
    ANd I've been making friends on here which is great :-)

Please feel free to add me if you want a friend from Tyne & Wear

Good luck this week all :-)

Rach X X :wink:
  • cathcakey
    cathcakey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I've been completely rubbish & slacked off from this thread the last few days - actually i've been slack with everything. Haven't been to the gym in 4 days & there are STILL numerous easter eggs in my flat!

This weekend I was trading at a stall in an indoor market in Croydon so Friday was a hideously long day - 16 hours straight cooking - on my feet the whole time, so I suppose I burnt some calories but definitely no time for the gym there. Then Saturday & Sunday I was at the market all day - sitting on my bum! Got back last night and was completely knackered - couldn't face doing anything except sitting down and drinking tea (and some leftover easter chocolate, dammit!)

Back on track today - gym gym gym and logging logging logging!

Fingers crossed for more sunny weather because I didn't get to see any of it!

xxx
  • sdscouser
    sdscouser Posts: 320
    Options
    Hi everyone

I only joined yesterday and I think I can easily get addicted to this site - it's fab!

I have been reading everyones tips and getting advice on training and cutting out alcohol
    ANd I've been making friends on here which is great :-)

Please feel free to add me if you want a friend from Tyne & Wear

Good luck this week all :-)

Rach X X :wink:

Hi there and welcome x
  • tanyewest
    tanyewest Posts: 113
    Options
    :smile: Morning Everyone! :smile:

How did everyone do over the weekend? Hope everyone is all ok on this lovely sunny Monday morning! :drinker:

I had an overall good food weekend - ate little but quite often and only had 1 glass of white wine! Got chicken salad for lunch today, and having a mixture of salad for the rest of the week. Got a wedding on Saturday and want to look good in my new dress :happy:

Going to the gym tonight, tomorrow and wednesday! :love: READY TO GET INTO SHAPE!!!

Tell me all about your weekend... :wink:

:heart: Love Tanya xxxxx