Looking for C25K Buddies

Options

Replies

• katescurios
    katescurios Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Week 1, day 2 completed. Managed to do more of the running this time, only missed 1 run section which was better. Think I might repeat week 1 next week so I can have a stronger basis before moving up the programme. Will see how the 3rd day goes on Thursday.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    ME!!!! I just bought a treadmill to do this because it's freezing cold here in the Chicagoland area.
    http://www.c25k.com/c25k_treadmill.html
    Please anyone who is doing this feel free to add me. I'd love to have/give the support!
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Week 1, day 2 completed. Managed to do more of the running this time, only missed 1 run section which was better. Think I might repeat week 1 next week so I can have a stronger basis before moving up the programme. Will see how the 3rd day goes on Thursday.

Well done! I'm going to do my Day 3 on Thurs as well and looking forward to it :)
  • shellbellnz
    shellbellnz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Has anyone paid for the app? I just bought the upgraded version of Rundouble. Otherwise there is only a free 2 week trial. It looks like it won't let me progress so I have to start from day one again. Does that sound right? I have already done 3 or 4 runs but I am only on my first week so its no big deal.
  • ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. I'm signed up for a 5K on March 2.
  • micheles234
    micheles234 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I completed c25k last June and ran 3 5k's last year. I thought they were so much fun! Took a few months off from running, as it got cold, but got a treadmill for christmas. I restarted in the middle of c25k. I will do week 5 day 1 on Thursday. This year I want to do some 5k obstacle runs. I'm signed up for 5k foam fest, and I'm probably going to sign up for SHAPE Diva Dash (women's run/obstacle). Anyone can add me!
  • JustAGirlyGeek
    JustAGirlyGeek Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed the NHS C25K plan. http://www.nhs.uk/LiveWell/c25k/Pages/couch-to-5k.aspx

You can download the podcasts from the site above or from iTunes. Have fun!!!
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I just decided today that I wanted to set myself a challenge and get back into running sooner rather than later so decided to give the couch to 5k a go. I have literally just started today and did the first workout this morning. Thought it might be more fun with a bit of motivation from others who are planning to start or just starting out so we can cheer each other along.

I have about 23 lbs to lose and at the moment my fitness is absolutely terrible at the moment but I could run for 30 mins not too long ago so I don't see why I can't do it again. I'm based in the UK so if anyone is just starting the C25K and wants some company too then add me :)

Hello UK! I am restarting in a couple of days. I am listening to Chubby Jones podcasts off and on and depending on my mood I either do treadmill at the gym or outdoor walk/run C25K programs. I really enjoy this challenge and happy to send you a friend request too :glasses:
  • taschulz
    taschulz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I am on week 5 of C25K, but it has taken me longer than 5 weeks to get here. It will be good to have others to help me stay motivated, and keep me on the right track. I am sort of beginning again with the new year, I haven't been good at logging everything. So this is just the support I need, thanks and let's get running!!! :smile:
  • spunkfish
    spunkfish Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Feel free to ad me! :) I just finished W1 ..this will be my second time through C25K. After the first one I ran a Zombie 5k. :)
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I am restarting C25K soon. I completed it a year and a half ago and a knee injury stopped my running for awhile. I will probably start with week 2. Best wishes.
  • msfaithful
    msfaithful Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/47-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k-

Great group of C25K participants and supporters!! :flowerforyou:
  • lexieflick
    lexieflick Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey I used to absolutely hate running. I did the "get running" app the summer before last with my best friend and we both loved it. I am doing it again this year but I also need some running buddies to keep me motivated and accountable. Add me as a friend! I am a slow and sweaty runner but hey even walking is still lapping everyone on the couch right!?
  • slyfoxB
    slyfoxB Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi there ~ I will be starting the c25k program tomorrow....I would love to cheer you on...you can add me if you'd like.

B
  • lexieflick
    lexieflick Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    if you are a nerd like me and like listening to podcasts while running, I love to listen to "Two Gomers Run a Half Marathon" they are hilarious and good motivation, especially season 1 in the beginning when they run their first few miles.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    ill (hopefully) start c25k tonight. The first few weeks should be pretty easy i rekon.

will see how i go.
  • AmyK2003
    AmyK2003 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be starting the C25K ap in the next few weeks. My first 5K is going to be at the end of April. Looking forward to it.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Has anyone paid for the app? I just bought the upgraded version of Rundouble. Otherwise there is only a free 2 week trial. It looks like it won't let me progress so I have to start from day one again. Does that sound right? I have already done 3 or 4 runs but I am only on my first week so its no big deal.

you should be able to start at any point you want

i just bought rundouble pro aswell. the only free one that had the whole program didnt have inbuilt gps, and there is no point in a c25k app if you cant track the distance you are running.

ill be starting at week 1 day 2 cos i want to start week 2 on sunday.
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for all the replies and comments guys :) I'll check out that support group too I'm sure x

Oh, I've sent out friends requests as well.
  • paulasuscas01
    paulasuscas01 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    It seems that I keep downloading and deleting the app, but this time I'm sticking to it. I did Week 1 Day 1 on New Year's Eve but I felt that it could have gone better. So later today (1.2.13) I plan on repeating day 1 instead of progressing to day 2. During the run sessions I seem to stop just a few seconds before the time is up. Good luck to you!