Any Chunky Runners Out There?

Options
Add me if you've got the running bug, would love to share tips and get new ideas for 2013!

Replies

• ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Chunky runner here at your service. Well, it's a stretch to call me a runner since I am only really a couple of weeks into C25K, but i really enjoy it. I'd love to be able to eventually do a marathon. Hell, a marathon in each state of the US would be an incredible achievement. Has Dean Karnazes even done that?

Anyway, for a runner I think I'm super chunky (233lobs with 60lbs still to lose) and I definitely look like the saddest person on the treadmill in the morning, but what the hell. I couldn't really walk a mile this time last year so who knows what this year has in store?
  • haley98110
    haley98110 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    If I could run I would definitely qualify for a chunky runner. But I have no lungs. I tried the C25k for like 2 days and wanted to die. Wow that's sad. I wish I could catch the running bug that seems to be going around to all my friends and family.
  • Sharkington
    Options
    I don't consider myself chunky, but I absolutely love running, so I would like to add ya!
  • Kari089
    Kari089 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    chunky runner here.. ;) got the bug last year and I love it! feel free to add me
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm a getting-less-chunky-with-every-run runner :) feel free to add me x
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Feeling chunky at the moment, and got the running bug in 2011, but spent much of 2012 recovering from stress fractures (oops) so getting back to it this year slowly and carefully!

I'm 40lb over my /bmi/ ideal weight. Can knock out a 5k or more, but keep my runs between 3.5 to 5k, and now plan on 2 or 3 runs per week. Rain or shine.

Feel free to add me, and anyone else on this thread :)

Also, I track my runs on Endomondo - http://www.endomondo.com/profile/1658189
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Chunky runner here!
  • hula808
    hula808 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Thats me! Ill give you an add : )
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    chunky runner here! i'm usually the chunkiest one out there, plodding along at the back of the race! but i don't care. i've been running for 2 years- started with c25k (well, i had to work up to being able to start c25k!), and have been going ever since! i've run a bunch of halves and 2 fulls now :-) and i'm still effing chunky- it's a cruel twist of fate!
  • RissaRoo007
    Options
    Yep! Serious love/hate relationship with running. Working my way up to (hopefully) my first half marathon this July :)
  • Jackie80taylor
    Jackie80taylor Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    i'm a chunky runner/jogger lol i started running last may and completed the birmingham half marathon in october :-)

i havent really ran since then tho but defiantly looking to get back into it now that christmas is over...
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I'm Laura. I am new to running but I absolutely luv it! I started c25k in August at over 300 lbs and finished in December. Ran my first 5k in December too and I'm signed up for my next one in a couple weeks. (current weight 272) I want to run a 10k before 2013 is over.
  • BluNinjaneer
    BluNinjaneer Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I, too, am a C25K convert, although I am on the back side of "chunky" (in the words of Gabriel Iglesias, I am "damn!"), and the slow side of "running" (my best 5K time is 39:42... thank you downhill course!).

I'm hoping that by surrounding myself virtually with people who aren't Usain Bolt (like the folks in my local Y seem to emulate), I will stay focused and achieve my goal of either running a faster 5K or increasing my endurance and tackling a 10K or 1/2 marathon.

Cheers!
  • BrionyLou
    BrionyLou Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I definitely fit into that category - I completed my first half marathon last year in 2:27:43 and this year I want to run at a much improved pace.

Feel free to add me :)
  • amehrkens
    amehrkens Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Add me to the chunky runner list. My sister is a runner and she convinced me to the a 5k with her last winter and I was hooked. I think I did 6 or 7 5ks last summer. I am not fast by any means, but I love the sense of accomplishment when the race if over!
  • amyoc3
    amyoc3 Posts: 18
    Options
    i've got the running bug. i love the 1/2 marathon distance. i was once a chunky runner, but have leaned down a lot since i've been running. so you an add me if you like. i love to talk about running!
  • anneliesepiguet1
    Options
    Chunky runner here . Isigned myself up for a half in april so all the running motivation and friends would be awesome:smile:
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    *waving*. Me too! I ran my first races last year and this year I want to improve my time and run a 10k.
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hey that's me! Training for my first half marathon and still pretty damn chunky.
  • leenie96
    Options
    I love this lol I just started running this week again, hoping to keep it up!