2013 Challenge - NO BINGEING ! - whos with me ?

Options

Replies

• Saiava
    Saiava Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    1. About 2 binges after Christmas
    2. I think emotional trigger and the fact there was still yummy leftover Christmas food.
    3. No naughty foods enjoyed in moderation last week :(
    4. Nothing helped me :(
    5. Gained so much weight! Darn Christmas and your temptations!
  • gems93
    gems93 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    today was my first day that i havnt binged in over a week.

i overate this morning - which could have ended up in a binge, but i managed to stop.

i skipped lunch - yes naughty i know. but had a good healthy dinner and when for a long brisk walk after.

managed to stay under my calories JUST today. which is a first in weeks.

so the new year didnt go off with a bang - but i have taken a step forward i guess.
  • XeanEm
    XeanEm Posts: 2
    Options
    Now i started this year out (unfortunately like the past 8 years) thinking alright im going to get in shape, so far i have managed to keep myself off the junk food and stuff that makes you bloat and filling in MFP everyday has helped me so far... My biggest issue is developing a good home workout, i start one then feel its too advanced and then stop. Hopefully this year i will be able to stick to my workouts and diet plans and get RIPPED. Gems93 and everyone else, may you have the strength to do what you gotta do..
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    2 binges in 2 days - day 1 trigger was feeling so bored at home with my kids, then feeling even guiltier for feeling bored. 2nd day couldn't give myself a break for day before. Have tracked it all as best you can a binge.. blew my calories way way out both days. Argh! Time to take my own advice and get this thing back under control! Best wishes for today everyone!
  • nc805397
    nc805397 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    posting here may help me stop binging.

Thanks for starting this thread!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE chocolate and bagels and muffins
    When I go to school there is a place called Tim Hortons that is a coffee shop. BEST BAGELS AND MUFFINS EVER!
    LEGIT..every SINGLE day at school I get a craving because it is right next to my classroom and I want want want WANT a bagel so bad!!!
    I am making a pledge to myself RIGHT NOW that when school starts up next week...I WILL NOT buy a bagel or muffin!!!! (This happens even when I pack a lunch...)
    I am also a big sucker for the vending machine..RIGHT next to Tim Hortons! :(

I feel better now that I got that out. hopefully typing this will remind me that I cannot give in to those fatty bagels and muffins (and chocolate bars!).
  • gems93
    Options
    nc805397.

good on you gorgeous. but remember this challenge is not about cutting out bad foods all together. its about having in moderation.
    why dont you plan to go to tim hortons once a week ? :) and literally put all the money you would have spent the other 4 days into a jar. then at the end of the month go out and buy yourself something you really want - a dress, new shoes or go out to an amazing restaurant.

this is a lifelong change :) so its not realistic to cut your favourite foods out all together - because how long will that last ?
    then we only binge ...

look forward to your check in next monday

x
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

this is a lifelong change :) so its not realistic to cut your favourite foods out all together - because how long will that last ?
    then we only binge ...

Absolutely! I advocate cutting down not out.
  • nchrty
    nchrty Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    well guys i'll be the first to admit i have failed big time.
    i'm sorry.

its pathetic - only yesterday i swore to myself that i was finished with this ! i am honestly so ashamed
    and to think i am the one who created this group.

i gave in and ate a lot of potato chips and a heck of a load of chocolate.
    i knew today would be a struggle because i starved myself all yesterday but i was adamant to get through today !

really dont know what to do now.

You frame it and forget it and get right back on track!! That's all you can do. Have you ever tried eating 5 or 6 small meals a day spread out at about 3 hr intervals? That's what worked for me to end the cycle or binge and purge
  • gems93
    Options
    Monday Check In

1. Number of binges (hopefully none)
    2. Triggers which set us off
    3. Naughty foods we have enjoyed in moderation
    4. Things that helped us through the week
    5. A general statement of how your going with your weight. No specific values though please.

I have had shocking week. I am at an all time low mentally - so depressed and lost almost all hope. As of today my mum has taken time off work to be with me. So i am re starting my challenge. And doing it for good this time, as i simply cannot go on like this anymore.

1. 5 binges
    2. Being hungry - then anger kept me going
    3. Nothing in moderation unfortunately
    4. MFP Heronruthie
    5. Up Up Up. I am so disgusted. but it will be gone soon

Hope everyone else had a better week.

x
  • val922
    val922 Posts: 8
    Options
    Yup long road ahead of us. I'm there for ya !!!!!! Message me anytime you need help.
  • SarahRea32
    Options
    1. 3
    2. Boredom --> guilt, hunger, anger
    3. come kind of delicious ice-cream at my mums (oops forgot to log it!!)
    4. talking to my mum and my husband about my issues with food, logging on here and reminding myself - again - that this issue is not mine alone!
    5. up a little, but not enough to get upset about :)

Good luck for a great week everyone
  • peaceloveweedandveggies
    Options
    I haven't found anyone else who does this. Makes me feel not as crazy :)
  • JusDoinDis
    JusDoinDis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can count me in too
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    first al the no binge challengers are welcome to add me to the group.

well its been 1 week so far and since posting my progress on my blog I haven't binged. it's amazing how posting on the blog and making my food diary public is helping me on this. as well as doing an eating disorder rehab course online as additional help.
  • cdspark
    cdspark Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    1. Number: One (yesterday)
    2. Triggers: Attention
    3. Naughty foods: Good bread a huge weekness and drinking, did not overdo either this week
    4. Things that helped us through the week: keeping busy (had to leave the house while I was binging, then came back and found something to do to keep me busy.
    5. A general statement of how your going with your weight: lost 5 since my initial weighin.
  • fightininggirl
    Options
    actually we should start a no binge challenge group. if anyone is interested? I could start it for us. I can make it private
  • gems93
    Options
    actually we should start a no binge challenge group. if anyone is interested? I could start it for us. I can make it private

Yes Please. That would be great
    x
  • cdspark
    cdspark Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    That would be great. I need to get a list of not eating options for when i start bingeing; yesterday I had to leave the house in order to stop. Not the most ideal plan.
  • SarahRea32
    Options
    Thanks that would be great, let us know when it's up :)
  • fightininggirl
    Options
    for all those doing the no binge challenge I created the group for us to do so in private. its called step away from that binging.

you are all invited to join. once all the members join who want to it will be set to private so no one sees our posts accept for the group members.

I thought if set to private I wouldn't be able to send you all invites to join.