What diets have worked best for you?

Options
I have tried many diets though none really work, so I have been eating healthy but I like to be able to have a diet plan. Any work well for you guys? :)

Replies

• AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I have tried many diets though none really work, so I have been eating healthy but I like to be able to have a diet plan. Any work well for you guys? :)
    A balanced one. Balanced means ample amounts of Fats, Proteins, and Carbohydrates.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say that Low Carb has me losing 28 pounds in 9 wks, energy, clear mind & focused, no more bloated feeling or being hungry... what ever you decide to do only works when you dedicate yourself to it whether that be diet, exercise or lifestyle change... Wishing you the best of luck, feel free to add if you are looking for supportive friends.
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    .....none.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Low carb is the way to go for me too. I've lost 65 pounds and feel great and I'm not starving all the time. I know there are plenty of people who will disagree and this is not for everyone but you asked "what is best for you?". But you can't do it for a while then start pigging out on carbs or you will gain it back quicker than you lost it! I'll be doing this for life! Good luck!
  • lisalou1509
    Options
    Depending on how much you have to lose Lipotrim is a great start to fat loss. I lost 80 - 85 lbs on it. Low carb beats low fat every time :)
  • kmh0617
    kmh0617 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm loving eating like this: 40% carbohydrate (complex carbs), 30% fat (healthy fats- avocadoes, olive oil and such) and 30% protein (lean protein). I feel full, nourished and energetic!
  • nchegge
    nchegge Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I lost about 70 pounds just tracking my calories along with my carbs and proteins making sure I fit in my range for everything. I switched to rarely ever drinking soda and lots of fruits and veggies and plenty of water. This also allowed me to not worry so much about "cheating" on my diet. I just made sure I knew where I was at.
  • Liz_M_
    Liz_M_ Posts: 25
    Options
    I followed the pro point plus for 18 months and lost 38kgs. It put me on a change in lifestyle which I believe is necessary for success.
    Calorie counting also works for me.
    The most important tools I have used for success is tracking and weighing food . This means tracking every single bite, lick and taste. It becomes 2nd nature after a while and I have the MFP app on my iphone so no excuses for not keeping my eye on the ball. It can also be the green or RED light to having something if it puts me over the allowance. Weighing food means that we can be sure we are eating enough. Sometimes guessing is inaccurate and we can be not having as much as we could and ensures portion control.
    I still don't drink enough water because I never feel thirst and have to remind myself to do this. Drinking water is beneficial to weigh loss by keeping the system flushed.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I tried a lot of diets..but none worked for me.

The only thing that has worked has been changing my lifestyle and educating myself about health and fitness. Logging all my food in MFP, really teaching myself about portions, finding ways to control my overeating and emotional/stress/bored eating, watching my macros, exercising and re-training myself in how I think. Doing all this has helped me not just physically, but mentally and emotionally as well.
  • EmmarrD
    EmmarrD Posts: 69
    Options
    Thank you all. It's really amazing to hear the success stories! Hopefully I will have some results soon! I really appreciate all the responses, very helpful!
  • Celuwen
    Celuwen Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Weighing, measuring and counting everything is the only thing that works for me. It's taken me a long time to realise it. Diet plans work for a short amount of time until I get fed up of the restrictions; if I'm working it out myself, I can balance my diet to give myself the things that I want (in moderation) as well as the things that my body likes.

Also, realising that exercise is something that I can do some of, even at my current weight.
  • innerhottie
    innerhottie Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I love the South Beach Diet...

Hubby and I have both lost on it and feel great!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

The eat whatever you want and stick to your calorie diet.

Beat me to it! This.
  • nchrty
    nchrty Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    MEDIFAST! I lost 70 lbs in a little over 7 months on Medifast in 2010 and have had no problems keeping it off since then. It absolutely saved my life!
  • supermoo2
    Options
    No particular 'diet' - just smaller portions from all the food groups, with as little fat as possible: change of cooking habits: lots of walking and some cycling. Have lost 24 kilos in 11 months - slow but steady to keep it off - for those working in pounds, that's about 1 pound (1/2 kilo) per week approx. Dropped 3 dress sizes too
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Low carb/keto was great for resetting my sweet tooth and getting me to eat whole, unprocessed foods and exiting the blood sugar 'I MUST EAT SOMETHING!' rollercoaster.

Once I realised there was no point in restricting myself so much, food choice-wise, I moved back onto a more balanced deal and it's been good and steady progress since then.

In the end it's whatever you can do to most easily to maintain the calorie gap.
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I tried a lot of diets..but none worked for me.

The only thing that has worked has been changing my lifestyle and educating myself about health and fitness. Logging all my food in MFP, really teaching myself about portions, finding ways to control my overeating and emotional/stress/bored eating, watching my macros, exercising and re-training myself in how I think. Doing all this has helped me not just physically, but mentally and emotionally as well.

This is exactly myself as well!! Took me many years to realize I could not be on a "diet", though had to change my lifestyle.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    A balanced one. Balanced means ample amounts of Fats, Proteins, and Carbohydrates.

Same here: cutting back my total calories to have a small deficit, adding fruits and veggies and making sure I get plenty of protein.

My current diet is working well. I feel better than I have in more than 20 years.
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    None, I just use will power and portion control. (and ride my bike everyday)
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    eating less, moving more, and not subscribing to any diet "plan."