The perfect food

Options
I'm not a big eater I pick I'm only eating about 7-800 cals a day anybody know a food that is high in cals high in protein very low in sodium and sugar and carbs thanks

Replies

• LeeWorrall88
    Options
    This Sound like what you are looking for?

Allowable foods: All animal proteins and fish, nuts & seeds. Whey protein. All fats such as olive oil, coconut oil, real butter and nut butters. All green vegetables and some others; spinach, broccoli, peas, asparagus, kale, courgettes, avocado, cabbage, cucumber, cauliflower, mange tout, leeks, celery, sprouts, salad leaves and watercress.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Natural peanut butter
  • LeeWorrall88
    Options
    By the way, you are never going to achieve anything by eating 700 calories other than harm your body.
    Your body wont even be functioning properly at that low, seriously need to take a closer look at your diet.
    A site like this will help you: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • bethany812
    Options
    I copied the paragraph below from an article on MSN. To be honest, it's taken from an article in Men's Health Magazine, but I've heard this from a few other sources on womens' health too.

To drop weight, you need to cut back on certain foods—but not dairy. Milk and other dairy products can help dieters slim down and beef up, say Canadian researchers. Their study found that heavy people who exercised every day and followed a high-protein, high-dairy (and calorie-restricted) diet for 16 weeks lost about 10 pounds of fat and gained 1 1/2 pounds of muscle. (Those who ate less dairy and protein still lost weight, but they also lost muscle.) The reasons: Milk may help regulate appetite, and whey protein can activate muscle growth.
  • Matt_Wilken
    Options
    I'm not a big eater I pick I'm only eating about 7-800 cals a day anybody know a food that is high in cals high in protein very low in sodium and sugar and carbs thanks

You are only eating 700 - 800 calories a day???
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I dnt really eat food I use to pig out on goodies an not eat food. So I'm new to all this clean eating I don't know what foods good or bad ( I know that sounds stupid but I really don't I know the obvious take aways,carbs,) but I'm just learning about processed chicken after it blew me up for a week with sodium . Iv never ate breakfast so I have started but I'm not hungry around dinner time then but I have to eat dinner so it's usually soup an then that only adds up to 300 cals ?
  • HotMummyMission
    Options
    By the way, you are never going to achieve anything by eating 700 calories other than harm your body.
    Your body wont even be functioning properly at that low, seriously need to take a closer look at your diet.
    A site like this will help you: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Thanks I will do and iknow that's why I posted this thread haha I'm just stuck with it a
  • pinkgurl87
    Options
    700-800 calories a day is not enough. If you eat to little food your body goes into starvation mode and stores all the food it can in fat, it's better to eat more then to eat to little. Plus as soon as you eat over the amount it will go straight to fat. And you may lose weight but it really really easy to gain it all back again and more, it's not worth it.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mfiq2bQTXh1qd7ouho1_500.jpg
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    If you are not hungry, then don't eat... thats pretty straight forward.

I tend to follow my body's schedule, and if I'm not hungry for breakfast then I eat a huge lunch... and if I'm not hungry for dinner, then I don't eat dinner, and if I'm hungry before bed, then I'll eat something.

As far as foods go, you can eat pretty much what you want as long as it fits in your calories/macros.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I dnt really eat food I use to pig out on goodies an not eat food. So I'm new to all this clean eating I don't know what foods good or bad ( I know that sounds stupid but I really don't I know the obvious take aways,carbs,) but I'm just learning about processed chicken after it blew me up for a week with sodium . Iv never ate breakfast so I have started but I'm not hungry around dinner time then but I have to eat dinner so it's usually soup an then that only adds up to 300 cals ?
    Maybe try not to look at foods as "good" or "bad" and look at the overall nutritional content of your whole diet.
  • LeeWorrall88
    Options
    I hope this image of a food pyramid gives you a bit of a better understanding of your foods.

http://www.freshandnaturalfoods.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Food-Pyramid.jpg

And although nearly all foods contain more than just one nutrient, the basics are......

Wholegrain, Veg & Fruit = Carbs
    Meat, Fish & Eggs = Protein
    Nuts, Seeds & Oils = Healthy Fats

You will have to click the image as it is absolutely huge to have displayed on this forum
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

There aren't really any "good" foods or "bad" foods. There are just foods. If you are trying to lose weight then you need to determine your TDEE (the number of calories you burn in all your activities per day) and eat less than that. Depending on how much weight you have to lose deduct 10% to 20% from your TDEE. That's it. That's all you have to do to lose weight. You can actually eat whatever you want within those guidelines (any digestive or other health issues aside).

Ideally you should eat enough protein to support your lean body mass and do some regular resistance training so that you lose fat rather than muscle. Throw in some cardiovascular exercise for heart health and you have the complete package.
  • HotMummyMission
    Options
    I copied the paragraph below from an article on MSN. To be honest, it's taken from an article in Men's Health Magazine, but I've heard this from a few other sources on womens' health too.

To drop weight, you need to cut back on certain foods—but not dairy. Milk and other dairy products can help dieters slim down and beef up, say Canadian researchers. Their study found that heavy people who exercised every day and followed a high-protein, high-dairy (and calorie-restricted) diet for 16 weeks lost about 10 pounds of fat and gained 1 1/2 pounds of muscle. (Those who ate less dairy and protein still lost weight, but they also lost muscle.) The reasons: Milk may help regulate appetite, and whey protein can activate muscle growth.

Thanks babe I found this helpful I love having a glass of milk but I stopped that yday thinking it was bad x
  • OliveDouglas
    Options
    I used to be like that. I'd barely eat and think that by not really eating, I'd lose weight....Clearly that didn't work! I'm going to give you an example for what I do, hopefully it will help you :-)

Breakfast: 1 scoop of chocolate whey protein, 1 cup water, 3 ice cubes and a banana blended
    Snack: Fuji apple
    Lunch: 1 packet of oatmeal, 1 80 calorie yogurt
    Snack: 2 (60 calorie) cheese sticks
    Dinner: (this is not the same everyday) 8oz of chicken or beef, 1-2 cups of vegetables and sometimes I have some rice
    Snack: 15g protein bar (200 calories each)

That's it.

I usually have about 1500 calories worth of food a day, but I burn over 400 calories in the gym every morning. I'm getting married and my fiance's best friend is a personal trainer and nutritionist, so he's helping me out with ideas and on the workout front. (I'm also recovering from thyroid cancer) .

Hope this helps!! Feel free to add me or message me :-)
  • HotMummyMission
    Options
    Thankyou everyone going to have a look I to it all now I want to lose 28lbs I have already lost 14lbs but I use to cheat alot an still feel BLEGH I want to feel fresh an clean I side an look amazing outside. iknow to lose weight it's 80% diet 20% exercise just need to be a brand new me by June haha x
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    700 to 800 cals?
    no bueno

sweetie you need to eat more, you can become a new you by June AND be healthy
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Eggs are yummy.
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Even if you find that you just don't "feel" hungry, that doesn't mean that you are not meeting your calorie intake needs. You could pick more calorie dense foods, such as natural peanut butter, almonds or other nuts, avocados, greek yogurt, cheese, use flaxseed and cook with EVOO...to name a few. Lean meats, such as chicken, fish and lean cuts of red meat are also good protein sources and offer more calories given their portion size.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

No food is good or bad. If you allow yourself enough calories and watch your micronutrients, you can eat whatever you want in moderation.