A Miscarraige and Evil Doctor

Options

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    That's truely awful behavior by the Doctor. My wife had four miscarriages and luckily we were treated with compassion and respect but they still rank as four of the worst experiences of our lives.
    Be strong and positive, you never forget but it does get easier over time. Best wishes for the future.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe a doctor could say that to a person, it's completely heartless!

I have complete sympathy for you and your loss, I have experienced 3 losses myself but do have one daughter to be thankful for. When I had my losses they were health related and not because I was overweight (as I was for 2 of my 4 pregnacies). I can honestly say that even my best friend who was much more overweight than I was had a beautiful and healthy boy had a perfect pregnancy. So never think it was your weight, I certainly wouldn't. It was just a very sad happenstance.

It seems like you want to make this change for yourself and that's the greatest motivator and also the best reason, you can do it!
  • kokoforskinny
    kokoforskinny Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry you have gone through this and with a horrible doctor. I have gone through a miscarriage and it is the worse feeling ever. If you would like encouragement or just someone there to talk to go ahead and send me a friend request. You have a goal in mind now set off to it. You may want to take that 100 pounds and break it down more so you have a good for every month. Just a thought. Go get it done and get pregnant next year. :)
  • shierrarobin
    Options
    Did he tell you to reduce your calories by 250 per day or eat 250 calories per day? Something doesn't seem to be adding up here. I have a hard time believing any doctor would recommend a 250 calorie diet.

Also, you stated you just started your diet and you told him you eat 1,500 calories a day. Did you happen to tell them you just started a new eating program? You don't get 100lbs overweight on a 1500 calorie diet. You either left a good bit of the story out or you weren't completely honest with your doctor and let him assume you have always eating 1,500 cals a day. BTW, if you are eating 1,500 cals a day you don't need a food suppressant.

I am sorry to hear about your miscarriage, I am a father of two little ones and they are special gifts. I hope you guys have success having another one.

Now, I think it’s time to start being honest with yourself and stop making excuses why you can or can't do things. Your profile is filled with excuses. It is so much easier to make excuses than to put in the work but excuses won't get you to where you want to be. We all have crazy schedules, work, commute, kids, chaos. Everyone in my house is up at 5:15am getting ready for the day, eat health breakfast, exercise, get ready (including a 1 and a 2 year old) and out the door (in no particular order).

You know those TV shows you like to watch at night? Well you need to decide would your rather watch those shows and sit on the couch or would you rather attack your goals and do some sort of exercise with that hour. Its about choices, good choices about diet and exercise will get you where you want to be not sulking about being overweight and how things for some reason aren't going your way.

You can do it, you just have to..... well, do it!

Sorry if this was harsh but sounds like you need a kick in the pants and sometimes people who are close to you won't tell you what you need to hear.

Edit - We are in bed by 10:00pm most nights. Sometimes 9:30 and never past 10:30pm. Rest is important and you can't get up at 5am if you are up until 12-1am.

I read a study in my psychology textbook about how most people who kill themselves are bullied and belittled when they reach out for help. Just thought you should know that so maybe you won't be so insensitive next time.
  • Prizm55
    Prizm55 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You think bullying is done after high school, that was a cruel form of bullying. Good for you that this is motivating you, but really, you need to forget him and his asinine point of view. Can you imagine being married to someone so cruel. It sounds like you have a good husband. Do this for you, not that monster. I am in a challenge group "drop it like its hot, you should join us. I have about 100 to lose also. Thank you for having the courage to share.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I didn't misunderstand. He said 1 frozen dinner a day. No I didn't tell him I'd just started counting calories. I didn't really think about that at the time. There were other things on my mind. Not sure where my profile is full of excuses, unless you think me working is an excuse. However, I'm tired of apologizing to people like you. This year is different. I am on track. I do eat a lot of frozen dinners (I'm sure the doc wouldn't be so proud at how many), but I never cut it down to 250 calories. I am honest with myself. I knew then that I was overweight. I know now, and I know and have always known exactly what to do to fix it. I wanted to get it out and I appreciate every single bit of support (not looking for pitty). Thanks for the kick, but I've been kicked enough. From now on, I kick back.

You don't need to apologize to people like me, and I wasn't looking for one (I don't even understand what that actually mean). I have been in your boat stuggling with my weight and often times people aren't honest with you or offer the support that you really need. I didn't need someone telling me it was ok to have that snack or skip the gym and go out. I wish I had someone who pushed me and told me "hey bud you are really out of shape and your eating habits are terrible why don't we hit the gym together"

I don't doubt you can achieve your goal. Have a plan and stick to it and you will knock it out of the park.
    Please just stop.
  • JacquelineD35
    JacquelineD35 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    what a f### face!!! sorry to read he was such a miserable douche Lord that he took it out on you. Much luck to you on your journey to weight loss :flowerforyou:
  • NoleGirl0918
    NoleGirl0918 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss! {{{HUGS!!!}}} i have never dealt with a miscarriage so i definitely won't say i understand your pain :-( i will say that during my 2nd pregnancy my unborn son faced some serious health issues so i do understand that you love that child from the moment of conception. We went through some intensive tests before he was born & thankfully God answered our prayers. He was born without any issues & today is a happy, healthy 6 y/o. i was overweight when i got pregnant both times so i truly don't feel that your weight was the cause of the miscarriage. i am done having children but still dealing with PCOS myself so please feel free to add me as friend if you'd like.
  • Amcolecchi
    Amcolecchi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    OMG I know doctors say losing weight will help with getting pregnant, but what he said is unethical and just down right awful! I am currently TTC as well as lose weight. I have been trying for 5 months now and this will be my our first child! So I am here for motivation for you and as a friend :)
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I didn't misunderstand. He said 1 frozen dinner a day. No I didn't tell him I'd just started counting calories. I didn't really think about that at the time. There were other things on my mind. Not sure where my profile is full of excuses, unless you think me working is an excuse. However, I'm tired of apologizing to people like you. This year is different. I am on track. I do eat a lot of frozen dinners (I'm sure the doc wouldn't be so proud at how many), but I never cut it down to 250 calories. I am honest with myself. I knew then that I was overweight. I know now, and I know and have always known exactly what to do to fix it. I wanted to get it out and I appreciate every single bit of support (not looking for pitty). Thanks for the kick, but I've been kicked enough. From now on, I kick back.

You don't need to apologize to people like me, and I wasn't looking for one (I don't even understand what that actually mean). I have been in your boat stuggling with my weight and often times people aren't honest with you or offer the support that you really need. I didn't need someone telling me it was ok to have that snack or skip the gym and go out. I wish I had someone who pushed me and told me "hey bud you are really out of shape and your eating habits are terrible why don't we hit the gym together"

I don't doubt you can achieve your goal. Have a plan and stick to it and you will knock it out of the park.
    Please just stop.

^.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    The doctor may have been right when he said miscarriage is very common but for him to try to put the blame on you is totally crazy! I had a miscarriage when I was at a very healthy weight! If a conversation about your weight was necessary, that was not the time to do it! He should have first dealt with your emotional health to get you through this extremely painful experience then spoke to you about your weight after you had somewhat healed (if that's possible!).
    I noticed many posters said they had similar experiences with rudeness during a miscarriage. I am shocked and appalled! I received respect and compassion throughout my ordeal, from doctors and all hospital staff. I'm so sorry that you did not!
    If I may offer advice, I probably would not try to conceive while starting your weight loss journey. You need to focus on you and your health right now. And when you do start trying again, you will have to work hard not to stress about it if it does not happen quickly. It took me about 17 months to conceive the first time (when I had the miscarriage). Then it took me 21 months to conceive when I had my first child. Funny thing is, the other two only took one try each!!:wink:
    You are doing great and I believe in you! Your attitude is great and I know it is something you probably had to work on! But here you are! Go get 'em!!
  • rebtrev13
    Options
    What an inconsiderate doctor! He must never have experienced miscarriage within his family. I have and I know how heartbreaking it can be. Use this a motivation to get healthy, not necessarily a number on the scale. We will be praying for your success!!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    What an *kitten* of a doctor promise you will never go back to him and I would write your story on one of the physician review sites so other women dont have to go through the same thing. That is after you heal a little after this loss.

I lost my baby in October. It's such a terrible thing to go through. Give yourself time. I gained back weight after mine too. The depression is so overwhelming. Take it one day at a time. Try to stay away from foods that you can binge on, but be kind to yourself. Ignore that doctor. My heart goes out to you.
  • gobraves47
    gobraves47 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss and that your doctor was an asshat. You have great motivation to lose the weight--You can do it. Be kind to yourself and be strong! Good Luck!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Wow. I am sorry about the loss of your baby. THAT IS A BIG DEAL. For the doctor to say it wasn't is the most ignorant thing I have ever heard. I am also sorry for the way you were treated and made to feel like this was your fault. This was not your fault! Sometimes these things just happen. You did not cause this, and you did not deserve to be treated that way. My heart just breaks for you and your husband. That doctor needs to lose his license for belittling a patient and giving them dangerous dieting advice! I hope you report his disgusting behavior.

I'm just shaking my head right now. Unbelievable!
  • Davidea76
    Davidea76 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    In 2010 I was right there in your shoes. I also had a miscarriage and had a very insensitive doctor. He told me basically the same thing and I did not know it at the time but you can get the doctor in trouble for saying those types of things to you. First off a 250 calorie diet would kill you. Your body would realize you were starving yourself and it would hold on to the fat and make you muscle instead. Please stay with your 1500 calorie diet and just make sure you exercise some each day. You are suppose to exercise at least 30 minutes a day to keep your heart healthy. And if you burn more than you eat then you will lose weight. You do need to figure out what you burn by just sitting though because those calories are already counted as burnt. Does this make sense?

I will keep you in my thoughts and I hope that you keep the faith up and know that you can do this. If you need to talk then I am right here for you. I am online every single day so you never have to worry about not being in touch with me. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
  • KHUDASGAL
    Options
    He should have his license taken away for that! Add me honey,,,,,,,I have more than 100 lbs. to loose also.
  • berrythin79
    berrythin79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your loss. Yeah some doctors do suck...ugh... Focus on your goals and stay motivated while your on your journey.
  • shaywallis
    shaywallis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I am so very sorry for your loss of such a sweet and precious baby, ((HUGS)). Although Ive never had a miscarriage before, I have given birth to two stillborn baby girls (23w and 32w). I can empathize with how heartbreaking it is to hope for something only to have it ripped away in the blink of an eye. That doctor was an idiot!!! He needs to be reported. Someone like that shouldn't be practicing medicine. I would seek advice from another professional. Ill be praying God covers you and your family in comfort and peace.
  • betsy179
    Options
    Wow! I agree with everyone else about that Dr. It was such a great lost and then to be treated like that. I know it was hard for you to share with us . I am glad you did becasue now you can kick some b***..Today is a new day. Lets do it together. I believe in you. don't let the evil Dr control your life. We are here to help!