people that don't make resolutions

Options
Capt_Apollo
Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
when i hear people that say, "i don't make a new years resolution," i think of this.

smug.jpg

Replies

• bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    it's true, at least they know they won't be able to keep 'em!!
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • S1NN3R
    S1NN3R Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I didn't make any this year. :bigsmile:
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I'm not smug, I'm lazy.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Stop being so smug about thinking I am smug. Jeez.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    i don't.... well not on New Years at least. i do however like to listen to all my friends on NYE talking about losing weight and cutting back on drinking like they do every year while we get drunk and eat junk food.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I don't make resolutions so much as I just like crossing sht off
  • AlphaToOmega
    Options
    I don't wait until New Year's to make a resolution. I invoke change when it's needed.
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I don't make resolutions, I set short and long term goals......some I reach and some I don't. I'm always tweaking them as life happens!
  • chervil6
    chervil6 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    i used to make them .. then realised whats the point ... so this year im just gunna do what im gunna do :laugh:
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I don't. I don't see what relevance a calendar year has to my behavior. As a time frame, I often use ending at the new year, but I start things when I know I need to start them because I think waiting until New Years is just giving yourself an excuse to put off what you know you ought to do.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Can't break 'em if you don't make 'em!

JM
  • AussieTrainer
    Options
    this is the first year I have not made any resolutions. In past years I never keep them. And honestly everything is going pretty great. I made resolutions to myself throughout the year, especially related to health/fitness, and I've kept them...so this holiday season i just have to keep doing what I'm already doing basically.

but other than posting in this topic I haven't been bragging about not making resolutions, because that is a jerk move. ;P
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I don't. I don't see what relevance a calendar year has to my behavior. As a time frame, I often use ending at the new year, but I start things when I know I need to start them because I think waiting until New Years is just giving yourself an excuse to put off what you know you ought to do.

south-park-smug-313-z31vfv.gif
  • samlankford
    Options
    I don't wait until New Year's to make a resolution. I invoke change when it's needed.

^^this^^ have not made a resolution in about 10 years...:bigsmile:
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I don't make resolutions, I set short and long term goals......some I reach and some I don't. I'm always tweaking them as life happens!

^^This for me, too.
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Why do i need the beginning of the year to "make plans and promises" to change?" It wasn't the new year when i joined this site... *shrugs
    I'm already doing what I can to improve myself, my resolution? Keep doing what I'm doing! Whatever
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    smug-dog.jpg
  • Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's that big of a deal. You decide to attempt something new, make a big change or grow a little when you're ready. ;) I made my resolutions back in September.