What is the worst comment you ever got about your weight?

Options

Replies

• Pretty_Mrs
    Options
    "I liked you better before you lost weight" o_0

Now THAT falls under the category of THEIR problem, not yours!!!
  • VitaBailey
    VitaBailey Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    A stranger asked me if I was expecting a baby.
  • NobodyInParticular
    NobodyInParticular Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    "You're fat"

That's mine.
  • Candy1629
    Candy1629 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    When's your baby due? Any day now, right? (several months after the birth of my son) :sad:
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    when are u due? OMG, I almost smacked that lady!
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I once asked my husband why we never went out anymore. His response: "Have you looked in the mirror lately? That's why we never go out anymore". Needless to say he was an ex soon after that. I don't care how much I weighed or what I looked like, I finally realized that I didn't deserve that kind of verbal abuse!!!
  • o2bADyer
    o2bADyer Posts: 208
    Options
    "We got you the larger size since you're going to gain all the weight back anyway."

And after the weight loss..."Girl, you need to eat a cheeseburger or something!"
  • mshopey
    mshopey Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Someone once said to me i was "so fat, that even iof i took an overdose of diet pills i'd still be too fat to be pretty" not gonna lie. I went away and cried over that one :(
  • happypath101
    Options
    I was at an event where someone I hadn't met yet was looking for me to introduce himself. I overheard another person say to him "She's the really chunky older lady wearing black.". I was 22 and had gone from a size 5 to a size 20 in about two years. I didn't think of myself as that heavy and I guess the weight aged me. (I had also shortened my hair and gotten glasses.) But, wow and OW! That was one of the moments that pushed me to change.
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I had just given birth to my first son, like literally 24hrs before. I weighed 128 before that pregnancy and only gained 31 pounds. My very FAT aunt came to see me at the hospital and said " wow you really stayed fat". Thankfully my father's girlfriend gave her a death stare and said "she just had a baby and she was never fat to begin with".
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I recently have lost more weight than I needed to- so comments like " no offense but you look sick" and people telling me I need to eat, when I already know bother me.

I think the worst one was a few years ago I had lost a bunch of weight and one of my fathers friends took it upon themselves to ask me if I was in treatment for cancer (um no). That really hurt.
  • happypath101
    Options
    People can be so mean! I can not believe some of things people have said to other people, unbelievable!

That's phenomenal. I wish I could be so witty so fast! :O)
  • Lacey_Cakes
    Lacey_Cakes Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    The one i hated the most was you would be so pretty if you werent so heavy....that stuck with me for a LONG time.

omg cant count how many times ive heard that one
  • jdressel
    jdressel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Probably just the usual names - chubby, tubby, etc.

What I think hurt more than the names was not being able to keep up with active friends.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    If youre fat it's your fault.

I said that to myself.

The truth hurts.

use it to move you, not as an excuse to sit around and commiserate.
  • Mloveb913
    Mloveb913 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The worst comment I've had was, I was waiting for the bus and this lady come up to me all excited "awww what are you having, a girl or a boy?" ..... I wasn't prego.......:explode: :explode:
  • Mloveb913
    Mloveb913 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The one i hated the most was you would be so pretty if you werent so heavy....that stuck with me for a LONG time.

omg cant count how many times ive heard that one

Me too!
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    It's a best/worst... At 189lbs, my doctor grabbed some of my belly and said (Indian accent) "you absolutely cannot continue to keep gaining weight like this, Sarah."
    She was a great doctor
  • MrsLehman24
    MrsLehman24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You look like you're F***ing pregnant!!! You need to go to the gym and quit eating so much! My God, you're too pretty to be THAT FAT!!!

I cried for 20 minutes...the considered the source and went to the gym.
  • Lacey_Cakes
    Lacey_Cakes Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    you'd be a knockout if you lost some weight
    id kill myself if i was as big as her (me at 220 lbs and 5'8)
    why did you gain so much with the baby?
    you're gunna lose that right?
    the list never ends