What is the worst comment you ever got about your weight?

Options
rgohm
rgohm Posts: 294 Member
I was thinking about what I hate about being fat because of a previous post and it got me wondering about other people's worse comment. Here is the one I remember from when I was 30lbs lighter than I am currently.

I have a brother who is about 400 lbs and he does NOT wash as well as he should (YUCK) and his wife was complaining that my brother stunk because of his fat rolls and then she looked at me and said "you know what I mean Beck, your big". I just stood there for a few minutes and couldn't even think, then I said " No Tonya, I don't know what you mean because I wash everyday and here is the secret to not stinking, I use SOAP".

My SIL is an idiot but it still stung!

Replies

• Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I got Ill and lost a lot of weight uncontrollably. Because I was in my late teens ALOT of people assumed I was deliberately starving myself and felt it was okay to comment on how skinny/gaunt/"anorexic" I looked or the good old "eat a sandwich" line It was pretty darn crappy because all that time I was eating as much as I could and unable to gain weight.

My grandmother was the worst though, "you look like a boy" "it's disgusting, just eat something" etc etc.
    I hope that it was coming from a place of concern in her own twisted way, but people really shouldn't comment unless they know all the details!
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I love your big yellow arms and legs...wtf?? that's not a compliment... but atleast he said love ...lol
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    The one i hated the most was you would be so pretty if you werent so heavy....that stuck with me for a LONG time.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    If you looked like "her" I wouldn't have had to cheat.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    My mom was looking at a picture of me in high school and said " you know you look exactly the same as you did then, well if you didnt gain all that weight"
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    " You Fat *kitten*"
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I was pregnant, but still...
    I was going to get some pizza, and the pizza guy asked me when I was due. I told him, and he asked if it was just one. I laughed, and said, "Yeah, just one,"
    He gave me a look of disgust and disbelief as he handed me my pizza and said, "Wow. You look like you're carrying twins."
    I should have thrown the pizza at his face, but I didn't think about it until later.
    I walked away, could hardly eat the stupid pizza and cried when I got home.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    " You Fat *kitten*"

O.M.G. <insert dying icon here>
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    "You're so thin it's gross"

I kinda miss comments like that though.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Okay - how about the BEST comment??

I was walking to the break room for lunch, and Charlie was behind me - not once, but TWICE, he said, "Wow, Elaine, you're really losing weight!!" All I could say was, "Yes, I am, thank you so much!"

And Charlie is usually such a JERK... It was amazing! :bigsmile:
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I had a cousin call me "wide load" constantly one Thanksgiving when I was around 19 or 20 years old. I can't stand him to this day and thankfully haven't seen him since then that I can remember.
  • dark_light
    Options
    The worst comment I got was "Those lips!"
  • BellaFe
    BellaFe Posts: 323
    Options
    Worst one I ever got was when I was 16. This lady said "oh you are so pretty you could be a model if you lost weight" :(
  • tiffd1000
    Options
    At my heaviest... a good friend made a comment about the cellulite on my arms... needless to say my feelings were super hurt and I let her know about it.
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I think the worst weight comment I ever got was several years ago from my aunt who is fanatical about overeaters anonymous. I was in my early twenties and had gained a few extra pounds and she told me she could get me started in OA. Here I was in my young twenties and I wasn't even that heavy...I just picked up a couple of pounds.

Needless to say her innocent comments were so hurtful that I ended up dieting myself down to a size 0.
  • Miss_Z_87
    Options
    I was pregnant, but still...
    I was going to get some pizza, and the pizza guy asked me when I was due. I told him, and he asked if it was just one. I laughed, and said, "Yeah, just one,"
    He gave me a look of disgust and disbelief as he handed me my pizza and said, "Wow. You look like you're carrying twins."
    I should have thrown the pizza at his face, but I didn't think about it until later.
    I walked away, could hardly eat the stupid pizza and cried when I got home.

OMG some people are so RUDE! What a jerk
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    About 10-15 years ago, a woman I know asked me when my baby was due. I was not pregnant.
  • paradog
    paradog Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    "wow, you're really gaining weight."

Yea it hurt but it was also a red flag to what I didnt want to accept...I was obese!
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    "Are you pregnant?" and "why are you so fat?"
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options
    I got accused of having an eating disorder when I as at my lowest weight (was only 122lbs!!!) People were use to me being the plump girl, it was quite a shock to see I had lost a lot of weight, which might I add came off healthily.

At my biggest I was bullied at school, and they shouted at me that if they pushed me I would roll down the hill like a football.... meh

Included both to point out people can say anything at any weight sadly =(