What is the worst comment you ever got about your weight?

Options

Replies

• Colleen1980
    Colleen1980 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I got comments all through growing up (I was always a fat kid), but the worst was an ongoing thing throughout my childhood with my step-grandfather. Every, and i mean EVERY time I went to my Nany's house, he would greet me with some variety of, "You're gettin' awful chunky! How much do you weigh NOW, eh? How much weight you gained?" He would always say it all with a huge grin on his face, like it was the funniest thing he'd seen all day.

I adored my Nany and loved spending time with her, but I always dreaded going to her house because I knew I would have to see him and I would have to deal with this conversation when I first got there. Every. Single. Time.
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    My mother basically told me that I was "too big" to get a boyfriend and that it was my own fault I haven't been on a date in a while. I still haven't gotten over that. I cried for about a week after. That was 4 months ago.

You're a beautiful young woman. Try your hardest not to take to heart what your mother says from here on out. She is absolutely wrong. :heart:

You're sweet. Thank you so much!

You're welcome. :flowerforyou:
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    If you lose weight, when you turn around, you're gonna disappear! LOL
  • CrystalZ2012
    CrystalZ2012 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    "You look like a Holocaust victim"
    I've been on the receving end of a lot of hurtful fat comments. I forget that the comments on being thin can be just as mean. :cry:
  • bandedsandi
    bandedsandi Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    The last words my ex (who I had found in our bed with another woman) shouted at me was: "Look at yourself in the mirror, you are disgusting! No man can ever love you, you are a fat, despicable cow!"
    I know I shouldn't have bought into it, but eight years later, I'm still alone and it still hurts...
  • bluecrayonz
    bluecrayonz Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    The one i hated the most was you would be so pretty if you werent so heavy....that stuck with me for a LONG time.

i got that too...hurts like a *****
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I was always a size 0~2 and when I turned 40 I slacked off and when I went to a Family Reunion, my nephew who hadn't seen me in years shouted out loud, "OMG! Did you get big!" Everyone at the table was like:noway: ...mind you, I was/am a size 4~6 now!!!
  • lizhotgurl16
    lizhotgurl16 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My ex told me I was 2 sandwiches from being obese! Ugh! Totally hated him!
  • pkoll
    pkoll Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I can't believe that people have enough nerve to say these things! Obviously their parents didn't teach them to love one another!
  • runningfataway
    Options
    You have a cute face..... You'd be the full package if only you had the body to match...
    ****ed up
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    This is an extremely depressing thread...
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I am literally in tears right now seeing these posts! I am sooooo sorry that people in your lives{ and mine} were so RUDE and INCONSIDERATE to you all! I wish I could be there to wipe away all the pain and hurt in your hearts!:heart:
  • LMick1986
    LMick1986 Posts: 431
    Options
    I can't say it was soooo awful, but it did sting a bit for a little while. I had a friend of mine come visit me. I was in the midst of complimenting her on her losing weight. She then looked at me and said "I was just about to tell you how much it looks like you've gained......I mean, you're such a small frame, that you can see even the 5-10 pounds." Thanks?
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    A person making Pig Grunts at me...with a large group around them all laughing.
  • FiestyIrish
    Options
    I've always had that lower abs pooch, even when I wore a size 8. I was 18 at the time and when I came in from work one day, my dad studied me for a second and then asked if I was pregnant. Boyfriendless, virginal, little old me was so scandalized and embarrassed that I could only croak out a "No" before I locked myself in the bathroom for an hour and bawled. And tried to be quiet about it so he wouldn't know I was crying.

My dad's not normally a mean-spirited person, so I have no idea what brought that on. But 16 years later, I can still remember the whole episode like it was yesterday.
  • horrorfan91
    Options
    So when's your twins due?
  • ChinniP
    ChinniP Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Man this thread makes me so mad I could kick a puppy. People are crap.
  • LMick1986
    Options
    It was 24 years ago. I was about to deliver my first baby. I wasn't obese, not even close, but hey, I WAS preggo chubby. Skinny nurse in my labour room takes one look at me and announces to the other nurses, her eyes rolling back into her skull, "This one's gonna be awhile. The fat ones always take all night,"

Are you kidding me?!?! I would have reported that in an instant!! I can't STAND it when people that are supposed to be so caring are so rude!
  • LMick1986
    Options
    The other night, someone said that my butt was larger than average. And it made me super uncomfortable and self conscious. And I never thought my butt was noticeably big! And now I can't stop thinking about it.

I LOVE having a butt!! That's about all I got going for me....as I don't have much in the boob department. Sooo, I was a bit sad when my younger sister said "Since you've lost the weight, you've kinda lost your butt." :( More squats and lunges for this girl!
  • rachelam123
    Options
    3 years ago I was on an online dating site, the one I met the man who is now my fiance on =) anyway, out of the blue this guy who didn't even know me sent me a message saying "You're fat, and your last name is Murphy, did your dad start Papa Murphy's?" I blew it off and blocked him, and I haven't even told anybody about it, but to this day it still gives me a sick feeling...how can people be so hurtful?