What is the worst comment you ever got about your weight?

Options

Replies

• Amber0924
    Options
    my favorite is "you have such a pretty face" ok so thanks that means my body is crap.
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    my wife keeps poking me sayn there is nothing there...i say thx you..i look good...((as I bite my tongue from really speaaking my mind )))...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • CassandraLove09
    Options
    I was out with friend having a pretty awesome night and we stopped some place to eat.

There were these two guys in front of us when we walked in that were paying for their meals.

The one guy mumbled something to the other guy. That other guy turns around, looks me up and down then says to the guy "Yeah she would be cute if she lost like 100 pounds" He didn't even try to lower his voice so that I wouldn't hear.

It really screwed up my entire night. None of my friends seemed to hear it. I ended up going to the bathroom and started crying.
  • CassandraLove09
    Options
    oh and I forgot in like 7th grade there were a bunch of guys standing in front of my locker (their friend had the locker next to mine) I said 'excuse me' like 5 times. Finally I just screamed MOVE so they all started 'moo'ing at me. >.<
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    A high school "friend" spread a rumour that I was anorexic.

Then after graduation she didn't understand why I wasn't willing to stay in touch. F'ing idiot.
  • afatwomanonamission
    Options
    In college I worked two jobs (and at one point three) just to make ends meet. I was working as a cashier in a grocery store for a while and one day we had a dress-down day. Because two of my jobs had uniforms and I was a broke student, my wardrobe was kind of limited and so I ended up pulling on an old (sort of too-small) sweater and a pair of jeans. Everything seemed to be fine for the first hour or so until some sweet (looking) old lady rolled through my cash. I put through her groceries and have her back her change when, in quite a loud voice, she said "You really should do something about your weight - you're just so big!"

Of course she said it loud enough for everyone near by to hear and since I was on cash I couldn't exactly walk away so I worked through to my break trying not to cry.

The other thing that sticks out in my mind is an incident with my dad around the same time. He came to visit and insisted taking me and my dog for a walk. When I said that Oreo (the dog) was unaccustomed to walking - not because we handy tried but because he wasn't fully leash trained yet - my dad made a comment about how that was obvious and insisted we go anyway. The walk that followed was horrendous. I felt like I was in boot camp with him growling at me to 'walk faster, get my heart beat going,' and crap like that. :(
  • Sharkington
    Options
    I was once accused (and not as a joke) of being on heroin because I was "too thin". That was probably the most messed up comment I have received regarding my weight (I got a lot of mean ones when I was overweight, too) Some people are cruel, but I think some people just don't think before they talk - I don't really believe the heroin remark came from maliciousness...so much as just...ignorance.
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    I dated a guy in college. He was a football player. The first night we ever were intimate (after a loooong time of waiting) he said, "I really like you. You have a beautiful face. If you lost 15lbs you'd be perfect for me." (mind you, i was a US12 at the time and quite non-flabby)

Gaaah...did I mention I was naked ? I can't remember how I dealt with it... all I know is that I have yo yo dieted and been all sizes from UK8 to UK22. I'm 44 as of yesterday, and that still sticks with me. Horrific!
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    I have many. The ones that stick out in my mind are, "Hey there! I bet you are having a girl the way you are carrying!" I wasn't pregnant. Or this one, "Everyone has some kind of addiction. Like me, I'm addicted to *** (whatever it was, can't remember). What are you addicted to? Food?" Or this one (when I had lost about 10 pounds after starting MFP), "Wow! You are doing great! It's going to be a LOOOONG road for you, but I know you can do it." Gee, thanks. The one that hurt the most was in grade school. The boys would scream, "Aaaah, earthquake!" when I would walk down the hall and pretend to fall over. I never got over that.
  • sakurajade
    sakurajade Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    my was when i was 20 i had a stroke and they said it was coss how big i was and my mum's smoking and i was in a size 12
  • Dpade1337
    Options
    I had a boyfriend who was very thin, high metabolism, no muscle, just skin and bones who would tell me routinely how fat I was. When I hit 125lbs he told me I was getting "to fat" for him.
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    "You look like a fat Katy Perry" :laugh:
  • LMick1986
    LMick1986 Posts: 431
    Options
    I dated a guy in college. He was a football player. The first night we ever were intimate (after a loooong time of waiting) he said, "I really like you. You have a beautiful face. If you lost 15lbs you'd be perfect for me." (mind you, i was a US12 at the time and quite non-flabby)

Gaaah...did I mention I was naked ? I can't remember how I dealt with it... all I know is that I have yo yo dieted and been all sizes from UK8 to UK22. I'm 44 as of yesterday, and that still sticks with me. Horrific!

Wait...what?!?!?! 44?!?! I swear, I've NEVER seen a younger looking 44 year old! I honestly thought you were in your 20s when I saw your picture.
  • was working in retail ringing this lady up, and she says to me..."you look nice, are you pregnant?" really??!! LOL if looks could kill...
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I was 16 years old, and probably weighed 95lbs, if that, when a person told me that I was getting fat and was going to look just like my older sister who was 20 and obese. I became anorexic over that comment, I guess because I didn't like my sister and didn't want to look anything like her. I see pictures of me from then and am still haunted by how gaunt and sickly I looked. It's not really relevant, but that person died at a young age from smoking. She should have worried more about herself. I guess she was just mean, I don't know!
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    The other thing that sticks out in my mind is an incident with my dad around the same time. He came to visit and insisted taking me and my dog for a walk. When I said that Oreo (the dog) was unaccustomed to walking - not because we handy tried but because he wasn't fully leash trained yet - my dad made a comment about how that was obvious and insisted we go anyway. The walk that followed was horrendous. I felt like I was in boot camp with him growling at me to 'walk faster, get my heart beat going,' and crap like that. :(
    that behavior on part of my father turned me and my brother so much averse to exercise that it became a lifelong baggage to bear.
    also, when i was 13 and my brother 8yrs (then chubby but not fat) our father refused to take us out with him cause he felt embarrassed about our weight problems.
    i'm still fighting to keep my weight right, my brother is disinterested and continues to be obese ,those childhood slights have damaged us to deep.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Someone said to me "You look fine!"
    I was 5'6" 175lbs......?????
  • ColeyCannoli
    Options
    I've had the people moo at me when I was a kid. (I wasn't ever over a size 10 in school but those kids were terrible.)
    My Chinese aunt also let me know that I wouldn't be small like her daughter but really big like my uncle, who is a very large- in every way- 6'2" man.

But really the worst thing anyone ever said to me was "now that you are losing weight, your manly bone structure comes out a lot more." I've always been sensitive about my prominent jaw/chin and that just sent me into a weird self-hate for a bit. But I realized that I can't change my skull and I have way more to offer people than looks anyway.

No matter how gorgeous you are some idiot out there is going to open their ugly faces and say something. I saw a guy say that Miranda Kerr was hideous because of her pointy nose and her height! How insane is that? When Victoria's Secret super models get these comments too, I don't think we should feel too bad lol. Don't worry if people say these stupid things, most likely they are threatened by you because they are insecure and sad in themselves.
  • ColeyCannoli
    Options
    Okay, after reading all of these I've decided that y'all need to start leaving names and addresses of these people so I can get to punching them all in the nose. It's gonna take a while, but I bet I can do it with how pissed I am for you guys. :mad:
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    First one--I was 11 and my aunt told me I was fat--in front of all my friends.

Then last year a friend of a friend asked me when the baby was due. When I told her I wasn't pregnant, she said "are you sure?" Funny thing about her was she had/has a huge beer belly and looked way more pregnant than I did.