What is the worst comment you ever got about your weight?

Options

Replies

• mdyorston
    mdyorston Posts: 158
    Options
    Man this thread makes me so mad I could kick a puppy. People are crap.

^^ THIS....people suck
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    wow this post makes me alittle sad because i got a lot of bad comments and I mean A LOT and they were all pretty bad.

1-your a huge pig i rather date your friend
    2-you would look so much prettier if you lost weight
    3- your eatinjg again?!!!! your always eating! ( it was the first thing that i had ate)
    4- brothers were always calling me fat
    ..... i could keep the list going.

i think 3 is the worste because it has effected me the most it made me very self conscious and its worse when its coming from a family member
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    When an experienced ob nurse argued that I was pregnant! LOL
  • mnj777
    mnj777 Posts: 17
    Options
    "I don't want her to come over to my house, she'll eat everything" - First of all, shut up. I don't want to eat your nasty food, get over yourself.

"Hey, big red!"- The lovely comment shouted at me the day I came to school with a red hoodie on.

And the best one my "friend" telling people I was anorexic because I actually starting to care about losing weight. That was great.
  • morganmay92
    Options
    All my life until I lost weight I heard:
    Cow, fatty, fat *kitten*, she probably sat on it..thats why it broke, fat cow, if only I was skinny, I am smaller then you, a guy asked me out as joke but I told him off ahaha. After I lost that weight those people were nice to me but I'm like F*** you. I don't put up with insults anymore...they make me laugh. I have good self esteem now though it's getting better since I'm still on my path to get to where I want not where others want me to be, it's body.
  • ChinniP
    ChinniP Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I don't recall any out-and-out mean things being said about my weight ... maybe once in a fight with my brother he accused me of hitting him with my belly. LOL But I am hang out with a lot of Indians ... and they're kind of like chinese in that they will tell you matter of factly if you are fat. But hey ... I'm fat and for some reason they must think i don't know it. :) But some of the mean spirited things I'm reading here ... argh! :(
  • evelynr14
    evelynr14 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I think one of my worst ones was "she looks like rolly polly olly (from disney)"....also the same ol thing as usual "you have such a pretty face, its a shame youre so heavy"
  • Kikers123
    Kikers123 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    This thread is so sad. I'm sorry to all of you who had to go through these things. Honestly I never really heard many remarks myself, besides little sly things that I am not really sure are mean or not. But here are a few that come to mind.

In high school, I had forgotten the paper project for an assignment, and when the teacher asked where it was some kid said "she probably ate it!" I was like What??? I mean just because someone is overweight does NOT mean that they eat everything they can. Of course I thought of some pretty rude, things about what he might be eating, but as I actually have HOME TRAINING I did not say them aloud.

Something else, that happened just yesterday was pretty sly, like it might have been trying to be a compliment. This guy was talking to my mom and said "Your daughter looks like she is losing weight. But don't let her lose too much, or these boys will be after her. She's a pretty girl" At first all I heard was pretty lol, but then I thought when I actually thought about it I realized how rude it was. I mean am I completely unattractive now? Ughh, thanks! :p
  • lorindaleigh
    lorindaleigh Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    The one i hated the most was you would be so pretty if you werent so heavy....that stuck with me for a LONG time.
    I got that one alll the time. And, you have such a pretty face if you just lose some weight you would be pretty.
  • marinebiologist_girl
    Options
    I don't care to talk about the worst comments as I went through a lot of bullying when I was young, but the WORST was the one that finally shocked me into losing the weight I carried, from a gynecologist.
  • miasapearl
    miasapearl Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    This was back in 6th grade from a classmate ... "Are you pregnant?".
    This was in college by dad "Why would anyone love you?"
  • smilingsiarra
    Options
    I've worked in retail since I was 14, and the worst comment was made when I was about 15 and a half, and this woman kept looking at me with disgust. I was in the middle of serving her when I had to ask her "Is something bothering you?" as kindly as possible. She turned around and snarled "Someone as young as you shouldn't be having relations, let alone be pregnant at your age! Didn't your parents teach you anything? THAT is what is bothering me!". I wasn't pregnant, just on the heavier side and bloated from a greasy lunch earlier that day. Worst part was all I could come out with was a meek "I'm not though." :( That comment hung with me for a long while after it was said.
  • LMick1986
    LMick1986 Posts: 431
    Options
    I've worked in retail since I was 14, and the worst comment was made when I was about 15 and a half, and this woman kept looking at me with disgust. I was in the middle of serving her when I had to ask her "Is something bothering you?" as kindly as possible. She turned around and snarled "Someone as young as you shouldn't be having relations, let alone be pregnant at your age! Didn't your parents teach you anything? THAT is what is bothering me!". I wasn't pregnant, just on the heavier side and bloated from a greasy lunch earlier that day. Worst part was all I could come out with was a meek "I'm not though." :( That comment hung with me for a long while after it was said.

What?!?! What the heck did the lady say in response to your "I'm not though"? Did she apologize or even realize how out-of-line she was?
  • Kikers123
    Kikers123 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
  • ocbrenda
    ocbrenda Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    coming home from the hospital after having my baby, my uncle asked me if the doctor left another baby in my stomach
  • Staffygirl88
    Staffygirl88 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    even though this was over 10 years ago it still hurts just as bad
    in school i was about 133lbs (so lighter than i am now) and one day in class we were all just sitting there chatting, when we notice something written on the wall
    '' *myname* is fat''
    i was horrified. and i never found out who wrote it.

and once my ex said to me ''bellys gonna get ya'' and found it hilarious.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    One I forgot about...As I walked into a buffet, I heard a customer say, " Everyone fill your plates before he comes and eats it all"

Even though I was fat I didn't eat a lot of food I just ate all the bad foods.
  • ahjenny
    ahjenny Posts: 293 Member
    Options

Yes, my parents did teach me something. MANNERS. Apparently yours forgot to teach you, you old wench.
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    i got called bubble butt :( it made me self conscious for years,
    now i got my dad on my back saying"Youve put on weight" hows your diet going" seriously hate that!!! ive actually lost weight
  • plaingirly
    Options
    There was an article in one of those trashy weekly magazines about a woman who was about 40 stones and squashed men for a living. One of the older women at work held up the picture and shouted across the office "Hey, even she can get a date and you can't. Must be something REALLY wrong with you."

I wasn't thrilled about it. Especially as I already had comments from her about me being stuck on the shelf. x