What is the worst comment you ever got about your weight?

Options

Replies

• newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    "Throw that girl a steak" I have been accused of being anorexic, bulemic, starving myself, surgery...just to name a few. I understand that people are not used to seeing me thin. (started at 198..now about 119) It just gets under my skin when people assume the worst, rather than looking at the hard work and dedication you have put into your success.

Congratulations on the loss! You look gorgeous and healthy in your profile pic!
  • KeikaiUra
    Options
    You're one of those people that are so FAT that everyone thinks it but no one dares to say it.
    Fat Frog.
    Lose some weight!
    Whale.
    Obese vegetarian.
    You should run around the block.
    If you get any bigger you will die.
    Are you sure that's the right size?
    Are you sure that will fit?
    You can't fit through that door.

:frown: :cry:
  • statickey
    statickey Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I just wanna say that people are so mean and no one deserves to be told these things!!!

When I was probably 12 (not real sure) I was with my best friend and we had walked to get a pizza. When we got back to her house a couple of her friends showed up and they saw me and called me the good year blimp. I was so embarrassed and disgusted with myself that I cried and didnt touch the pizza.
  • seejazz
    seejazz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I gained about 50 lbs after getting married, and I saw someone I hadn't seen in awhile and she said: "gosh..look at you! You're so big I didn't recognize you!"
    Then she apologized when I saw her again and said she meant I had gotten so tall...really lady? Really? I haven't grown since I was 16...
  • ckbabs
    ckbabs Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree! Bringing back too many horrible memories for everyone I fear. BUT we'll all be success stories in 2013!
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I got comments all through growing up (I was always a fat kid), but the worst was an ongoing thing throughout my childhood with my step-grandfather. Every, and i mean EVERY time I went to my Nany's house, he would greet me with some variety of, "You're gettin' awful chunky! How much do you weigh NOW, eh? How much weight you gained?" He would always say it all with a huge grin on his face, like it was the funniest thing he'd seen all day.

I adored my Nany and loved spending time with her, but I always dreaded going to her house because I knew I would have to see him and I would have to deal with this conversation when I first got there. Every. Single. Time.

A long time ago when I had put on some weight, a co-worker of mine would say, "Oooooh you gained weight!" with big grin on her face. When I look back on it now, I realize that it was because of her smug satisfaction that it wasn't her and she felt better about herself and her round "turtle" body with skinny pipe cleaner legs.
  • reddevil29
    reddevil29 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    If you looked like "her" I wouldn't have had to cheat.

What a complete a**hole!!
  • lrgarza82
    lrgarza82 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have more than I can count. The two most recent ones are :

"Wow! You've really decided to let yourself go now that you are married " ( from personal trainer. I was 6months pregnant but she didn't know and I was too shocked to way anything. I just went to a corner of the gym and cried)

" your bigger now than when you were pregnant " (from my mother in law... Hurts bc I thought I was losing weight!)
  • dporter1183
    dporter1183 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I was a teller at the time and one of the police officers came in for a transaction and said "Can I ask you something? Are you pregnant?"
    "No. No I'm not."
    "OMG. I"M SO SORRY. I only asked because the other guys at the station were asking!"

Oh so not only you......but at least 2 other police officers at the station were talking about how fat I was. Wonderful. Poor guy felt soo terrible and stopped coming to our branch for months.

When I actually WAS pregnant (a teller at another branch) I had a man ask me every two weeks how many babies I was having.
    "Just one."
    "You're sure?"
    "Yep."
    laughs "IDK...I think you're having two or three."

In the interest of keeping my job, I just gave a half a***d grin and didn't say anything. But after the 4th or 5th time I had to say "You do know you're being rude, right? It was rude the first time you said it, and it's still rude now."
    He never said it again. :)
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    A friend told me that an acquaintance asked her if I was pregnant. I had gained ten pounds my first year after getting married. First of all, I didn't even LOOK pregnant!!! Second, why the tar did my friend tell me about that?! She's needy and passive aggressive, thinks shes better at taking care of my kids than I am. I'm glad she doesn't live near me, anymore.

Another one that isn't intended to be an insult, but it grates my nerves when my husband says "you look fine." ARGH! I look slightly better than a trainwreck and I'm minimally presentable. Gee, thanks. *rolls eyes*

Guys don't always know what to say when you ask them or when they compliment you (or any woman really).

I learned to take everything as compliments after so many years of getting the backhanded ones. The more you see the good, the less hurtful power they hold regardless if it was meant to be nice or mean. ^__^ But I do hope he does compliment you regularly, you're a very pretty woman.

Thank you. :) and yes, he does compliment me, just wish "fine" dropped out of the top spot. Lol
  • reddevil29
    reddevil29 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Your after losing weight but you still have huge legs!!
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    used to be a waitress at a steakhouse.... waited on a table that had some kids i used to go to school with. after i left the table, i went around the corner to put their order into the computer. I overheard one say "man, she turned into a heffer!!"..... he didn't know i could still hear him. :cry:
  • Cowboyzfan82288
    Cowboyzfan82288 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Back growing up, my great-uncle used to call me, "Fat Boy From Alcoa"
  • SoberMomRocks
    Options
    When I was in the 4th grade my teacher made fun of my weight in front of the whole class. :\

That teacher should be fired.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I have a pretty face. My friend recently couldn't believe some photos taken of me. She said that I am extremely photogenic. I took it as that I didn't look so great in real life.
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    "I'm not attracted to you anymore... even if you lose the baby weight (2 kids in 2 years with the youngest just finishing nursing).... you will still be BIG". So I guess I am just a little BIG now... since I am almost through with losing the baby weight 3 months later.

I'm tall and big boned... it isn't like it was a surprise the years we were together and somehow I still managed to get pregnant... maybe he meant to say... Bigger than my girlfriend.....
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    An ex-boyfriend constantly told me how unattractive I was...and during one particular argument, while I was already in tears trying to figure out why he was so hateful towards me, he spat out the following: "you fat fuk...all you do is whine". That *kitten* whittled my self-esteem down to nothing...I still have issues from that relationship :embarassed:
  • klacount77
    klacount77 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    my worst two:

OMG, who's the fat girl that ate my Kimmy!

AND

You're kinda cute for a Magic Mountain chick.
  • 139agl
    139agl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    People can be so mean! I can not believe some of things people have said to other people, unbelievable!
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    A co-worker had the best comeback to her ex that I've ever heard. She ran into him several months after their divorce. He looked at her with a smug look and said "put on a few pounds there didn't ya". Without blinking she said "yes, now that I'm not with you I can keep my food down"! LMAO!!!! WOOHOOO!