Fat Burners

Options

Replies

• MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    not that im advocating it and we all know that it can potentially put you into cardiac arrest but ephedra is back on the market

WHat!!!!!!!!!??? really? since when? whats it in?

Most places (at least in Illinois) you can get it, its behind the counter at the pharmacy, but you have to show your ID and sign for it. Also your only allowed 6 pills (I beleive) at a time.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I am taking SlimQuick and I know it works because i have had quite a few family members take it and it is made specifically for women.

You can get it at GNC! It has lots of online information especially a whole page on Facebook too! Also there is a website where SlimQuick is doing a 25 lb challenge. I just started taking it myself yesterday so hopefully ill see results soon like my family members did.

Faulty logic is faulty.

Other people taking something doeesn't mean it works. Something being marketed toward women doesn't mean it works. Although your perspective is certainly what means it sells!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I am taking SlimQuick and I know it works because i have had quite a few family members take it and it is made specifically for women.

You can get it at GNC! It has lots of online information especially a whole page on Facebook too! Also there is a website where SlimQuick is doing a 25 lb challenge. I just started taking it myself yesterday so hopefully ill see results soon like my family members did.

Faulty logic is faulty.

Other people taking something doeesn't mean it works. Something being marketed toward women doesn't mean it works. Although your perspective is certainly what means it sells!

She's been taking it since yesterday ffs. Of course she knows it works.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Alli works best for me ..... but you must be careful of the side effects. You REALLY need to watch your fat intake. I've never had a problem, but I know people who have.

Oily anal leakage FTW!
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Look in the forums on Bodybuilding.com. There have been people review, and rate quite a bit of them. If you are determined to take a fat burner, You will probably get your best answer there from people who have taken them.

They don't work like most people hope they will, and they are not a substitute for proper diet, lifting, and cardio, but many bodybuilders swear by them while they are cutting. I'm not sure which is the best for women. I've heard since they banned Ephedra, none work as well as they used to.

Edited to add. I have tried Lipo 6, and Grenade, but I don't think I saw any greater fat loss using them, than not. I believe the idea behind them is the caffeine, and giving you enough energy to actually do more, which will help you burn more calories, and fat. If you stay sedentary, you will not see any better results than a person who is not taking them. Coffee, or caffeine pills are cheaper, and probably more healthy than most fat burners.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions for a good fat burner to take? For women?
    Cardio and strength training. Best fat burners you can find and they actually work, unlike the snake oil "magic pill" supplements you can buy in the stores. Mix in some other exercises like fork putdowns and table pushaways and you've got the most efficient weight loss supplements possible.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    My super fat burning stack

Shakeology

Raspberry Ketones

L Carnitine

Green Coffee Bean extract

African Mango Extract

Macha Green Tea

CLA
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    i suggest only listening to the people that havent progressed toward their goals at all while changing your profile picture all day long :drinker:
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    My super fat burning stack

Shakeology

Raspberry Ketones

L Carnitine

Green Coffee Bean extract

African Mango Extract

Macha Green Tea

CLA
    Awesome - you could call it "Snakeoilogy"!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    i suggest only listening to the people that havent progressed toward their goals at all while changing your profile picture all day long :drinker:

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed that...
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed that...

This.

This is why we are friends.
  • RHSheetz
    RHSheetz Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Check the link on Bodybuilding.com

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbmainsupp/lose-fat.html

Great articles and information on how they work, what ingredients work and what doesn't. Take a read before you decide to go this route.
  • NJSunshine13
    Options
    Alli works best for me ..... but you must be careful of the side effects. You REALLY need to watch your fat intake. I've never had a problem, but I know people who have.

Oily anal leakage FTW!
    Absolutely!!! I didn't want to get too graphic, but you are right. That's why you need to be real careful with what you eat. Makes you more accountable for your food choices. You'll think twice about eating that ice cream. I'm sure that also helps with the success of the pill. You think you're losing weight by taking the pill, when in reality you are just afraid to eat anything lol. Thankfully, I've never had an issue, but I have heard horror stories. I also wouldn't take one with every meal. I think that just sets you up for problems. One a day, usually at dinner, and no bad side effects.
  • LindaGTaylor
    LindaGTaylor Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Take one of these once a day.

kettlebells.jpg

Can you do kettlebell workouts everyday? If so I am on it...
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I am taking SlimQuick and I know it works because i have had quite a few family members take it and it is made specifically for women. You can get it at GNC! It has lots of online information especially a whole page on Facebook too! Also there is a website where SlimQuick is doing a 25 lb challenge. I just started taking it myself yesterday so hopefully ill see results soon like my family members did.

I tried slim quick, didn't work. I tried a bunch of other diets, pills, etc - didn't work.

Learning to eat smarter and better, watch portions, log all my food, get up and exercise...that worked and continues to work.

ETA: Isn't it funny. You spend all that money on fads and a bunch of things that promise you to get you results and in the end...all it takes is you. Things I wish I'd wised up to and taken to heart earlier on.....*sigh*
  • nbooher29
    nbooher29 Posts: 14 Member
    Options

I really hope you arent talking about me changing my profile picture?!

Im not even commenting on this post anymore because certain people thrive on being negative and straight up rude!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I really hope you arent talking about me changing my profile picture?!

Im not even commenting on this post anymore because certain people thrive on being negative and straight up rude!

Telling you the straight truth without sugar coating it and coddling you doesn't make it rude or negative....

Edited to add - if you aren't commenting on this post anymore..then...... >.>
    Just saying....
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    At what point do you decide that you might not have all the answers?

Your emotions and your attitude are causing you to ignore a whole lot of good advice.

If I asked you what kind of wallpaper paste to coat my garage door with so that my car would go faster, would you tell me that it's useless? I sure hope so.

That's basically what others are doing here (telling you the truth) whether you like it or not.

You are asking for a method that doesn't work, and when people are telling you that it doesn't work, you are putting your fingers in your ears.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    At what point do you decide that you might not have all the answers?
    Arrhythmia
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    running, or weights. May as well set your money on fire if you want to waste it.
This discussion has been closed.