• DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit.

MIND = BLOWN.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    At what point do you decide that you might not have all the answers?

Your emotions and your attitude are causing you to ignore a whole lot of good advice.

If I asked you what kind of wallpaper paste to coat my garage door with so that my car would go faster, would you tell me that it's useless? I sure hope so.

That's basically what others are doing here (telling you the truth) whether you like it or not.

You are asking for a method that doesn't work, and when people are telling you that it doesn't work, you are putting your fingers in your ears.

Put your fingers in something else, it's a far greater fat burner, more so then drugs :P
  • nbooher29
    nbooher29 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    To EVERYONE who gave helpful advice- I really appreciate it. And I do log my intake, workout on a regular basis and eat healthy foods.

The only reason I started to not look at people responses and got irritated by the comments is when people started saying RUDE things and took this post beyond what it should have gone.

I dont mind positive advice at all. I really do appreciate it. But when you go through this thread you can clearly see that people really are being rude and making jokes for the hell of it!!

Thats what I dont appreciate!!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Just use heroin. Yes its illegal and dangerous but unlike everything else on the market it definitely works
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    i suggest only listening to the people that havent progressed toward their goals at all while changing your profile picture all day long :drinker:

I really hope you arent talking about me changing my profile picture?!

Im not even commenting on this post anymore because certain people thrive on being negative and straight up rude!

But you just commented...
  • nbooher29
    nbooher29 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i suggest only listening to the people that havent progressed toward their goals at all while changing your profile picture all day long :drinker:

Im not even commenting on this post anymore because certain people thrive on being negative and straight up rude!

Why are you paying so close attention to what im doing??
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    cause we care
  • firstsip
    Options

Did you know that once you've commented on a thread, it becomes part of your "My Topics," and will be bumped to the top of your threads whenever someone comments on it?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Did you know that once you've commented on a thread, it becomes part of your "My Topics," and will be bumped to the top of your threads whenever someone comments on it?

It's not a matter of paying close attention to something. Paying close attention to something is saying you aren't going to wear a certain shade of nail polish and someone pointing out that you are still wearing it a couple months later.

Noticing you commenting on a forum post isn't paying close attention...it's just there. And you make it more obvious by saying you aren't commenting on something by commenting on that something you said you weren't going to comment on.....
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    OP, I agree that pills and supplements probably won't accomplish what you want. If you find one that works, it will probably be a temporary effect; however, if you have a big event for which you want to shed the last couple of pounds quickly, I can see where that might make sense.

Other than that, just WOW. I've been off MFP for a couple of months because I had surgery and couldn't exercise. This is the third thread I've seen today where people are really mean and catty. Have things changed that much in two months?

I hope you reach your goals and that you do it in a healthy, sustainable way. Best of luck!
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Just use heroin. Yes its illegal and dangerous but unlike everything else on the market it definitely works

My mommy said speed kept her skinny in her 20s, so that's another good idea.
  • firstsip
    Options
    OP, I agree that pills and supplements probably won't accomplish what you want. If you find one that works, it will probably be a temporary effect; however, if you have a big event for which you want to shed the last couple of pounds quickly, I can see where that might make sense.

Other than that, just WOW. I've been off MFP for a couple of months because I had surgery and couldn't exercise. This is the third thread I've seen today where people are really mean and catty. Have things changed that much in two months?

I hope you reach your goals and that you do it in a healthy, sustainable way. Best of luck!

Sorry, when an OP immediately becomes rude and abrasive to people pointing things out calmly, those people are going to respond less calmly. It's very aggravating to see people either advocate or look for potentially dangerous pills... and then attack people for pointing out they're dangerous.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Sorry, when an OP immediately becomes rude and abrasive to people pointing things out calmly, those people are going to respond less calmly. It's very aggravating to see people either advocate or look for potentially dangerous pills... and then attack people for pointing out they're dangerous.

^What she said
  • LoraMora
    LoraMora Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I knew a perfectly healthy 30 year old who ordered a fat burning solution from the back of a magazine. She worked out regularly and could run 5 miles a day.

After being on it for over a week, she didn't wake up one morning.

The funeral was very sad, especially for her two small children and husband.

The end.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Thank you to the comments I asked for!!

I am not looking for a magic pill- I am 2 pounds shy of losing 40 lbs. I am very determined and do all the right things. I would just like to try something different.

You don't need any of that junk. It does nothing.

However if you're looking for energy you could try some kind of caffeine pill I guess.
This discussion has been closed.