Rushfit vs. TapouT XT - My review/opinion/observation.

Options

Replies

• eksproductions
    eksproductions Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Just received Insanity, but after reading this thread, and reading the following review I think I would be better off returning it and ordering Rushfit. Thoughts?

This is a great comparison:

http://www.acefitness.org/certifiednewsarticle/1443/p90x-insanity-and-rushfit-a-side-by-side
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Just received Insanity, but after reading this thread, and reading the following review I think I would be better off returning it and ordering Rushfit. Thoughts?

This is a great comparison:

http://www.acefitness.org/certifiednewsarticle/1443/p90x-insanity-and-rushfit-a-side-by-side

Yes, I would do that just based entirely on how injury prone Insanity is compared to other workouts. That comparison is no joke. Insanity is not all that well put together and the only reason people see results from it is because of massive calorie burn during cardio workouts. It's not safe at all.
  • eksproductions
    eksproductions Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Yep, just ordered Rushfit!!
  • girlfighter1990
    Options
    Im not a fan of DVDs but I did see the Tap out video, its a very poor grade of training for MMA... My suggestion would be find a good gym to get a intense MMA Fitness workout. I myself go to a gym called MMAXOUT Fitness in Pennsylvania, its the real deal I lost 48 pounds in 4 1/2 months. Its much more fun training with people looking for similar goals and it pushes you harder to get in shape faster.

Good Luck with your Training
    Jen Swambach
  • Kempossible
    Kempossible Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Bump for later ! great post!
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    TTT
  • dthaverne
    Options
    Ok, I want to start working out and so far I like the reviews on TO and RF. I've Tried insanity and I hated all of the jumping because it really makes my knees hurt. Here is my situation: I get bored easily, I have a busy schedule, I want to get rid of the jiggles in my arm, legs, belly and back, I don't want to purchase more weights then the ones I already have and my space is limited. What would you suggest?
  • contingencyplan
    Options
    Ok, I want to start working out and so far I like the reviews on TO and RF. I've Tried insanity and I hated all of the jumping because it really makes my knees hurt. Here is my situation: I get bored easily, I have a busy schedule, I want to get rid of the jiggles in my arm, legs, belly and back, I don't want to purchase more weights then the ones I already have and my space is limited. What would you suggest?

If space is limited then they are both suitable for your needs because neither of them require more floor space than what it takes to lay a yoga mat in the middle of your floor. If you have enough space to get down on the ground and do pushups, you can do these workouts. Both of these workouts have one "Plyo" day a week that has you doing jumping exercises similar to what you did in Insanity. With TXT it's virtually the same thing, blisteringly fast paced high impact work. With Rushfit it's very different. It's more traditional, orthodox plyometrics, which have a very slow pace, use REAL plyo exercises, and have you take a few moments to compose yourself in between each rep. Basically it's like comparing how athletes train vs. glorified high impact aerobics. Also, with Rushfit, you only do the Plyo workout in the intermediate and advanced rotations. With Rushfit there are 3 different 8-week schedules you can choose to follow depending on your fitness level, and a few of the DVDs in the series are not used when following the beginner rotation. That's one of them. Regarding getting rid of "jiggle" that is more about diet than exercise.
  • perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I have Tap Out but have yet to do it. Now I feel inspired.
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    I'm a 43 year old Martial Artist, who is in decent shape (i've lost almost 30 lbs), but wants to supplement his training with a Martial Arts-based workout system. Now, i see you've been comparing Rushfit with Tapout XT, but i was thinking of getting Les Mills Combat instead. Which one of the three would you recommend?
  • contingencyplan
    Options
    I'm a 43 year old Martial Artist, who is in decent shape (i've lost almost 30 lbs), but wants to supplement his training with a Martial Arts-based workout system. Now, i see you've been comparing Rushfit with Tapout XT, but i was thinking of getting Les Mills Combat instead. Which one of the three would you recommend?

Les Mills Combat is a cardio-specific kickboxing program that basically is a home version of the Les Mills Bodycombat classes held in gyms. It's not as good as the actual classes conducted in class rooms, and it is pretty much strictly cardio, so if your regular training does not include strength training it's not ideal. Think of it as Tae Bo only more resembling actual kickboxing. The question is how do you plan to get your strength training in? Combat is ideal if you already have strength training you're doing on your own.
  • Dawid83
    Dawid83 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm busy with week four of Rushfit and I am really seeing and feeling overall improvements in my body. (I started Rushfit after completing Body Revolution, which I did as after many years of doing nothing.)

I enjoy my training dvd's, they keep me motivated and not close to being as boring as going to a gym. So my question is, which would be the best exercise dvd for me to do once I've completed Rushfit? I'm a 29 year old male (my profile has me as female, who knows why and how to change it?!)
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I'm busy with week four of Rushfit and I am really seeing and feeling overall improvements in my body. (I started Rushfit after completing Body Revolution, which I did as after many years of doing nothing.)

I enjoy my training dvd's, they keep me motivated and not close to being as boring as going to a gym. So my question is, which would be the best exercise dvd for me to do once I've completed Rushfit? I'm a 29 year old male (my profile has me as female, who knows why and how to change it?!)

Home> Settings > Diet /Fitness Profile will help you to change to Male, haha...
  • Dawid83
    Dawid83 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Yahooooooooo!!!!! I'm a man!

• seanburn
    Options
    Hi Contengency,

I sent this too you as a PM but thought I'd post it here as your reply would probably benefit others as well. I wanted to ask you a couple questions. If you're too busy to respond I understand, but any info would be appreciated! I just purchased Tapout XT and will be starting it on Monday. Currently, for the last few weeks I have been going to the gym doing a 5 day weight lifting workout. Before that I was doing kettle bell at home. I was planning on sticking with the Tapout routine for at least the first month, doing the exercises in the morning. Along with that I would also like to go to them gym three times a week, doing two body groups a day, not super heavy but just enough to keep muscle. Do you think that would be ok? If I'm following the schedule can you recommend certain days that would be good to do the gym workouts on? After a month I may do a modified schedule like you mentioned in the thread, but I wanted to try the schedule and all the workouts first for a month, just to give it a shot.

Also, if you were combining some of the tapout workouts with a 3 day weight workout, do you have any suggestions as to how you would schedule it? I'm thinking something a long the lines of three days at the gym and three days of tap out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean
  • contingencyplan
    Options

Can you view my blog? In there you will find a list of all my highest ranked DVD workout plans as the most recent entry. If you can't let me know and I'll post it.

EDIT: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/contingencyplan

Here you go in case you can't access it any other way
  • contingencyplan
    Options
    Hi Contengency,

I sent this too you as a PM but thought I'd post it here as your reply would probably benefit others as well. I wanted to ask you a couple questions. If you're too busy to respond I understand, but any info would be appreciated! I just purchased Tapout XT and will be starting it on Monday. Currently, for the last few weeks I have been going to the gym doing a 5 day weight lifting workout. Before that I was doing kettle bell at home. I was planning on sticking with the Tapout routine for at least the first month, doing the exercises in the morning. Along with that I would also like to go to them gym three times a week, doing two body groups a day, not super heavy but just enough to keep muscle. Do you think that would be ok? If I'm following the schedule can you recommend certain days that would be good to do the gym workouts on? After a month I may do a modified schedule like you mentioned in the thread, but I wanted to try the schedule and all the workouts first for a month, just to give it a shot.

Also, if you were combining some of the tapout workouts with a 3 day weight workout, do you have any suggestions as to how you would schedule it? I'm thinking something a long the lines of three days at the gym and three days of tap out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean

I answered in PM but generally speaking it's not a good idea to combine any 5-6 day a week scheduled high intensity workout program like this with weight days in the gym as your muscles won't get the rest they need to see optimal gains from your gym workouts, which should take precedence over these workouts. It's best to take the cardio-only DVDs in the workout plan that feature little to no resistance training and do them to supplement the weight training in whatever order you choose. Just remember to NEVER EVER EVER do them within 48 hours before or after leg day in the gym as your lower body muscle groups are used extensively in any cardio workout and definitely need their recovery.
  • contingencyplan
    Options

Yahooooooooo!!!!! I'm a man!

Glad the operation was a success =)
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options

Les Mills Combat is a cardio-specific kickboxing program that basically is a home version of the Les Mills Bodycombat classes held in gyms. It's not as good as the actual classes conducted in class rooms, and it is pretty much strictly cardio, so if your regular training does not include strength training it's not ideal. Think of it as Tae Bo only more resembling actual kickboxing. The question is how do you plan to get your strength training in? Combat is ideal if you already have strength training you're doing on your own.

I don't do that much strength training, so which program would you recommend then?