The "B" stomach.

Options

Replies

• LilBelieve
    Options
    I finally know what to call that flab I have around my mid-section. I always thought I was the only one! I'm very interested to hear if anyone has gotten rid of it!!
  • Newkatrinah
    Options
    Hate this sad reality. Even if I lose significant weight, my "figure" will still be a droopy something....
  • kellie1055
    kellie1055 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    aaahh yes...the B belly. I have one..uuugghhh. It really does look like I have a rope around my midddle squeezing very tightly. Is that "dent" suppose to be my natural waist?
  • MichelleMatt1968
    MichelleMatt1968 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    the answer is PLANKS! I hate to do them..but it works the best...better than a million crunches and situps....
    You lay on the floor face down...amrs under you, like a little kid watching tv with your face in your hands...you know Up on your elbos...
    then straiten out your whole body and get up on your toes..so, nothing is touching the floor between your elbos and your toes..(take your face off your hands) your back and legs should be strait as a plank..hold for 10 seconds and work your way up the time till you can hold for a minute..you will not be able to do it for about 2 weeks if you do this every day!!! its sucksss. but it will tighten all the muscles in your lower back, and your sides...it will hurt your legs first, as we try to ease our pain in our strongest muscles..then you will try to arch your back...that is the exercise...DONT DO IT...IT WILL BE EASIER AFTER YOU CONQUER 20 SECONDS...Im 44 and have to lose 45 lbs. just started here....the first rule of fat on the belly.1. YOU DONT LOSE FAT FROM SITUPS OR ANY WORKOUT, YOU GAIN MUSCLE UNDER THE FAT. THE ONLY THING TO LOSE THE FAT IS TO NOT EAT FAT!!
    That is my downfall....so help keep me away from fats! Thanks everyone.
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Fellow B tummy here! I kind of always thought it was just from wearing too tight pants & my stomach grew over & under the waistband. Never occurred to me that it was normal. LOL!
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    i avoid tying my robe and therefore refuse to admit that i too, have a B stomach :(
  • MellyGibson
    MellyGibson Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    the answer is PLANKS! I hate to do them..but it works the best...better than a million crunches and situps....
    You lay on the floor face down...amrs under you, like a little kid watching tv with your face in your hands...you know Up on your elbos...
    then straiten out your whole body and get up on your toes..so, nothing is touching the floor between your elbos and your toes..(take your face off your hands) your back and legs should be strait as a plank..hold for 10 seconds and work your way up the time till you can hold for a minute..you will not be able to do it for about 2 weeks if you do this every day!!! its sucksss. but it will tighten all the muscles in your lower back, and your sides...it will hurt your legs first, as we try to ease our pain in our strongest muscles..then you will try to arch your back...that is the exercise...DONT DO IT...IT WILL BE EASIER AFTER YOU CONQUER 20 SECONDS...Im 44 and have to lose 45 lbs. just started here....the first rule of fat on the belly.1. YOU DONT LOSE FAT FROM SITUPS OR ANY WORKOUT, YOU GAIN MUSCLE UNDER THE FAT. THE ONLY THING TO LOSE THE FAT IS TO NOT EAT FAT!!
    That is my downfall....so help keep me away from fats! Thanks everyone.

While planks are an awesome way to gain strength in your midsection (and other supporting areas), I cannot stress enough that a flat stomach is made in the KITCHEN! And you absolutely need fats in order to survive - but the good fats that are found in nuts, avocadoes, olives, etc., not the ones in french fries, potato chips, and burgers!
  • canadiandee
    canadiandee Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Ha - so that's what it's called. Yep, I have a B stomach. My husband has a D stomach and I sometimes wonder why our fat distributes itself so differently.
  • MichelleMatt1968
    MichelleMatt1968 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Your correct about the good fats...I was being to general when I said the fats...your right, you save money in the kitchen and you stay slim in the kitchen with the right fats....this is what I am loving about this new tool, mfp, support!!! If there are any other snack tips, keep them coming...
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I'm not alone :laugh: and it's so true, beautiful tummies are made in the kitchen, not from situps!

We're all praying for the mystical "I" stomach too I see! LOL.

Keep working hard everyone! B's to I's! (wouldn't that confuse everyone on the forums? ha)
  • Jen800
    Options
    I have some!

I mix greek yogurt w/ 2 tbsp Fibre one honey flakes (although not very healthy, it adds that kick of sweet!) , 2tbsp bran/flax/other flakes, and a bit of granola ( I use this hemp granola sometimes, it tastes GREAT.) and then add 1.5 tsp of honey. Add fruit as desired!

I also like whole wheat PB and Bannna wraps! ( I call it a Nanna rollup :blushing: )
    I just use half a banana, 1 tbsp PB and half a tbsp honey. You can half these things for a lighter snack (it's around 300 cals for the whole thing, but for half its about 170 ish)

I also make these really great tasting homemade granola bars. I don't have the recipe for you right now, but if you wanted it I could certainly send you the site.

Ever heard of "the green monster smoothie"? I LOVE IT. So healthy and so yummy! google it! NOW!

PB and bannana icecream (seeing a trend here? lol) Just made with 2 frozen bananas, some almond milk, and some PB.)

Zucchini bread! MMM. I didn't like the walnuts I added to mine, but it was really good nonetheless. I substituted most of the sugar for applesauce.
    If I think of any more I'll tell you!
  • runningwoodpecker
    Options
    I still dont get it...a B from the side, or a B letter from the front? if its from the front how would you have one side flat and one side 'B' ish?
  • Claire_x90
    Options
    do you think eating alphabet soup would help? :tongue: :flowerforyou:

Haha!! :) actually laughed, good call!

(probably not just carbs and salt :( )
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Eat at a reasonable caloric deficit to lose the body fat. Strength train, especially doing compound lifts to strengthen your core.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I still dont get it...a B from the side, or a B letter from the front? if its from the front how would you have one side flat and one side 'B' ish?

No...picture a B laid over all the way to the right, with the bumps to the bottom.
  • nixxy74
    nixxy74 Posts: 106
    Options
    i have a b with a droopy upper case B

oh i hate the alphabet now hahahha
  • Jen800
    Options

It's usually from the side. At least, in my case it is. I think my "B" is more similar to rolls and less droopy, so who knows? :laugh: But i know a lot of people have "Bs" that are droopy from either having children or just being their genetics

Imagine you have a rope tied around your waist, just above your bellybutton. the skin and fat above it leak over the rope, and the fat underneath it juts out. your bellybutton is slightly hard to see because it's hidden in the crease between the "rope". In reality, the rope is just a crease (mine is always red :grumble: gah!) Now do you understand :D?
  • runningwoodpecker
    Options

It's usually from the side. At least, in my case it is. I think my "B" is more similar to rolls and less droopy, so who knows? :laugh: But i know a lot of people have "Bs" that are droopy from either having children or just being their genetics

Imagine you have a rope tied around your waist, just above your bellybutton. the skin and fat above it leak over the rope, and the fat underneath it juts out. your bellybutton is slightly hard to see because it's hidden in the crease between the "rope". In reality, the rope is just a crease (mine is always red :grumble: gah!) Now do you understand :D?

Now i understand! Thank you I was so confused! and the straight line on the B is supposed to be your back!
  • Jen800
    Options

Now i understand! Thank you I was so confused! and the straight line on the B is supposed to be your back!

Yes! haha congratulations :):flowerforyou:
  • luvs2teachincali
    luvs2teachincali Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old thread, but I was desperately searching for before/during/after pictures of women shaped like me. I didn't know what to call it.... I searched "belly crease," "tummy crease," "stomach crease," "inverted belly," etc. LOL. Glad to have a name for it, B... makes perfect sense. Like someone else who posted, I have been a "B" shape since I can remember (maybe 5th or 6th grade) and I envy those with "I" shapes of course, but also those with "D" shapes as I think they look more proportioned.

Anyone have any pics to share? :flowerforyou: