What is your favorite frozen healthy food?

Options

Replies

• auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Rather than frozen dinners I look for frozen "real food" items that I can mix and match

I'm a big Trader Joe's fan:

I'll buy bags of:
    -- Frozen Veg.
    -- Frozen Mashed potatoes ...or... Frozen Sweet Potato Frites*
    -- Frozen Turkey Meatballs ...or... White Roughy ...or... Shrimp ...or... Chicken Sausages (sold in Fridge sect, then I pop in Freezer)

I put a serving of each on a plate and nuke for 2-3 min. and Voila! Dinner
    (*I like my Frites crispy, so I do them in the oven.)
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    Frozen Peas!! :) I know that's not quite what you were asking, but I love frozen peas!! Just thaw them a bit and add them to cottage cheese, salads, throw in some pasta and parmesan (i guess that's a little bit of cooking but still) - yummo!!

This is what I was going to say...only I like to eat them frozen!
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    You think that **** is healthy?
    Honestly? So you think it's not healthIER than eating a pizza? Or fast food fried foods and burgers? Seriously?

Did this person say that it was? No, they simply said that frozen meals aren't healthy. I said the same thing, but I also DIDN'T say that pizza and fried foods are healthy. If eating frozen dinners is how YOU chose to eat, kudos, but my body doesn't do well with sodium so I avoid it. Geeze
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    None. None of it is healthy. I'm not saying I may not buy something once in a very great while but I don't kid myself into thinking that it's anywhere close to healthy.

Nonsense. There are lots of frozen healthy foods.

because all of that added salt and preservitives are just soooooooo good for you
    I don't delude myself into thinking that a Lean Cuisine is the *best* choice, however I rarely cool and I believe that the Lean Cuisine is at least as 'good for me,' if not better, than eating a bunch of fast food. Far less calories and actually a lot less sodium as well. The Lean Cuisine meals I eat usually have 650 of less mg of sodium, which is actually less than a sandwich from Wendy's, also quite a few less calories. Shrug... Maybe it's not "healthy" to you, but it's definitely HEALTHIER than what I used to eat.

^^^ Exactly! Progress, not perfection! I love the fitness snobs on here who criticize everything! A Lean Cuisine is better than fast food, Wawa, even Subway, etc. The point is, the OP is making healthier choices today! Only compare yourself to yourself!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    edamame, corn, leftovers, that's all i can think of that i eat frozen.
  • brokenjawedmuse
    Options
    None. None of it is healthy. I'm not saying I may not buy something once in a very great while but I don't kid myself into thinking that it's anywhere close to healthy.

because all of that added salt and preservitives are just soooooooo good for you

....says the woman with McDonalds and Captain Crunch on her food diary...Hmmmm...
  • rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I don't eat the frozen pre-prepared meals anymore, but I do love frozen fish filets. I live in a place where the frozen fish is "fresher" than the "fresh" fish. I love getting the flash-frozen, individually-wrapped filets from Kroger. Wild-caught pollock is the cheapest, so I get that a lot, but I also like tilapia, salmon, etc. You don't even have to thaw them-- I just throw some fresh-minced garlic and a couple lemon slices on top and they come out of the oven after 15 mins or less tasting amazing! I make fresh-cut sweet potato "fries" to go with them a lot.
  • sagefitnessfanatic
    Options
    Ice Cream. Ok, wait, that may not be considered "healthy." So I will go with seafood - scallops and shrimp and blueberries.
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I love birdseye frozen vegetables , so quick and easy
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    You think that **** is healthy?
    Honestly? So you think it's not healthIER than eating a pizza? Or fast food fried foods and burgers? Seriously?

Did this person say that it was? No, they simply said that frozen meals aren't healthy. I said the same thing, but I also DIDN'T say that pizza and fried foods are healthy. If eating frozen dinners is how YOU chose to eat, kudos, but my body doesn't do well with sodium so I avoid it. Geeze
    And that wasn't what I was saying either. But some of us don't cook much. Which means either changing that habit, which I probably should, but at this point in life... Not real sure that's going to happen. All I was saying, in this post and another, was that they tend to be healthIER than the choices we made previously. Not everyone is at the same place in their journey as you are.
  • Klassen5
    Klassen5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like the LOVE chicken teriyaki bowl and I microwave it with a pile of spinach and mushrooms on top - yum!
  • LadyZephyr
    LadyZephyr Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers meals or cod fillets in butter sauce. Both are healthy and delicious.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    What is your favorite frozen healthy food?

Organic mixed berry blend.
  • YumemiruJin
    YumemiruJin Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Frozen bananas. Easy and sweet.
  • chelazar88
    chelazar88 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I love the weight watchers smart ones. The Santa Fe Beans and rice is a fav also the Chicken Suiza Enchiladas. Well seasoned! I know some frozen meals arent the best, but obviously I log what I eat and the sodium isnt that bad...
  • myraknits
    myraknits Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'd be lost without my freezer! Where to begin...
    Vita Muffin Tops for breakfast
    Amy's Light and Lean dinners
    Any frozen veggies (I nuke a bag and throw them in with the Amy's... Volumetrics!)
    Kashi Vegetarian Dinners (Can't speak for the meaty ones)

I try and watch the sodium but other than that, I eat them regularly and I'm pretty darn healthy.
    Plus I make my own crockpot dishes and freeze individual portions of leftovers in baggies for quick meals too.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options

....says the woman with McDonalds and Captain Crunch on her food diary...Hmmmm...
    +1
  • moxleye
    moxleye Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I agree with you 100% when I implied "healthy frozen food" I was implying food that is better for you than other frozen food that is loaded in calories.
  • bronnyd
    bronnyd Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I like Amy's organic vegetarian meals. Palak Paneer or Mattar Tofu is really good.

Me too - Amy's is the only frozen meals I will buy. I like the teriyaki tofu bowl.
  • ashleew1117
    Options

I don't delude myself into thinking that a Lean Cuisine is the *best* choice, however I rarely cook and I believe that the Lean Cuisine is at least as 'good for me,' if not better, than eating a bunch of fast food. Far less calories and actually a lot less sodium as well. The Lean Cuisine meals I eat usually have 650 of less mg of sodium, which is actually less than a sandwich from Wendy's, also quite a few less calories. Shrug... Maybe it's not "healthy" to you, but it's definitely HEALTHIER than what I used to eat.

^^ agree with you. Your right they do have some sodium packed into them and prepackaged foods aren't always the best for you but it's much healthier than going to McDonalds or Wendys and shoving deep fried french fries down my throat.