Females in their 20's...Over 200lbs...wanting motivation!

Options

Replies

• Mindochka
    Mindochka Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    This looks great! I am 28 (almost 29!) and from MD. I am dropping weight slowly (slow and steady wins the race) while training for a half marathon in May 2013 and doing some weight lifting (none of this sissy stuff!) I am always up for positive attitudes, support, and encouragement. And I promise to dish out the same. :) Feel free to add me (with a little note please).
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I am not any longer BUT i was. I weighed 277 lbs. The last time i was under 200 lbs was in 1998. Today i weigh 178 and am 20 lbs from goal. It was crazy to see my weight start with a 1 for the first time in 14 years. Anyways i just wanted to wish you all luck. It can seem very overwhelming but take it small goals at a time. GOOD LUCK!!!
  • alodell89
    alodell89 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 (almost 24) living in Seattle and I am definitely in the 200+ category! It's nice to see more people around my age on here!
  • missmidge84
    missmidge84 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm 28 and started at 262. Three months later I'm down to 230.
    I'm 5'4, eat 1900 calories a day, am doing Couch to 5k and looking to start a new strength routine soon.
    Always looking for some motivating friends!
  • Kami2211
    Kami2211 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This group is perfect! I am 24 years old and a graduate student, and I’ve been unsuccessful on balancing a healthy lifestyle and school. I am about to transfer graduate programs next fall, so I want to feel better and look better before that next chapter in my life. It’s difficult to connect with friends, in regards to weight loss, who are not similar in size, so this group will be extremely helpful!
  • jlneifer
    Options
    It sounds like there are a ton of ladies in their twenties within the 200+ lbs...this is going to be a great way for everyone to get motivation!! I just turned 24 New Year's Eve..my current weight and my highest weight ever is 226.12....wow I never really thought it would ever get this bad....although it is time for a change and I am ready for a change..my fiancé proposed to me on July 8 2012 and we are getting married October 2013..!!!! It is time to get back to the real me!!!

I love to hear different workout techniques different meal plans and anything that may help!!

I am currently doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred...I am trying to watch what I eat...I am slowy going to make the food transition and hopefully eventually always eat healthy!!!

Good luck everyone and keep the motivation coming!!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I was 218 lbs at 24 years of age. It's totally within your reach... just do it!
  • cre8freedom
    cre8freedom Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Starting again! Highest weight ever in my life recorded yesterday - 234... ack!!! Good luck ladies and feel free to add me!
  • Lacey_Cakes
    Lacey_Cakes Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Heyy in 24 and 240. Last year i was 190 sadface. Stupid baby! lol anyway feel free to add me! Im trying to get under 200 by the summer
  • ufoundfaith
    Options
    Hey there! My name is Faith and I'm 23. I'm over 200 lbs.. at 211. I'm hoping to get to my goal this year. Feel free to add me! I need all the encouragement I can get, and I would love to encourage others as well! :)
  • gabiii1989
    Options
    I'm 23 and I need to lose over 100lbs... probably more like 140 from what I weight right now. Already lost 12lb in the last 2 weeks, still got a lot more to go! It's also pretty bad, considering I'm only 5 foot.
  • mindy2286
    mindy2286 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,
    My name is Mindy and i started this new life journey on Oct, 1, 2012 and at 267.8 and seing as how i am only 5'4 i was HUGE! 3 months in and im down to 230.2 as of this morning. It is not easy and some days i wanna give up but then i get on the scale and see the number getting lower and the clothes getting looser and it makes me wanna go even harder!! I do admit to slacking off a little around christmas time but now time to get it back going to full force! You just got to want it bad enough and you will get it :)
  • lizplaster
    lizplaster Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I"m 6 lbs away from ONE-derland, would love support to get past this hump.
  • NatzC123
    NatzC123 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I am 23 and started off at 254 lbs, down to 218 lbs now but still a long way to go!
    Hope we can all help each other and make this exciting journey together!
    feel free to add me :)
  • 141by2016
    141by2016 Posts: 179
    Options
    Hiya! I stared out at 226, was down to 151, started med school and am up to 170ish, looking to get to the high 130s ultimately, but I am most concerned about getting in better shape.
  • mhowe86
    mhowe86 Posts: 37
    Options
    So nice to see so many full figured ladies trying to make a big change.

I am 26, 230lbs - the heaviest of my life. My goal is to get down to a much healthier weight so that I can be proud of myself when i look in the mirror. Getting a bit tired of being the heaviest of my friends and would like to be a bombshell for summer!

I've tried 1000 times before to lose the weight but always end up getting discouraged and giving up. I'm happy to have found a group of ladies in my same position and cant wait to share my progress!

+Add me if you would like a new partner on this journey!
  • brittany127
    brittany127 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am 22 and 200 lbs. Add me :)
  • drummer_lady
    drummer_lady Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    22 year old student here, 5'11'' and 270 lbs after putting a couple lbs back on over christmas. Hoping to get under 200 at some point this year, but the weight is coming off sooooo slowly :(
  • Barbarajavon
    Options
    Hey Y'all,

I'm 24. My highest weight was 256 but now I am 214. My short term goal is to get under 200 lbs while my long term goal is to reach somewhere between 130 and 145 depending on how I look and feel. :-)

Good Luck everyone and feel free to add me.
  • hope19862000
    Options
    hey all, Im 26 and a trainee pharmacy technician and im just over 270 pounds, in an idea world i should be about 100 :( Im starting a 6month placement in a hospital the end of june so I want to be atleast 14 poounds down by then